Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'd like to use almond butter but have seen that it can be costly. Where do you get yours? What brand do you get? without spending a fortune ;)

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I'd like to use almond butter but have seen that it can be costly. Where do you get yours? What brand do you get? without spending a fortune ;)

I get mine at Costco. I think it's called "Maranatha" brand.

Liz

Started Specific Carbohydrate Diet on 8-16-09 because son was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and want to give him moral support.

Diagnosed with Minimal Change Nephrotic Syndrome in 2003. Discovered that going completely gluten-free put me in remission.

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Psalms 27:13

I like Woodstock Farms. I get it at Wegman's.

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

We get ours at Trader Joe's...it's their own brand. I buy the raw kind because the thoery is that it has more enzymes. I have no idea if it's true or not.

It's $5.99 for a "normal" sized container. Whatever you do DON'T but it at Whole Foods...it's almost $20 for ONE JAR!!! :o

Dairy/Casein Free- March 2007

Gluten Free- May 2007

Soy Free- August 2007

Sugar Free- January 2008

Starch Free- January 2008

Egg Free (again!)- February 2008

Sulfur Free- May 2008

Dx'd Lyme Disease and co-infections- December 2007

It's $5.99 for a "normal" sized container. Whatever you do DON'T but it at Whole Foods...it's almost $20 for ONE JAR!!! :o

I guess that is why they call Whole Foods Whole Paycheck LOL

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

Trader Joe's is a good place to get a decent deal on it. (You can get it from Whole Foods for less than $20, though it's still like $8 or $9. You can get the 'fresh' (refrigerated) stuff there for $20, if you really want to spend that much.) You can also make your own by using a food processor (like a CusineArt) on raw almonds, with a touch of salt if you like it.

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA

We even buy the same things at that store :)

:D Amanda--how about that

At our Whole Foods, the refrigerated almond butters are closer to $30 per jar. :o

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Thanks guys! TJ's it is! Our nearest is over the border in another state but DH gets over that way once in a while on business and I have him get stuff for me. BTW I used to live in P.A. and loved Wegmans. I remember all the artisinal breads in the front of the store!

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies