Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worriedtodeath

What Is Your All Time Favorite Skin Care/makeup

OKAY! So now that I have made the connection between food and body issues/behaviour, now the little lightbulb is going off and I am realzing that all those cleaners/moisterizers/ have chemicals that are soaking in to my body!!!!Anyway..I've searched the boards and found several choices but still wondering what is the favorite out there?

I'm looking at the mineral stuff, bare and everyday as well as Mychelle and afterglow but I'm not sure how they compare price wise and size, customer service wise, and how well the skin care actually works (I've been using clinique/oil of olay for years and I won't even tell how dangerous they were ranked by skni deep)

Thanks

Stacie

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I love MyChelle Honeydew Cleanser--I use it every day.

I used to use Bare Escentuals, but it started to make my face itch so I am using Everyday Minerals and like them very much. I use their foundation, blush, lip gloss and concealer.

Another company I really like is Andrea Rose--I use their lip gloss, mascara, and body/hand lotion. I plan on ordering the sunscreen next. I've spoken with Andrea, and she works very closely with the chemist to insure that the products are gluten-free.

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Join eNewsletter

Everyday Minerals!!!!! First makeup I have ever found that looks good on me and I enjoy using. It's all natural and gluten free. Please join us, won't you, on the massive mineral madness thread! :lol:

-Colleen

Dx 8/05 via bloodwork and biopsy (total villous atrophy)

13-year old son Dx 11/05 via bloodwork and biopsy

Daughters (16 and 5) have tested negative via bloodwork

A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Join eNewsletter

Everyday Minerals!!!!! First makeup I have ever found that looks good on me and I enjoy using. It's all natural and gluten free. Please join us, won't you, on the massive mineral madness thread! :lol:

:lol:

Yeah, come join the thread! It's great fun, and as you can see, we are quite fond of the make-up (so much so that we can't seem to shut-up about it. :lol:)

For skin care, I like Aubrey Organics. Mychelle is good too (good, high quality stuff), but I seem to be sensitive to it for some reason (it makes my face bright red). They do have a good sample kit though if you want to check it out.

"Let food be thy medicine, and let thy medicine be food." - Hippocrates

Join eNewsletter

I see you've already joined us on the Everyday Minerals thread :D

I have been using the Earth Science skin care line for several years now and I really like the products and how my skin feels. Everything I use is gluten-free and I looked it up over at Skin Deep and the numbers ranged from 2-7 (not particularly happy about the 7 :( , so i will be looking for a new moisturizer)

For make-up I use EM (concealer, foundation, blush, and eye shadows), Ecco Bella mascara (rates a 2 at Skin Deep :)), and Cowgirl lip balm (although they recently went out of business)

I like to use natural things also, I think it's good to get the toxic load down not only in food but with personal care products and cleaning supplies :)

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter