dhiltonlittle

How High Was Your Iga When Diagnosed?

Rate this topic

Do you mean the IgA tTG or total IgA? My tTG was around 78 with >19 positive and I'm not IgA deficient. My last tTg was 6 and that was Feb. of this year. I didn't get the whole panel unfortunately in 2008. I didn't have the AGA IgA/IgG until 6 months later and thery were both positive.(I can't remember the #'s). Had them repeated in Feb. also and the IgA AGA was just under so it was considered negative but the IgG AGA was still positive.

Anti-gliadin IgA: 57 Units (greater than 10 is pos)

Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA: 98 Units (greater than 10 is pos)

TTG IgA was listed as ">100". My lab document says negative result is <4 and definitive positive is anything >10 (someone else posted >19 as positive. Doesn't matter, I guess b/c 100 is > 19 anyway!) :)

Less than 36 was considered normal at the clinic I went to. My reading was listed as ">200".

Less than 36 was considered normal at the clinic I went to. My reading was listed as ">200".

Mine was something along the same lines. My consultant said it was the highest he had ever seen.

My results were Anti-gliadin IGA 135, and tTg IgA was 92. Reference range for both is anything under 10 is normal.

Iga somewhere around 70; ttg 220 or so. Over 20 was positive. And villi were completely flat.

Fecal Anti-gliadin IgA: 33 Units (active dietary gluten sensitivity)

Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA: 11

I was concerned that 11 was so close to normal that I should consider it normal. I called enterolab and they told me that there is no such thing as a little positive. It is like being a little pregnant. Your either positive or your not, and I am positive.

Anti-gliadin IgA: 10 units, less than 10 being normal

Anti-Tissue Transglutaminase IgA: 10 units, less than 10 being normal

As farmwife said, I originally thought maybe it was a mistake since I was "on the line" between gluten sensitive and "normal", but I saw dramatic changes in my health after going gluten free. My husband is super excited that I'm out gardening this year...this time last year I was literally bedridden and could barely eat anything. A lower IgA doesn't really mean much, as I've seen a lot of people on here with strong symptoms and lower IgA numbers, and people with little or no symptoms with very high IgA numbers.

My IgA was >100 and my doctor said it was the highest he'd seen. I just got tested again, a year later (my idea to make sure it was down and that I'm not getting contamination!) it came out at >29 which is not good, means I'm getting contamination and I thought I was being really strict, must have very low tolerance.

That's interesting, as mine after a year on a gluten-free diet is IgA >29 and I've always been mostly asymptomatic and feeling healthy. It's such a complicated disease and makes me wonder what else is going on. I know doctors that will dismiss patience with a borderline results as not needing to cut out gluten, seems they are very misled.