Wolicki

I Lov Love, Love My New Doctor!

Rate this topic

I went for my second with my new doc, a D.O. Andrew Mlenyek. My visit today was for a pulled groin muscle (ouch!) My first visit was a get to know you and I was very confident with his Celiac knowledge.

I mentioned today that I still have some unidentifed secondary food intolerances,and he whipped out a form to get tested for immuno something (I will post results when I get them) that he thinks will ID the problem. Without begging!

I figured I was on a roll, so I asked him what he thought about my constant itchiness (not DH, just itchy), then he explained that it is just a part of Celiac, and to try Zyrtec for some relief. I am so excited to know that MY doctor knows that many of these weird things are due to Celiac, and not something that is in my head. After 7 other docs thwt knew NOTHING about this, I am just so happy, I had to share!

He's in Huntington Beach and, are you sitting down? He takes HMO's!!! Here's a link to his office :D

http://www.beachfamilydoctors.net/mleynek.html

Sounds great. There are a lot of good ones out there it just takes a little time to find them.

I went for my second with my new doc, a D.O. Andrew Mlenyek. My visit today was for a pulled groin muscle (ouch!) My first visit was a get to know you and I was very confident with his Celiac knowledge.

I mentioned today that I still have some unidentifed secondary food intolerances,and he whipped out a form to get tested for immuno something (I will post results when I get them) that he thinks will ID the problem. Without begging!

I figured I was on a roll, so I asked him what he thought about my constant itchiness (not DH, just itchy), then he explained that it is just a part of Celiac, and to try Zyrtec for some relief. I am so excited to know that MY doctor knows that many of these weird things are due to Celiac, and not something that is in my head. After 7 other docs thwt knew NOTHING about this, I am just so happy, I had to share!

He's in Huntington Beach and, are you sitting down? He takes HMO's!!! Here's a link to his office :D

http://www.beachfamilydoctors.net/mleynek.html

This is an old post so I'm not sure if you will see this but I was wondering if you are still happy with him. I called today and he takes my insurance so I think I want to switch. My doc is clueless about celiac, food intolerance and pretty much anything I ask her about. She wants to refer me to 3 different doctors for my various symptoms and she could care less that my blood tests were positive and that the gluten free diet is helping my symptoms tremendously.

This is an old post so I'm not sure if you will see this but I was wondering if you are still happy with him. I called today and he takes my insurance so I think I want to switch. My doc is clueless about celiac, food intolerance and pretty much anything I ask her about. She wants to refer me to 3 different doctors for my various symptoms and she could care less that my blood tests were positive and that the gluten free diet is helping my symptoms tremendously.

I just sent you an email. Another thing about him that I love is that he doesn't refer out unless it's a huge problem :D

I can't wait to see him! Thanks!

I'm in Orange County too, but North County. I see Dr. Savalia in Yorba Linda as my family doctor. The second I mentioned Celiac, she ordered blood tests and referred me to a gastroenterologist (Dr Jemal in Yorba Linda). Admittedly, she didn't put the years of weird symptoms together to come up with celiac, but for most of the time I was an overly stressed law student with a terrible diet... is it any wonder I had headaches and stomach aches and heartburn? I think that describes most students studying for the bar living on beer and pizza.