Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

just wondering if there are any tasty already baked loafs of gluten free bread that you know of? i've noticed in another forum some people eat toast and i'm wondering if that was a presliced loaf purchased or if you make it and freeze it? i'd love to make a sandwich with something other than lettuce, rice cakes or corn tortillas. thanks! :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

just wondering if there are any tasty already baked loafs of gluten free bread that you know of? i've noticed in another forum some people eat toast and i'm wondering if that was a presliced loaf purchased or if you make it and freeze it? i'd love to make a sandwich with something other than lettuce, rice cakes or corn tortillas. thanks! :)

I love the Kinnikinnick bread, it is wonderful. I have used it as toast as well as a regular sandwich/hamburger bun. It is expensive, around $6 a loaf, but it is very satisfying so you are not eating a lot every day. I recently bought the Kinnikinnick bread and roll mix and have been making bread once a week, which cuts the cost to about $3 per loaf. I use an electric knife to slice and then freeze, it is just as delicious. They also do a wonderful pizza crust, that serves 2 or for me 1 if I'm starved :)

Udi bread, either the white or whole grain. Excellent. Hands down winner for gluten free bread.

Katz Challah bread is a little sweeter and very good.

Against the Grain: baguettes, rolls and their pizza crust is the best pizza crust I've tried.

1960s-had symptoms-could have been before but don't remember

1970s-told had colitis or nervous stomach-was given phenobarbital, felt great but still had symptoms

Me, dd and ds diagnosed with Lactose Intolerance

2000-osteopenia

2001-had stroke because of medications I was given

June 2003-saw Chiropractor who specialized in nutrition: Celiac Disease not Lactose Intolerance, went gluten free with once in awhile cheating, off soy and dairy for about 6 months

June 2003-found excellent doctor for fibromyalgia (who has found out she has Celiac Disease)

May 2006-went gluten free with NO cheating-excellent! Made all the difference in the world

UDIS UDIS UDIS!! I buy a case at a time! Requires NO toasting and makes awesome sandwiches! Even my toddler eats it :)

Diagnosed with Gluten Allergy April 2010. Family history of Celiac disease and bowel cancers. Already feeling a billion times better since going gluten free.

Against the Grain: baguettes, rolls and their pizza crust is the best pizza crust I've tried.

I could not agree more about their pizza crust, I seriously think that stuff is better than I remember any gluten pizza crust tasting.

I also vote for the Katz Gluten Free bread - especially the challah. It is sweet and nutty and moist. A consistancy somewhat like banana bread. I can't eat just one slice. I keep it in the freezer and take out 3 slices at a time. It only takes minutes for it to defrost and then I use dairy free margarine, or any type of filling. This really is the best tasting gluten-free bread out there... I've bought and thrown out many, many breads.

Mmmmm... I'm thinking about a nice grilled cheese sandwich for lunch. Katz gluten free bread and daiya cheese shreds.

Gluten Intolerance, Colitis, IBS, Lactose and Casein Intolerance, Gastro-Paresis, GERD, Arthritis. Taking Remicade and Asacol, 2 Prilosec/day among other meds. Officially a senior citizen! New knee is doing well.. now about that other knee...

Food is in my dreams and in my nightmares!

I'd suggest you try Katz Gluten Free White Bread or Large Challah Rolls. I can gaurantee you won't regret!! They're defrosted in no time but taste even better when toasted....

Unbelievable how it tastes like the "real" sandwiches I sorely miss!

i personally like pamela's bread mix. i don't really make it that often now though because i can't eat the big loaf by myself.

i also buy trader joe's french rolls to have on hand for when i walk 5+ miles. they don't last as long as regular bread sitting on the counter but i keep them in the freezer and take one out at a time to eat as needed.

Daughter likes the Ener-G Rice Starch bread. Granted we have to buy things with no egg or dairy. She has outgrown these allergies but must limit her intake.