RubyRoses17

I'm Not Really Sure What Is Wrong.

Rate this topic

Ok, I posted a post a couple days ago saying I was going to eat gluten again so I can get tested. I did NOT eat gluten, but I still wonder if I really have a problem with it. My only symptoms when I was eating gluten was bad pain in my intestine and nausea. Ever since I have been off the gluten I have had a lot of headaches, fatigue, and lack of energy which I NEVER had before I stopped eating it. When I would go to the doctors they could never figure out what was wrong. I was on a 2 week completely milk free diet and I even took prescribed antacids, but nothing worked. I stopped eating gluten in June 2008 and I did feel a lot better, but of course that meant I stopped eating greasy fried processed foods. I remember before I ever went gluten free I would eat Subway and it never made me sick. Then back in April 2009 I ate the gluten again and I was symptom free until I ate greasy and fried chicken at Friendly's. I got sick when I ate Friendly's, but it went away after 2 hours or less. Based on the symptoms I had when I was eating gluten does it sound like I could have gluten intolerance or does it sound like maybe I just had a big problem eating greasy and processed foods? Even now when I eat greasy hamburgers and french fries I get sick in my intestine area and get nauseated, but it's not as bad as it used to be because I don't eat it as much. Any help on what I should do would be appreciated.

Have you had your gallbladder checked?

Have you had your gallbladder checked?

Hi Wolicki. Nope, I don't believe I have ever had my gallbladder checked. Maybe I should though because gall stones do run in the family.

Ok, I posted a post a couple days ago saying I was going to eat gluten again so I can get tested. I did NOT eat gluten, but I still wonder if I really have a problem with it. My only symptoms when I was eating gluten was bad pain in my intestine and nausea. Ever since I have been off the gluten I have had a lot of headaches, fatigue, and lack of energy which I NEVER had before I stopped eating it. When I would go to the doctors they could never figure out what was wrong. I was on a 2 week completely milk free diet and I even took prescribed antacids, but nothing worked. I stopped eating gluten in June 2008 and I did feel a lot better, but of course that meant I stopped eating greasy fried processed foods. I remember before I ever went gluten free I would eat Subway and it never made me sick. Then back in April 2009 I ate the gluten again and I was symptom free until I ate greasy and fried chicken at Friendly's. I got sick when I ate Friendly's, but it went away after 2 hours or less. Based on the symptoms I had when I was eating gluten does it sound like I could have gluten intolerance or does it sound like maybe I just had a big problem eating greasy and processed foods? Even now when I eat greasy hamburgers and french fries I get sick in my intestine area and get nauseated, but it's not as bad as it used to be because I don't eat it as much. Any help on what I should do would be appreciated.

Tomorrow I am going to start eating gluten, but I am only going to eat the organic gluten filled foods except some Christmas Tree snack cakes. I am going to avoid all fried and greasy foods. I actually get hungry when I think about eating gluten, but when I think about eating gluten-free foods I lose my appetite. Please wish me luck everyone! I'll keep you all posted.

I had very similar symptoms when I had gallstones. Foods that really bothered me: pizza, peanut butter, mozzarella cheese, fried foods. Might want to check!

I had very similar symptoms when I had gallstones. Foods that really bothered me: pizza, peanut butter, mozzarella cheese, fried foods. Might want to check!

I'll def get it checked. Well this morning I had a gluten filled Christmas Tree snack cake and a little while after I felt sick, but even when I was eating gluten free food I have felt worse. Then at about 12:00 p.m I hate some food which consisted of a chicken wrap with tortilla chips. I felt better after I ate, so I'm thinking I just got hungry since I felt better after I ate lunch. I kind of forgot that I didn't eat that much yesterday.

Another update: Yesterday I ate 1 Christmas Tree snack cake, some naturally gluten free sour cream with a chicken wrap and tortilla chips, a bowl of vegetable barley soup, and a slice of real bread. Then today I ate almost 2 organic toaster pastries. I am actually feeling A LOT better both physically and mentally than I was when I was eating gluten free. I'm actually hungry and I am in no pain and I'm not nauseated, but when I was eating gluten free food I was still in pain and nauseated. I'm also eating more at once than I was when I was gluten-free. Weird, huh? Fingers crossed that I can eat gluten. For lunch today I'm going to have some organic Amy's frozen mac and cheese, but of course the gluten filled kind. Then for dinner I'm going to eat Subway.

Hi everyone. Well, I have been eating gluten for 3 weeks with NO symptoms. I'm feeling so much better and happier. So it looks like I don't have a problem with gluten. I wish you all the best of luck with everything and happy holidays. :D:)

Hi everyone. Well, I have been eating gluten for 3 weeks with NO symptoms. I'm feeling so much better and happier. So it looks like I don't have a problem with gluten. I wish you all the best of luck with everything and happy holidays. :D:)

Glad you figured it out! Best of health to you :)