Diana 2

Test Results For Celiac

Rate this topic

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I had a blood test (TISSUE TRANSGLUTAMINASE IGA) and my results were 1.62<0.90- Index. The doctrs said I had Celiac, so they did a biopsy and it showed no damage. Now they say I am NOT celiac. I have been on a gluten free diet for a month. I had the blood test on gluten, the biopsy being gluten free for a month. So any suggestions where I go now? I have all the typical symptoms, bloating all the time, constapation, pain.

Thank you for any suggestions you might have for me.

Diana :)

There are almost never false positive blood tests. Your endo was negative because you were off gluten. Doctors can't believe that they don't "see" If you feel better off gluten, combined with a postive blood test, you have your answer!

There are almost never false positive blood tests. Your endo was negative because you were off gluten. Doctors can't believe that they don't "see" If you feel better off gluten, combined with a postive blood test, you have your answer!

Thank you for your response. I will go with your suggestion. Have a good Thanksgiving minus the "gluten"

You too! Feel well!

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I had a blood test (TISSUE TRANSGLUTAMINASE IGA) and my results were 1.62<0.90- Index. The doctrs said I had Celiac, so they did a biopsy and it showed no damage. Now they say I am NOT celiac. I have been on a gluten free diet for a month. I had the blood test on gluten, the biopsy being gluten free for a month. So any suggestions where I go now? I have all the typical symptoms, bloating all the time, constapation, pain.

Thank you for any suggestions you might have for me.

Diana :)

How many biopsies did the doc take? There are 22 ft of small intestine, so it's more likely that he missed it than that you were completely healed (in one month's time). Did you start to see results with the gluten-free diet? If so, then you have your answer. While tTG is pretty specific to celiac, it can occasionally be indicative of other things, so just pay extra attention to your symptoms to make sure you are pursuing the right path of treatment.

Welcome to the forum!!