• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Katester

Halloween Party Menu

Rate this topic

I'm having a Halloween party on the 31st and I'm a little stuck on a menu.

So far I have:

Sloppy Joe's (in crock-pot)-not gluten-free

Taffy Apple Salad

Puppy Chow

Candy Corn

Cupcakes

I would like another entree that is gluten-free and meat free-(some kind of salad maybe?) and another side/appetizer. Does anyone have any inexpensive, delicious, easy dish ideas to feed a lot of people? Please keep in mind this is for 15-16 year old kids. Thanks for any suggestions!!!

Instead of (not gluten free) sloppy joes, how about a crock pot full of taco meat? You can use it for tacos or nachos and have the fixin's with beans and tomatos and onions, cheese (shredded or melted/dip) and such then they can fix it with or without meat and a side of spanish rice or something like that.

. . . and I would like to take a gander at what taffy apple salad is . . . hint, hint . . . :P

If you're looking for Halloween themed recipes, here are a few of my fav's (my kids like them, so I'm sure teenagers would too....)

freaky eyeball appitizer

http://www.bhg.com/recipe/appetizers-snack...d-eye-specials/

snake eyes--sub liqueur for almond extract

http://www.bhg.com/recipe/appetizers-snacks/snake-eyes/

sweet spread/fruit dip (really yummy!!)-served in hollowed pumpkin would be cute

http://www.bhg.com/recipe/cheese/pumpkin-c...-cheese-spread/

smores-use gluten-free cookies-pretty quick to assemble a bunch of them, don't have to be served warm, can sit for a while

http://www.bhg.com/recipe/appetizers-snack...er-easy-smores/

Actually, my 17th bday is on halloween, and i'm having a party too! For dinner, we are going out for chinese (the local chinese restaurant owner is really nice and makes special food for me), but I was also considering doing gluten-free lasagna, vegetarian in your case. Or, even easier, do baked ziti. But here are snack thoughts:

-chips- tortilla/potato

-popcorn/popcorn balls if you're adventurous

-cake, of course

-gluten-free cookies

I'm not making the Sloppy Joe's gluten-free on purpose. I'm a vegetarian so I won't be eating them anyways. None of the food will be in the house. I don't mind clean-up and everything. My family and I have just decided not to make them gluten-free. Thanks for the suggestions. Any others would be helpful too!

I made the Pumpkin Cream Cheese spread/dip that Rachelle posted/linked above for a class tonight. Everyone loved it and requested the recipe. I highly recommend it! I served it with apple slices, Mi-Del ginger snaps, pretzels, and graham cracker dippers (it wasn't a gluten-free gathering).

I made the Pumpkin Cream Cheese spread/dip that Rachelle posted/linked above for a class tonight. Everyone loved it and requested the recipe. I highly recommend it! I served it with apple slices, Mi-Del ginger snaps, pretzels, and graham cracker dippers (it wasn't a gluten-free gathering).

I'm so glad you liked it!! I'm going to make it again for my son's playdate tomorrow. I will give my kids the option to try it on their "spiderweb" pancakes tomorrow too!