Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wild fisher

Reaction From Sex?

:o I think this is a stretch but has anyone had any symptoms after having sex with a non gluten free partner? I've been seeing my boyfriend since May of this year. Everything was going great but last month it seemed like i was being glutened the whole month. My stomach was swollen and painfull the whole month and not to mention the watery itchy bumps i used to get on the palms of my hands are back. I will admit to cheating on foods from time to time but honestly i didn't cheat last month. I'm wondering if his fluids are what is bothering my system. :o

Kris

Diagnosed April 06

Kris

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Yeah, I think it's a stretch. ;)

You might want to revisit your cheating.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Is he brushing/flossing before you start swapping spit? (Sorry, I know that's blunt, but then so is what you asked! ;) )

You might also want to investigate any toiletries he uses.

Dx Celiac 08/22/08

Iron Deficient Anemia / Blood Clotting Disorder / Severe Vit D Deficiency / Low Cortisol / Progesterone/Testosterone Deficient

Persisting Sx: bouts of extreme fatigue, dry itchy skin, dry gritty eyes, bouts of brain fog and terrible short term memory, hair loss, hypoglycemic tendencies, low body temps, low BP, cold hands and feet

UPDATE: Began BHRT 9/22/10 and it made a world of difference, for about 2 weeks. Hair loss stopped almost completely, energy levels way up and felt 19 again! Going back for a booster this week....

I dont think it is a stretch if he eats gluten and then you kiss him. New relationships often involve A LOT of kissing. :) He could also be using toiletries with oats/gluten that you lick off.....not trying to be crude.....but if it is done right......this could happen. ;)

GLUTEN FREE 4/4/08. LEGUME/SOY FREE 5/15/08. YEAST FREE. CORN FREE. GRAIN FREE. DAIRY FREE. I am eating all meats, eggs, veggies, fruits, squash, nuts and seeds. I just keep getting better every day. :)

Do not let any of the advice given here substitute for good medical care. Let this forum be a catalyst for research. Find support for any post in here before you believe it to be true. Arm yourself with knowledge. Let your doctor be your assistant. Listen to their advice, but follow your own instincts as well. Miracles are within your reach. You can heal!

New relationships often involve A LOT of kissing. :)

Well, maybe it's a stretch for my OLD relationship. :P

Lisa

....but if it is done right......this could happen. ;)

:blink: Where is the manual?

Lisa

<in a whisper> . . . I'll explain later, Lisa . . . :lol::lol:

If at any point ya need a flowchart, I'm yer gal....... . . . . ... :lol:

Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973

diagnosed celiac winter 2005

diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! 253.gif

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.

--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

Hmmm, are gluten eaters better in bed or something? I got no experience with that I'm afraid. Such a sad tail. Have you checked with your doctor though? Could also just be a coincidence of timing with some other ugly bugly disease.

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."

Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.

Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, eggplant, celery, strawberries, pistachios, and hard work. Have a good day! 🙂 Paul

Seems pretty simple to me, have you tried condoms to see if your reaction stops? B)

stop making me giggle

Collette

Positive Bloodwork Oct 1st 2007. Gluten-free 3 YEARS Oct 1st!

Dairy & Soy free since Dec 1st 2007.

Potato free since January 3rd 2008.

Remaining Nightshades since April 1st 2008. Back on September 2010. :)

Developed Rice & Tapioca & Corn Intolerances...

NO Carageenan.

In a constant state of evolution... sending love! :)

Seems to me there was a story last year about a college girl w/a peanut allergy who died when her boyfriend, who had eaten a peanut butter cup or something earlier, kissed her. (Poor kids!!)

My husband still eats gluten, usually away from home, and I must admit I'm wondering whether the toothbrushing/rinsing/facewashing is enough to keep me safe.

Thanks for the responses :lol: i love the sense of humor. I laughed out loud and i'm at work. Yes, I think gluten eating men are better in bed ! :D

NOT true!

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

DH eats gluten away from home.....and he's pretty good. ;) But I cannot compare as I have never been with a gluten free guy. :P

GLUTEN FREE 4/4/08. LEGUME/SOY FREE 5/15/08. YEAST FREE. CORN FREE. GRAIN FREE. DAIRY FREE. I am eating all meats, eggs, veggies, fruits, squash, nuts and seeds. I just keep getting better every day. :)

Do not let any of the advice given here substitute for good medical care. Let this forum be a catalyst for research. Find support for any post in here before you believe it to be true. Arm yourself with knowledge. Let your doctor be your assistant. Listen to their advice, but follow your own instincts as well. Miracles are within your reach. You can heal!

Seems to me there was a story last year about a college girl w/a peanut allergy who died when her boyfriend, who had eaten a peanut butter cup or something earlier, kissed her. (Poor kids!!)

I think that peanut kiss story turned out to be wrong (unless there were multiple cases). I found this story online:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?.../i090214D76.DTL

I think we need a poll here! :rolleyes:

Okay, for this I have valuable experience.......DH was not diagnosed with celiac until last summer - -therefore, I knew him (in the biblical sense :lol: ) for eighteen years as a gluten-eater, and for the past year as a gluten-free performer.

No difference. Great both ways........ :ph34r::D

Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973

diagnosed celiac winter 2005

diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! 253.gif

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.

--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

I think that peanut kiss story turned out to be wrong (unless there were multiple cases). I found this story online:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?.../i090214D76.DTL

Boy, thanks for sharing that!! I never heard the follow up. But I especially appreciated this part:

"A recent study shows at the end of an hour, there is no allergen left in the saliva."

Good news!!

Hahahahahahaha...you alll are hillarious...Love it.... =)

Rebecca

Gluten Free for 3 years.

An Aunt came to me and told me she Celiac Disease. (Had not spoken to her in 8 years) She said I should be tested and I did, however I had never heard of it before then.

I suffered with severe depression since 14. Took two kinds of meds that didnt help me at alll. After Celiac, I take no meds at all and feel great.

I am a new woman and life has changed. :)