lpalmer0919

Bread & Other Things That Don'T Taste Like Cardboard!

Rate this topic

Does anyone know of a brand or type of bread that does not taste like cardboard? This is the one thing that I am having a hard time with is that I am a chef & this No Gluten thing is new to me & somethings I try just taste aweful. It almost make me want to cheat just so I can enjoy things that I love to eat.....Someone please HELP ME!!!

Welcome to the site.

Udi's bread for sandwiches

Against the Grain baguettes for your french bread fix and their rolls for your croissants fix (great pizza crust too)

Schar's table crackers for your saltine fix

Udi's bread, just have to say that again! It is unbelievable.

I'll try this again & hope it doesn't get posted twice! My cat loves to type on here while I'm typing & I'm not sure if the first message actually got posted! Strange kitty here...

You already were given a few good choices. Here are a few more.

Everybody Eats: wonderful to die for baguettes & ficeille rolls

The Grainless Baker: rye bread & so much more

Bertille buns: soft swishy buns & I mean soft & swishy

joans gluten-free great bakes: bagels, eng muffins & more

whole foods: white bread & sun dried tomato. ( We like these breads for grilled cheese, bread pudding, stuffing ....the sun dried toamto with smoked gouda & another cheese makes a yummy grilled sandwich...

Sisters Three: a new baker has a very good white bread mix

pamela's also has a good bread mix

Schar is another mix some like....

hth

mamaw

udis = best gluten free bread ever. It actually tastes like real bread. The loafs are small and pathetic but the bread is great.

udis = best gluten free bread ever. It actually tastes like real bread. The loafs are small and pathetic but the bread is great.

Where do you find Udi's bread????

Does anyone know of a brand or type of bread that does not taste like cardboard? This is the one thing that I am having a hard time with is that I am a chef & this No Gluten thing is new to me & somethings I try just taste aweful. It almost make me want to cheat just so I can enjoy things that I love to eat.....Someone please HELP ME!!!

Yes i do! Bob's Red Mill Homemade Wonderful Bread is truly wonderful! Its soft, its big(even bigger than a loaf of wheat bread), its a lot like white bread, and its easy! It comes in a mix and can be made in a bread maker or the oven. We use the bread maker and after a few minutes we add quinoa flakes, gluten-free oats, sunflower seeds and flax to make it seem even more like wheat bread. Im not kidding, this bread is FABULOUS! heres a pic of the mix: http://www.bobsredmill.com/gluten-free-homemade-wonderful-bread.html

heres a toasted picture: http://www.glutenfreeforgood.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/toast1.jpg

here is a fairly good pic of the loaf: http://www.myfavouritenumber.ca/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/gluten-free-bread.jpg

i highly highly highly highly recommend this bread!

I can't imagine another sandwich without Udi's bread. Enough said. :D

Udi's white bread! You can order online. Their cinnamon rolls are wonderful.

Mark me as another Udi's fan. When I order, I get 6 or 8 loaves. This spreads out the shipping so the cost per loaf is more reasonable Keep it in the freezer. Ten seconds on defrost in the microwave and you have fresh REAL bread.