MamaMeagan

Is Igg And Iga Pretty Specific To Celiac?

Rate this topic

I think the IgA isn't so specific if I remember right. What about the IgG??

Also would Enterolab be much good if you had positive IgG, IgA, but a negative scope. If it matters I think I figured it out very early only had symptoms a couple months, because of some other health problems was looking into it. I was going to do the complete panel, but am thinking since I had some positive blood work it wouldn't be too helpful, maybe just do the gene test?? I plan to ask my GI doctor next week when I see him.

I started the diet about two weeks ago and am finally starting to feel better, is that normal??

Thanks!

The AGA IgA and AGA IgG are the least sensitive/specific Celiac tests. Better options are the tTG IgA, EMA IgA, and if you are IgA deficient, the tTG IgG. Newer tests like the DGP IgA/IgG are apparently better options than the AGA tests.

The AGA IgA and AGA IgG are the least sensitive/specific Celiac tests. Better options are the tTG IgA, EMA IgA, and if you are IgA deficient, the tTG IgG. Newer tests like the DGP IgA/IgG are apparently better options than the AGA tests.

So can a positive gliadin IgG Antibody test mean something else then??

My Gliadin IgA was 8M it said <7 is negative 7-10 Equivocal and >10 is positive.

I was just trying to see if these results could mean something else?? However I am responding the diet, it just took longer then I thought to start to feel some change. I mean I felt a little at first, but not much untl just the past couple days.

Dr. Ford explains on his website why antigliadin is importatnt to and does mean something. The GI doctors do not put so much faith in the antigliadin tests because so many patients without villous atrophy have them and they do not know what to do with them....

google ford gluten

Dr. Ford explains on his website why antigliadin is importatnt to and does mean something. The GI doctors do not put so much faith in the antigliadin tests because so many patients without villous atrophy have them and they do not know what to do with them....

google ford gluten

I agree with this and the AGA tests are used for dietary compliance testing after a diagnosis. Many doctors make the mistake of only running the Ttg after a diagnosis and this is not correct....other autoimmune problems can cause elevated Ttg. There may be more, newer tests for diagnosis but the AGA remains the best test for finding out whether you are ingesting gluten unknowingly.

MamaMeagan.....your test was not quite negative but not flamingly positive either. That's when you resort to a dietary trial and, as you are feeling better, you may have to go with this alone for a diagnosis of some kind of gluten problem. You could also continue to eat gluten and see if this spikes higher on future testing but I don't think I would go that route. If the diet made me feel better and alleviates symptoms, that should be enough. As these tests, and most others for celiac, are not ultra sensitive, it can be very hard to discover a problem if you fall into the gluten sensitive category.

So is there a chance this could signal something else besides gluten intolerance?