Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nikki2008

Is Citracal gluten-free, And Is It A Good Supplement To Use...

Hi Nikki! As far as I know it's ok. I've taken Calcium w/D for years and am so glad I did. Imust have absorbed at least some of it...but still have Osteo and dental problems.....I just got diagnosed last Nov. I WAS taking a no-name store brand. Even with the gluten-free diet I was still very ill and couldn't figure out why. Re checked everything I put in my mouth. The brand I was using listed "starch" first. I don't think that supplements fall under the food lable laws. Since I've gone back to Citrical brand I've been doing much better. Still have a way to go, but I suspect that the off brand was causing me major problems...as it was the only thing I've changed lately. Unless you hear otherwise.....I'd say go ahead. We need all the help we can get to rebuild our bodies from all of the damage! Good luck in your healing!

Thanks!

I have been taking Citracal and according to their website, they are gluten-free. There is no phone number on the bottle, but you can check under www.citracal.com. Hope this helps.

Thanks for your kind wishes. I'm anemic and I need an iron supplement, but I'm so bloated and have so much gas pain right not, I'm afraid to put anything new in my stomach. The pharmacist recommended Fergon because it's derived from plants and is the most gentle. Have you had anyexperience with iron supplements? I'm getting a little iron in Ensure, but that's about it. Thanks and I hope you're feeling well.

Thanks for your reply. I'm also trying to figure out what to do about an iron supplement, in case you have any advice.

I get the shots. Much easier than trying to take it orally. I do have a kind of "rust" spot on my rear end where I get the iron shots, though. That seems to be the only drawback that I have noticed.

The only iron supplements I get now are what is in my multivitamin. I have never been able to take any extra iron....and for a long time took no iron because it gave me constipation....really bad. I do seem to be able to tolerate what I'm taking now. I do hope you can find something that does you some good.