Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blueeyedmanda

Wegmans Drugs And Vitamins

John and I were in Wegmans the other day and he was looking for some vitamins. I happened the pick up a bottle of the Wegmans brand and on the side it said No Gluten No Lactose. It was not the little "G" in the circle but it was still listing gluten status. I know not all of the meds have it yet so it must be new.

Another step in the right direction.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Great news, but I'm not surprised. :D They are such a gluten-free-friendly store.

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Join eNewsletter

CAUTION! Barley Grass is in the B complex Wegman's brand vitamins, so still be careful. Barley grass is supposed to be gluten free, but I can not imagine that the manufacturer manages to keep ALL of the seeds out of the production line. It is listed as "Mixed greens" on the smaller bottles, I believe. If you can not find the ingredients on the small bottles, go to the largest size and check those.

DO NOT TAKE the G as anything more than a good indication that you can probably have the product, ALWAYS check the labels.

They can sell the vitamins as gluten-free, but personally I wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole. So, don't relax, keep on your toes, check all ingredients and assess the risk and act accordingly.... even when things are marked as gluten-free. But to be fair, Wegman's is fantastic about marking their food and educating thier employees!

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter