Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My doctor recently prescribed 10 mg for my perimenopause symptoms. It's been about 2 months but I've noticed I have more D days than usual so I rack my brain to figure out what I could have had that had hidden gluten etc. Could it be possibly the Prozac? It does say that it can cause diarreah for some people. I don't have it everyday but more often than not now and have been wondering what the heck I am doing wrong. My pharmacist says my brand of generic prozac is gluten free so its not that. I've had some wonderful suggestions on herbal rememdies so I plan to try those but was wondering if anyone else had a problem with prozac. Thanks in advance!

Kathy

Gluten free 3/08

Negative blood work/positive endoscopy

Fructose Malabsorption

Soy free

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

http://www.glutenfreedrugs.com/list.htm

Prozac is on this listing.

I have had to remind myself that all ills are not gluten related. Perhaps it's something else.

You are so right. I am one of those people that wear themselves out trying to be a detective on everything. We did have the stomach flu here and I only had the D instead of vomiting too like everyone else so it could be that slowly working out of my system. I was also worrying about my rum and diet cokes, I have a couple on most nights or my red wine. Don't want to give those up ;) I will try to wean myself off prozac and try herbal because I like to be as natural as possible. I did a search and prozac helps ibs people with Constipation so maybe its not my cause but since I'm primarily D then maybe its keeping me too loose.

Kathy

Gluten free 3/08

Fructose Malabsorption

Soy free

It's been several years, but when I was on prozac it gave me really loose stools.

I found a research study where prozac was inserted in guinea pig colons and it literally shot through their system! If they were given too much, they had severe constipation. This was a research study for ibs, so they explained that this could be why some people have diarreah with prozac. I only take 10 mg so not even full dose. As momma goose said, it could be something else so I'm gonna wean myself off prozac but keep sticking to my food diary. Thanks for your input.

Kathy

Gluten free 3/08

Fructose Malabsorption

Soy free