This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Mango, Shrimp & Coconut Springrolls

sickchick

sickchick Community Regular

Gluten Soy Dairy & Nightshade Free

1 tb sesame oil

1 tb lime juice

10 spigs fresh cilantro, minced

4 tb sweetened coconut

1 mango, seeded, peeled and chopped

1 can baby corn, cut into chunks

1/2 cup pea pods

1 cup baby shrimp

1 fresh garlic clove, minced

1 ts fresh grated ginger

kosher or sea salt to taste

8 spring roll wrappers (rice or tapioca-up to you)

In a large mixing bowl add all ingredients, stir well. Set aside

Turn on tap (water) to warm temp and let run, and use your favorite cutting board to assemble rolls. Hold 1 wrap under running water, making sure you get front and back, hold under for about 30 seconds, until it starts to soften, then place flat on cutting board surface. Spoon filling across middle about 2 inches thick, then wrap sides over, bottom up and fold over.

Repeat.

Serves 4. :)

lovelove

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

dksart Apprentice

These sound insane! I am nuts for spring rolls. I usually make the Vietnamese kind with vermicelli noodles inside.

I will try this, but leave out the corn and sub basil and mint from my garden for the (yuk!) cilantro. Maybe I'll even whip up some peanut sauce for dipping.

casnco Enthusiast

Gluten Soy Dairy & Nightshade Free

1 tb sesame oil

1 tb lime juice

10 spigs fresh cilantro, minced

4 tb sweetened coconut

1 mango, seeded, peeled and chopped

1 can baby corn, cut into chunks

1/2 cup pea pods

1 cup baby shrimp

1 fresh garlic clove, minced

1 ts fresh grated ginger

kosher or sea salt to taste

8 spring roll wrappers (rice or tapioca-up to you)

In a large mixing bowl add all ingredients, stir well. Set aside

Turn on tap (water) to warm temp and let run, and use your favorite cutting board to assemble rolls. Hold 1 wrap under running water, making sure you get front and back, hold under for about 30 seconds, until it starts to soften, then place flat on cutting board surface. Spoon filling across middle about 2 inches thick, then wrap sides over, bottom up and fold over.

Repeat.

Serves 4. :)

lovelove

These sound great! Do you buy The spring roll wrappers or do you make them? And my next question would be where do you buy them?/ Or How do you make them?

dksart Apprentice

Asian markets. I have found rice, tapioca and a combination of both wrappers there. Be careful not to get one with wheat added.

purple Community Regular

Sounds so good...mmm. I've got to get to the Asian Market (never been) to find those wrappers and such.

Open Original Shared Link

here's a pic! B)

I get my wrappers @ asian market sometimes grocery.

I have Banh Trang brand here that I am using... it's about 8" across.

good luck! :):):)

• 4 weeks later...
MNBeth Explorer
I have Banh Trang brand here that I am using... it's about 8" across.

I know I'm well behind the 8-ball, here, but I thought I'd mention - Banh Trang is Vietnamese for rice paper; it's not a brand. I would guess that there would be many brands, therefore, that say that. The ones I picked up this morning say BANH TRANG across the top, and Double Parrot (the brand name, I think) over on the left side. I've been checking archives this morning to make sure they're safe. :-)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Salem Rookie

oh my gosh! that sounds so good. Thank you!

lizard00 Enthusiast

those sound sooo good!! i am a sucker for spring rolls.

what would we do without you collette? i have searched your recipes many times!!

crunchy-mama Apprentice

those look so good! I wish I hadn't forgot to get spring rolls while I was in St LOuis!!

casnco Enthusiast
I know I'm well behind the 8-ball, here, but I thought I'd mention - Banh Trang is Vietnamese for rice paper; it's not a brand. I would guess that there would be many brands, therefore, that say that. The ones I picked up this morning say BANH TRANG across the top, and Double Parrot (the brand name, I think) over on the left side. I've been checking archives this morning to make sure they're safe. :-)

Did you find these in a large chain store or a specialtystore?

Mtndog Collaborator

I can't wait to make these! Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You betcha Beverly! B)

thank you, thank you a nd thank you again everybody :D

Archived