Nadia2009

My Symptoms While Being Gluten Free

Rate this topic

Hi everyone,

I am staying away from gluten and the last time I had it was pizza and I felt sick. Tired, sleepy needed more hours of sleep and I am not sure but I may have had some diggestive issues that I can't remember. I also had a congested nose and more cold like symptoms and difficulty breating. Then, I felt better and I am now getting no gluten from anywhere but my cold like symptoms and allergies stay with me. I wonder if it is not dairy that is making me sick.

Could you tell me what are your symptoms if you are allergic to Casein? I just had ice cream and right away started having tears in my eyes, sneezing and my nose got congested instantly! :o

What are the difference of symptoms between allergies to casein and lactose intolerance?

Thanks.

Hi everyone,

I am staying away from gluten and the last time I had it was pizza and I felt sick. Tired, sleepy needed more hours of sleep and I am not sure but I may have had some diggestive issues that I can't remember. I also had a congested nose and more cold like symptoms and difficulty breating. Then, I felt better and I am now getting no gluten from anywhere but my cold like symptoms and allergies stay with me. I wonder if it is not dairy that is making me sick.

Could you tell me what are your symptoms if you are allergic to Casein? I just had ice cream and right away started having tears in my eyes, sneezing and my nose got congested instantly! :o

What are the difference of symptoms between allergies to casein and lactose intolerance?

Thanks.

Lactose intolerance is pretty hard to miss, as you are running to the bathroom within 20 minutes of eating the pizza (or lasagna or spaghetti, etc.) with explosive diarrhea which lasts for another 20 minutes. It's also completely taken care of with Lactaid, though you may have to take more than one. Casein intolerance/ sensitivity/ allergy is something I'm concerned about as well. I'm going to be giving up dairy pretty shortly (like when the current crop of groceries is gone). The symptoms I'm still experiencing gluten free include gas, pressure, rumblings around the intestines, and loose stools. Unfortunately, Lactaid isn't helping with these.

Here's the, ah, poop from the Mayo Clinic: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/milk-alle...ECTION=symptoms

I get nasal congestion, post nasal drip and sometimes sinus infections from eating dairy. I also get horrible constipation from it. In general, I don't feel good when I eat dairy.

OMG I forgot about this thread. Sorry The Fluffy and Nancym. Thanks for the replies.

Nancym, I am learning that post nasal drip and sinus infections can be due to candida. So, I am declaring a war with candida and gathered all info on what can help me with. There is a easy test you can do yourself to know if you have candida.