Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chlobo

Resource For Updating My Kitchen Products?

So last night it dawned on me that I probably need to replace all our cutting boards, amongst other things. I'd like to do this right. Is there a list somewhere that tells me which kitchen items to get rid of and which ones to keep?

Thanks in advance for the help.

DD, Age 4, diagnosed gluten sensitive 11/07

DH, diagnosed gluten sensitive with malabsorption 12/07

awaiting my test results now

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I don't know if someone has a list compiled but here are a few basics:

Can Opener, (I put this first cause mine got me for ages :D )

Toaster

Non stick and coated pans that are scratched

Cast Iron pans (some have ones that they have been able to get clean and reseason but it is a process)

Wooden Utensils

Cutting Board

Bread Maker

Things like glass ware, ceramics and mixer should not be a problem as long as you are able to get them really clean. Forks can be stinkers, I took a real close look one day between my tines and was shocked. A nylon net scrubby can take care of that really quick.

Also if you use a dish washer make sure you clean it out real good and I also replaced my silverware drawer liner and vacuumed out all the drawers. Amazing how many crumbs can accumulate under the stuff you don't look at often.

There are most likely quite a few things I have forgotten but I know others will think of them.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

I did what Raven recommends.

I kept my stand mixer but gave away the cheap handheld because I could see alot of flour in the front vents and couldn't get it out.

I am one of those who cleaned and kept cast iron pans. Put them in the oven on the cleaning cycle. When they're done they and the oven are a powdery mess and require a thorough cleaning and reseasoning but I don't have any problems and am still sensitive to CC.

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

I also replaced scratched metal pots and pans, bake ware and anything that is difficult to clean, like strainers, whisks, etc. I bought a new deep fryer too.

Jenny

Son 6 yrs old, Positive blood work, Outstanding dietary response, no biopsy.

Household mostly gluten free since 3/07

Me: HLA-DQ 02 & 0302 (DQ 08), which I ran & analyzed myself!Currently gluten lite, negative tTG, asymptomatic

Raven really sums it up. I did away with all scratched up pots and pans. I got my own toaster. I started putting all my special food in one area.

I also did a complete organization of all our stuff. It gave me an excuse to purchase the things we had been putting off for years.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif