Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SharonF

Hershey's Hugs

The lady on the phone at Hershey's assured me that since wheat is one of the 8 major protein allergens, it would be listed on the label if it were in Hershey's Hugs--which it is not.

Something in the labelling was suspect, though. Do any of you know for sure if Hugs are gluten-free? They were one of my favorites, pre-diagnosis.

(On a different topic, it was nice to finally figure out why Hershey's cookies 'n' creme made me sick.)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I actually live about 1 hour from Hershey, PA, so chocolate in our area is very abundant. I was advised by another mother that had children with celiac that Hershey Hugs were NOT gluten free.

Hope this helps.

Mom 2 2

Hmm....I didn't think they were gluten-free...the Hershey's kisses are gluten-free, the normal Hershey's chocolate bar is gluten-free...I might be wrong and I haven't checked officially, but I thought that they contained gluten....

I got a gluten-free list from Hersheys sent to me and it says the the Hershey's kisses, Hershey's milk chocolate bar, and the Hershey's milk chocolate bar with almonds are gluten-free. The hugs were not included in the list I received.

Hershey's general statement on this paper is: check label: gluten will be listed as wheat, rye, barley, and oats.

Hope this helps and if anybody knows anything different let me know:)

;) i truly feel that many of these companies are putting a cover policy out so as not to be sued--its going to be up to our individual judgment and asking each other in here to try and figure out what we can and cant have---we live in a sue happy society and although i dont like that the companies are doing this to us, i can understand why--not fair, but it's the american way---- :( deb