Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stolly

Good Books To Read About Celiac?

My 2.5 yr old daughter just had her bx, and I just have a feeling that she has celiac...results back on Tuesday. Anyway, I'm looking for suggestions of a good book to learn about celiac...specifically for my mom who watches my daughter a few days a week. I spend time online, but my mom doesn't go online. I need something that explains the basics of celiac disease, the diet, and the importance of following the diet. She's already said to me..."she can have regular pizza once in a while, right?" She just doesn't understand, and I think it would sink in better if she could read a book about it. Thanks!

Holly

DD5: juveline rheumatoid arthritis 8/07; celiac 3/08

DS3: negative blood tests

Me and DH: negative blood tests

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac Disease, a Hidden Epedemic by Dr. Peter Green, is a good book. The Celiac Sprue Association will send out an information packet for free. I had one sent to my sister.

http://www.csaceliacs.org/cgi-bin/store/st...&prodid=481

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

Join eNewsletter

I have the book "Gluten free for Dummies" by Danna Korn. It is written for anyone who wants to learn about the gluten-free lifestyle, and explains things very simply. It would be very helpful for you and your mom.

Be yourself, everyone else is taken.

Oscar Wilde

Gluten free November 2007

IgA Deficient, Neg Bloodwork, Double DQ2 Positive

Dietary and Genetic Diagnosis June 2, 2008

Soy free Jan 09

Join eNewsletter

I have the book "Gluten free for Dummies" by Danna Korn. It is written for anyone who wants to learn about the gluten-free lifestyle, and explains things very simply. It would be very helpful for you and your mom.

I agree, Danna Korn explains things very simply and also with tasteful humor that makes it easy for anyone to understand. She also has some good simple recipes listed that your mom could make such as super easy peanut butter cookies etc.

Kathy

Gluten free 3/08

Negative blood work/positive endoscopy

Fructose Malabsorption

Soy free

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter