Eric_C

Bi-aglut Pasta - Fantastic!

Rate this topic

We used to buy Deboles but when I was at the Celiac bakery the other day they had it so we tried it.

Absolutely awesome. Deboles Rice pasta worked and was edible but was always lacking that true pasta taste. We hated their corn pasta but this Bi-Aglut is incredible.

Its corn based but tastes almost the same as real pasta, there is some flavor missing but its minor, and the biggest thing is, zero after taste.

A lot of good gluten-free foods taste great at the first bite then leave an aftertaste. I could serve this to anyone and they'd never know. A light golden color and when your done cooking sitting side by side with wheat pasta you'd never know.

Its thick, doesn't get sticky, has an identical texture, the outside doesn't get mushy.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones only having to be gluten-free the past three years because gluten-free foods have come so far.

The only thing I'm issing is Perogi's and I spoke with the local bakery about them. They have a flat potato based tortilla that we make Quesadilla's out of, when cooked with butter they taste a lot like Perogi dough so hopefully I can get her to make some up or sell me the dough unflattened and uncooked.

We just tried the Spaghetti but will try the rest this week.

Its a European product but had a Heinz sticker on it so I suspect they will start distributing it here.

Highly recommended.

We used to buy Deboles but when I was at the Celiac bakery the other day they had it so we tried it.

Absolutely awesome. Deboles Rice pasta worked and was edible but was always lacking that true pasta taste. We hated their corn pasta but this Bi-Aglut is incredible.

Its corn based but tastes almost the same as real pasta, there is some flavor missing but its minor, and the biggest thing is, zero after taste.

A lot of good gluten-free foods taste great at the first bite then leave an aftertaste. I could serve this to anyone and they'd never know. A light golden color and when your done cooking sitting side by side with wheat pasta you'd never know.

Its thick, doesn't get sticky, has an identical texture, the outside doesn't get mushy.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones only having to be gluten-free the past three years because gluten-free foods have come so far.

The only thing I'm issing is Perogi's and I spoke with the local bakery about them. They have a flat potato based tortilla that we make Quesadilla's out of, when cooked with butter they taste a lot like Perogi dough so hopefully I can get her to make some up or sell me the dough unflattened and uncooked.

We just tried the Spaghetti but will try the rest this week.

Its a European product but had a Heinz sticker on it so I suspect they will start distributing it here.

Highly recommended.

I would agree with you on this! After having the Bi-Aglut, there aren't many others I can tolerate, as far as taste goes. It also holds up well if used in a casserole in the oven.....doesn't get all mushy and fall apart. It is very expensive but if you want true pasta flavor, Bi-Aglut is it.

I think the secret is they use lupini bean flour in the recipe and that is a high protein flour so it mimics the gluten texture. It can be purchased on-line from various gluten-free food websites but I found an Italian importer in NY state who I purchase it from. Good stuff!

Oh....and they also make lasagne noodles! My non-Celiac husband loves it also, so that shows you how good it is!

Bi-Aglut is the best gluten-free pasta I've tried and I've tried most of them. I buy it by the case when I can. Costly, yes, but well worth it.

Bi Aglut pasta is the only one we use. It is almost normal pasta. We wouldn't use anything else. In fact everything in their range is awesome. I like the cracker toasts and have them every day. Latest fad is to put butter on them and dark choc bits... Tastes yummy :D

Just the other day my DD16 mentioned that she really missed pierogies. I told her that I would make her some, but she whined and said that wasn't the same. So...a little research later and I came up with this company from a blog and here is their reply.

From: Miller's Gluten Free Bread Co. llc <gfbreadco99@optonline.net>

Sent: Thu, Sep 17, 2009 7:07 pm

Subject: RE: Contact Us Requested

The pierogies will be returning to our menu in mid to late October. You can

check back then or we can email you when we add them to the online store.

Thank you,

Tom Miller

Miller's Gluten Free

140 Main St

Butler NJ 07405

973-291-8190

There is also a brand called Conte.

Are all of you outside the US? I thought Bi-aglut was not sold in the US anymore? If you know of a place / website to get it in the US please advise.

Are all of you outside the US? I thought Bi-aglut was not sold in the US anymore? If you know of a place / website to get it in the US please advise.

It's back! Check your favorite online gluten-free stores or here:

http://www.quattrobimbi.com/

I've tried a few Italian gluten-free pastas and they've all been very, very good. My husband's coworker recently brought some back for me by Farmo. I haven't tried it yet. I posted not too long ago about a place in Cleveland that sells Italian gluten-free pasta by Le Veneziane. It was much less that the other brands I've bought at only $3.99(!) for 9 ounces. We had their fettucini last week and wow, it was delicious and cooked up perfectly. I'm planing on buying a case when I go back.

I've tried a few Italian gluten-free pastas and they've all been very, very good. My husband's coworker recently brought some back for me by Farmo. I haven't tried it yet. I posted not too long ago about a place in Cleveland that sells Italian gluten-free pasta by Le Veneziane. It was much less that the other brands I've bought at only $3.99(!) for 9 ounces. We had their fettucini last week and wow, it was delicious and cooked up perfectly. I'm planing on buying a case when I go back.

When I purchased my Bi-Aglut from the Italian importer, the Le Veneziane brand was another one he recommended and said some customers actually prefer that one over Bi-Aglut. It must be pretty good pasta to make that claim! :lol: All I know is thank God for the Italians and their gift of good gluten-free pasta making!

Unless I'm in a jam and have run out Bi-Aglut and Le Veneziane are the only pasta I will eat. (Tinyada if I'm out of both). They are delicious & can't be beat.

Conte's makes wonderful gluten free pierogies.

http://www.contespasta.com/

I posted about this site earlier today. Once done I ordered from the site, 34 items. It was shipped out by 2 pm and is on it's way to my house. They get an 'A' for fast service. I think I'll make lasagna first!

Hoping that FedEx driver drives all night from NJ to WI!

What do you think of Schar brand compared to them?

My tastes have changed so much over the past year of being gluten free that I keep going back to some of the original posts that I've done about Bread on Amazon and think, "Wow, I thought that was the best bread ever???!!" :P

Love Schar too. I'll do a taste test as soon as my pasta arrives.

My pasta was in Chicago at midnight. It's only a 7 hour drive from me so where are they? Taking a break while I'm dreaming of pasta dinners?

It's back! Check your favorite online gluten-free stores or here:

http://www.quattrobimbi.com/

This is the place I order from and they are fantastic! Talk about instant gratification!

What do you think of Schar brand compared to them?

My tastes have changed so much over the past year of being gluten free that I keep going back to some of the original posts that I've done about Bread on Amazon and think, "Wow, I thought that was the best bread ever???!!" :P

Haha! I do the same thing.

Pasta arrived at 5:07 p.m.! I know the exact time because I was just driving home in the pouring rain when I saw the FedEx truck in my driveway. I was franticly pushing my garage door opener hoping he wouldn't leave with my package. He didn't, he was busy wrapping it in plastic so he could leave it on the porch. Instead he carried into the garage and right to the door for me.

Now off to have pasta dinner.