Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jknnej

Dumb Question About Tea

Are teas gluten-free? I have the worst sore throat and since going gluten-free I haven't researched tea. Hot tea, that is, like Lipton or Echinacea tea.

ANY hot tea will do...please tell!!!! and quick!

Thanks, Jenn

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Lipton will not hide anything. Celestial Seasonings will say on the package if they are gluten-free or not. Hope this helps and feel better soon :D

Do you know if plain Lipton tea is gluten-free? Or what kind of Celestial Seasonings is gluten-free?

Thank you, by the way. I can't even talk right now and I miss tea so much!

I don't use lipton tea much but if it has gluten in it then it will say in the form of wheat,rye,barley,oats. I use these celestial seasonings teas all the time :

Tuscany Orange Spice

Green Tea

Perfectly Pear White Tea

Imperial White Peach White Tea

Honey Peach Ginger

Sleepytime

Tummy Mint

True Blueberry

Original Indian Spice

Country Peach Passion

Rasberry Zinger

Chamomile

These are just what I have and there are more that are gluten free...on the bottom of the boxes they will say gluten free if they are gluten free. So just look on the bottom and see.

Good Earth teas are gluten free. I emailed the company and got a response from them last week. Since then I saw they were also listed on a few gluten-free food lists. They have a great tea for colds, it has eucalyptus in it - great for coughs, too.

Also, I believe all the Yogi Tea line is gluten-free.

I have been drinking Peet's Jasmine green tea every morning for ages. No problems with it.

Stephanie