Roda

Outback Steak House

Rate this topic

The last time I went out to eat was in July. I want to go out to eat with my parents when they come to visit. There is an Outback Steak House near a store they want to go to. What are your experiences with this restaurant?

Our experiences have been great. :)

The worst experience was for carry out when the server put the kid's hamburger bun on the side. She said her aunt had celiac and still wanted the bun on the side. :huh: Don't know what the thinking was there. My husband set het straight. NO BUNS, in with/near gluten free food. Even if your aunt wanted the bread she paid for.

Remember it is a chain place and every every location has a different manager and staff.

Go during a slow time. You can become familiar with the gluten free menu on-line before you go.

We always ask to talk to a manager after we are seated. Most of the time we have had good experiences. It really depends on the Outback. We have eaten at them in different states, and most of the time it is good. But I find, If I do talk to the manager, than things go much more smoothly. Good luck! Enjoy! We like the Alice Spring Chicken from the menu, and the sweet potatoes are really good. Enjoy your dinner!

We also try and visit the store on off hours, before or after the lunch/dinner rush, and than things seem to go better.

I've had nothing but good luck with Outback. The first time we went, as soon as I requested the gluten-free menu the waiter went and brought the manager over. They both explained how seriously they take food allergies/sensitivities and to be assured that my meal would be prepared safely.

I was impressed that after I ordered the mashed potatoes as a side dish, the waiter came back out to make sure I wasn't also sensitive to dairy.

I usually order the petite fillet with either the mashed potatoes or the baked sweet potato and the veggie medley (be sure to order without their seasoned butter--it contains gluten). I ask for plain butter on the side.

For dessert, the "Thunder From Down Under" is fabulous!

Excellent experiences at Outback! :D

Cool! Thanks everybody. I think I will give it a go. I noticed on their menu online that they stated their rice was not gluten free. I figure they must season it somehow. I went to a different steak house in Sieverville, Tn and spoke to the waitstaff/chef and did realy great. I played it safe with the steamed veggie plate.

It's my "go to" special occasion restaurant. I've been probably 10 times in 2+ years and have had ZERO problems.

I usually get the baked potato, ribeye and veggies. Make sure you remind them as you order and when you receive the plate (sometimes not your own server).

Dessert is a bonus and is always tasty too. Here in CO they have a "mini portion" of it if you ask.

Lastly, I almost always go to a restaurant when they're not overwhelmed. Easier to get your order in when everyone is less rushed and therefore fewer mistakes.

I went to the Outback in Long Beach this weekend. They brought me their gluten-free menu, and it made everything so easy. The waiter even brought my salad out very early, when he brought bread for everyone else, so I wouldn't be the only one not eating.