Rate this topic

I just started taking extra iron with my morning snack which is an apple with p-nut butter and an orange because it has the vit. C that is recommended you take your iron with for better absorption. The problem is I feel bloated after taking my pill. Does anyone else have this problem or can you recommend a better way of getting my iron? Thanks.

I just started taking extra iron with my morning snack which is an apple with p-nut butter and an orange because it has the vit. C that is recommended you take your iron with for better absorption. The problem is I feel bloated after taking my pill. Does anyone else have this problem or can you recommend a better way of getting my iron? Thanks.

Maybe a liquid Iron or a slow-release iron pill?

Yup - iron can be hard on the stomach. You might try a different maker (sometimes it makes a difference) or smaller doses.

Maybe a liquid Iron or a slow-release iron pill?

I tried several prescription iron supplements and they wrecked my stomach. I quit taking any for a long time. My GI suggested for me to try the SlowFe brand. I have been taking it on and off since Aug. and it does not bother me.

I've taken every kind of prescription and non iron, and all of them wreck my stomach. I gave up and will be getting an iron infusion next week.

I've taken every kind of prescription and non iron, and all of them wreck my stomach. I gave up and will be getting an iron infusion next week.

Have you tried floradix? Its wonderful!

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I will see what I can find.