Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HAK1031

Wonderful Evening Of Gluten Freedom

I tried the new heal food store/bakery that opened today, it's great! Unfortunately by the time I got there the baked goods were near cleaned out, but I got some divine chocolate balsamic cookies and a baguette. But the store is great and has almost all of my favorites, plus the woman (a former teacher from my old middle school) and her husband who own it are sweethearts. She has celiac as well. When I was there there were three mother/daughters with celiac...I have never seen so many celiacs in one place! :lol:

Then I went to outback, which is always nice..and I got the Chocolate Thunder for dessert...I think I have died and gone to gluten-free heaven. It's funny how the little things make us so happy :)

Gluten Free since 10/07

Mildly Lactose Intolerant, slight intestinal symptoms after eating milk products, but easily corrected with lactase enzyme

Endometriosis- DX'd 5/07

Gluten Antibodies- "negative"...don't know exact numbers, am highly suspicious...

DXed celiac 12-19-07 via genetics/elimination diet- DQ2 allele

Brother with Celiac, aspergers...his tests were all negative (he didn't have genetics done), including endoscopy, but he definitely is at the least gluten intolerant...highly suspect my mother has it as well- she has hyperthyroid, fibromyalgia, hemochromatosis, and now colon cancer, and she has been weak and exhausted and just generally sick. She's going to get tested.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Sounds like you had a wonderful day--that's great! :D That bakery sounds fabulous.

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Join eNewsletter

I tried the new heal food store/bakery that opened today, it's great!

Hey, could you share name and/or town of store/bakery?

Will happily travel for provisions, especially yummy gluten-free ones :D

Thanks!!

gluten-free (except unintentionally) from 7 Dec 2007

3 gluten-free cousins and counting (1 gold standard, 1 pos blood/no endo, 1 self/dietary diagnosed)

suspect mother was celiac (also, cousin suspects my mother's twin is celiac)

Feb 08 testing 'normal range' for gluten antibodies, IBD and food allergies

Staying off gluten - dietary reaction is compelling for me!

"Hi, I'm the gluten-free diner at your table."

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter