CGally81

Mild H. Pylori?

Rate this topic

It was suggested in another topic that a part of my constant hunger might not just be my body screaming for nutrients, but also an h. pylori infection.

Now, here's what I experience. Frequent hunger (i.e. lose energy, can't focus, blood sugar goes down, etc.), rumbles in my front, and left side. Sometimes I get the rumbles as soon as I *start* eating or drinking. No stomach pain though. The rumbles seem to recede if I eat a LOT.

It has been worse in the past though. I used to feel the rumble in the front of my body like every few minutes or so. Now it's not even every hour.

Could that be h. plyori, or is that just a normal hunger symptom of celiacs in recovery? If it is h. pylori, would could deal with it? Would yogurt's probiotics help? Anything else?

Or do my lack of issues such as severe pain, nausea, etc. mean that it's likely not h. pylori and can't be helped?

It's an easy test. There's no point in speculating - go get checked.

It's an easy test. There's no point in speculating - go get checked.

I leave for Christmas vacation next Wednesday. How do I get tested? It would be nice to solve this problem before I'm away from home for 10 days.

It's a simple blood test. But being hungry is part of gluten withdrawal symptoms. A lot of people going gluten free have this problem. If you have other stomach symptoms you might want to have it checked. H-p can cause stomach ulcers.

I had the Urea Breath Test to check for ulcers--it's quick and easy and you get the results quickly. A gastroenterologist (actually his nurse) administered mine. I would give your doctor a call--no point in speculating :)

One more time. Go get tested. There are medical treatments.

There's a lag time between when you start eating and when you body realizes you've eaten. So you can continue to feel hungry until your body begins metabolizing the food you're eating which could take up to twenty minutes. Your brain which creates that hungry feeling doesn't get the full message until the nutrients start flooding into the bloodstream. Also consider that you may be dealing with low blood sugar issues which are also common. Learning to eat more balanced meals may help too.

And like someone else pointed out being hungry is a common side effect for some time after going gluten-free. You were literally starving when you were eating gluten. Now, your body is trying to make up for lost time. It's also a good idea to listen to whatever cravings you have now and indulge them. There is usually a good reason why you're craving a certian food; it may supply some nutrient your body knows it desperately needs. Sometimes the body knows better than the brain or the doctor.

It was suggested in another topic that a part of my constant hunger might not just be my body screaming for nutrients, but also an h. pylori infection.

Now, here's what I experience. Frequent hunger (i.e. lose energy, can't focus, blood sugar goes down, etc.), rumbles in my front, and left side. Sometimes I get the rumbles as soon as I *start* eating or drinking. No stomach pain though. The rumbles seem to recede if I eat a LOT.

It has been worse in the past though. I used to feel the rumble in the front of my body like every few minutes or so. Now it's not even every hour.

Could that be h. plyori, or is that just a normal hunger symptom of celiacs in recovery? If it is h. pylori, would could deal with it? Would yogurt's probiotics help? Anything else?

Or do my lack of issues such as severe pain, nausea, etc. mean that it's likely not h. pylori and can't be helped?

One more time. Go get tested. There are medical treatments.

There's a lag time between when you start eating and when you body realizes you've eaten. So you can continue to feel hungry until your body begins metabolizing the food you're eating which could take up to twenty minutes. Your brain which creates that hungry feeling doesn't get the full message until the nutrients start flooding into the bloodstream. Also consider that you may be dealing with low blood sugar issues which are also common. Learning to eat more balanced meals may help too.

And like someone else pointed out being hungry is a common side effect for some time after going gluten-free. You were literally starving when you were eating gluten. Now, your body is trying to make up for lost time. It's also a good idea to listen to whatever cravings you have now and indulge them. There is usually a good reason why you're craving a certian food; it may supply some nutrient your body knows it desperately needs. Sometimes the body knows better than the brain or the doctor.

Who would test me? The endocronologist? I have an appointment with one on January 25 (the earliest I could get!). Are there home remedies for such a thing as well? Someone mentioned putting some baking soda in water and drinking it down.

My doctor said he doesn't think H. pylori causes hunger. I had called to try to make an appointment specifically for that. Maybe I can have him give me an appointment to my gastro and have my gastro test me for H. pylori?

Oh yeah, my hunger seemed to go up very noticably after I tried taking my multivitamin (which is mineral and nutrient-filled) out of my diet in the belief that I was having too much calcium and it was causing headaches (I removed dairy as well). After deciding that the headaches were due to mercury (you're only supposed to eat white albacore tuna once every 9 days; I was eating 2 cans every day), I reintroduced both the multivitamin and a smaller amount of dairy, and am not seeing huge improvements, but small improvements. On the other hand, my boss says that vitamins take about a week to really affect you, or something like that. The frequent headaches are receding. (Though I still get headaches from hunger!)

do a google search. its from low stomach acid. drinking baking soda will neutralize your stomach. take some ACV (apple cider vinegar) or betatine HCL capsules. they increase your bodies acidity and can digest food making it easier on your intenstines and stuff

i'm trying this out. do you get a coated tongue or a bad taste in your mouth?

1/ My doctor said he doesn't think H. pylori causes hunger. I had called to try to make an appointment specifically for that. Maybe I can have him give me an appointment to my gastro and have my gastro test me for H. pylori?

2/ After deciding that the headaches were due to mercury (you're only supposed to eat white albacore tuna once every 9 days; I was eating 2 cans every day)

Don't tell your MD the second one and expect them to take you seriously. Mercury doesn't just leave the body when you stop eating tuna. The reason it is in tuna to start with is that it is a cumulative poison.

The test for h. pylori is not only simple but cheap.

The treatment is either simple & cheap or complex and expensive. The difference being the use or not of Omeprazole.

Quick and cheap treatment but not cure:

Yanaka et al.; Fahey, JW; Fukumoto, A; Nakayama, M; Inoue, S; Zhang, S; Tauchi, M; Suzuki, H et al. (April 2009). "Dietary Sulforaphane-Rich Broccoli Sprouts Reduce Colonization and Attenuate Gastritis in Helicobacter pylori-Infected Mice and Humans". Cancer Prevention Research 2 (4): 353

do a google search. its from low stomach acid. drinking baking soda will neutralize your stomach. take some ACV (apple cider vinegar) or betatine HCL capsules. they increase your bodies acidity and can digest food making it easier on your intenstines and stuff

i'm trying this out. do you get a coated tongue or a bad taste in your mouth?

Coated tongue? I don't think so. Bad taste in my mouth? I somewhat have one now, I think.