amberlynn

This Is So Odd... But My Rash Went Away And Came Back

Rate this topic

I have had this red rash my ENTIRE life. I can see it in the pictures from when I was younger. Not so much as an infant, but you can see it as I age...

It doesn't itch. It's not bothersome at all, except for the fact that its really, really noticable.

It's a red, bumpy acne looking rash on my arms and legs. My chest and battle scarred tummy have escaped it. A derm once told me it was acne, and gave me a harsh antibiotic to clear it up - all it managed to do was make me REALLY sick...

Now, my arms were CLEAR last week. Til I got glutened over the weekend. I had NEVER seen my arms completely clear! This rash is so unsightly, and noticable, that I would never wear shorts or tank tops, etc... I so welcomed having it gone :( .

Can this be related to Celiac?? I'm really starting to think I should have gotten a diagnosis for sure... not gonna happen now, but whatever. I'm just curious if anyone else has experience this, and if its just one more clue to my puzzle!

I so can't wait to win the lottery and get the genetic test done, lol ;).

The rash could be dermatitis herpetiformis (DH). There is a whole section of the board for it. DH is a skin condition that some people with celiac develop.

From what I read though, DH is itchy and turns to scabs... mine is neither. It stays in the same condition all the time. It doesn't look like any of the DH pics I've seen either. Though, when glutened, my son gets a much larger scale of this that also doesn't seem to bother him.

Thankfully, its looking better this morning. I can tell its starting to leave my system (the gluten), b/c my head is clearer and the nausea is gone ;). So bizarre!

Have you researched keratosis pilaris? My mom gets something similar to what you are describing and that is what her derm told her she had.

Yup, thanks, thats what it looks like!

I wonder why its coming an going... I always put moisturizer on after my shower, and its never changed. My body is so weird sometimes, lol :)

Thank you!

Yup, thanks, thats what it looks like!

I wonder why its coming an going... I always put moisturizer on after my shower, and its never changed. My body is so weird sometimes, lol :)

Thank you!