This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Breast Tenderness

Becci

Becci Enthusiast

Well I have no idea if this is from my Celiac or not. A week ago, I started getting Severely tender breasts that can be sore to the touch... I haven't gotten any gluten, so I haven't though to connect it with my Celiac...

Is there a chance it could be a later symptom?

I don't know if it is a possibility or not.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tarnalberry Community Regular

is there *any* chance you're pregnant? this is a very common 'first symptom' of pregnancy.

TrillumHunter Enthusiast

Yep, that would be my first thought as well.

laurelfla Enthusiast

Or an unfortunate side effect of the Pill, if you're on that.

ohsotired Enthusiast

Or a sign of estrogen dominance.

I used to get this a few days before my period starting. Now, it seems to start a solid two weeks prior. :angry:

I have recently been found to be progesterone and testosterone deficient.

Might want to have hormones checked.

TrillumHunter Enthusiast

So we all think it's hormonal. But if you've been "exposed" within the last four weeks, a pregnancy test is the quickest and cheapest thing to check first.

If you aren't, you can pursue the other things.

DingoGirl Enthusiast
I used to get this a few days before my period starting. Now, it seems to start a solid two weeks prior. :angry:

I have recently been found to be progesterone and testosterone deficient.

:huh:

what???

I ALWAYS have very tender breasts two weeks before period - sometimes it is extremely SEVERE - and there is NO chance I'm pregnant. <_< (haven't dated for nearly 1.5 years)

What does this mean? I know it's not gluten-related......do I need hormones checked? I'm sure I do......but my doctor is completely WORTHLESS. :angry:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ohsotired Enthusiast

If you can get your doc to test hormones (or find a doc that will), it would be worth it to have them checked out.

The chiropractor that I work for said this:

If your hormones are perfectly balanced, you shouldn't have ANY PMS symptoms at all.

Now I don't know that I believe that I'd have NO PMS symptoms if everything was perfectly balanced, but I certainly DO believe that my PMS symptoms would be less extreme. Unfortunately, I have other things going on in addition to the progesterone/testosterone deficiencies that need some serious attention also.

Eric-C Enthusiast

My wife gets this.

Caffeine is the cause.

Doc told her its a common thing in women.

Becci Enthusiast

Well, as of the day before yesterday I am two and a half weeks late for my period.

I am on the pill, and my doctor did a pg test two weeks ago, and it was negative.

But I am never this late, and have never had these problems occuring with my period.

I have been on the pill for two years, so the side effects should be long gone...

And last night I had this weird feeling that something was wrong inside of me. I get itchy skin bad when I lay down sometimes. My muscles tighten up, my skin gets itchy... I usually can sit in the tub with some relaxing bath salts and be okay as soon as I hit the warm water, I am okay and can sleep.

Last night though, everytime I got that weird itch, I could see stuff happening... bad stuff. I mean, from my extra blanket crushing me (this got so bad I threw the blanket off of the bed), to my pillow suffocating my (i threw it off too), to a semi crashing into our house!

I have been having to much of weird body things going on now and I am just worried about whats going on with me!

I have never felt like that before.... and it lasted for HOURS!

What is going on with me?

Becci Enthusiast

And I don't think I mentioned...

When all of that was happening, I was awake... Wide awake, yet I could see it all happening!?

I have never had any kind of problems like that...

And those three things were just the tip of the iceburg of what was scaring me..

I was Freaking out, but trying to calm myself down at the same time....

tarnalberry Community Regular

two and a half weeks ago might have been too long ago for the test to have been accurate. while many women will get an accurate test by the time they're a few days late, not all will. I would consider retesting (even with a home test).

and then work with your gyn a bit more. it's possible that the pill is no longer right for your system, and you may need to try a different brand/dosage/formula. it's possible that it's something else going on physically or mentally.

something is going on hormonally, and it's worth following up on it.

the other thing you're describing could be 'lucid dreaming', where you are actually asleep and dreaming, but aware of it. (this would be the unguided variety of lucid dreaming.) as you suggest that a warm bath before hand helps, you might try other relaxation techniques (breathing, visualization, etc.) to see if you can help the mental process relax a bit more. I don't know a lot about it, and that's the only thing I can think of. hopefully someone else will have another idea! :)

TrillumHunter Enthusiast

I agree with tarnalberry. Really, a pg test is so, so cheap! You can rule out this real possibility very quickly.

Lucid dreams can happen when you're especially stressed. That's the only time I've ever had them. I'm guessing if you are on the pill and thinking you could be pg, that might be a bit stressful.

If you aren't pg, go talk to your dr about the pill you are on. Some do have serious side effects associated with them.

Calm down, take a deep breath and relax. You'll figure this out and be able to make decisions then.

Take care and come back!

jerseyangel Proficient

I agree with the ladies--I'd get a home pregnancy test and check that again first. Those do sound a lot like early pregnancy symptoms......

I always had very sensitive breasts--starting about 2 weeks or so before my period. They would even hurt walking down the stairs. I also have fibrocystic breasts, and cutting down on caffeine does help with that.

What you're experiencing has something to do with your hormones, that's pretty clear. Please do work closely with your doctor to figure out what's going on--I was extremely sensitive to estrogen and only after my surgically induced menopause (and using no HRT) did I get relief. I wish I had looked into it further years ago. :)

Could you be experiencing some anxiety about the whole situation, and that is affecting your sleep?

Becci Enthusiast

Well, it isn't pregnancy... I had the, uh, natural pregnancy test come along finally..

So, I will consider changing pills..

Does anyone know another gluten-free brand?

Ahorsesoul Enthusiast

It could be you lifted something, bumped into something or is just a sore breast for unknown reasons. I get breast pain once in awhile. It's never been anything that didn't go away. I did get it checked by doctors, had ultrasounds and extra pressure mammograms that all showed nothing but caused more pain than the sore breast.

Archived