Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

michayla

Cross Contamination?

hey everyone,

so i was diagnosed with celiac but i do not have nearly as severe of a case as i could. yes, i had terrible symptoms and such, but i am not someone who has to use different hair products or can't walk into a bakery if you know what i mean.

anyway, my boyfriend does not have celiac, so he will eat regular food. this sounds crazy, but is there a possible chance of cross contamination if he kisses me after eating gluten foods? or is this just a little nuts to make him brush his teeth or something?

i wasn't sure because i am still relatively new to the celiac world...

thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Yup---you need to have him brush. Don't swig from a bottle of his either. Gluten is a sneaky bugger!!

My hubby has a fluffy beard and crumbs settle there and he drank beer and we never gave it a thought about the smooching, we were extra careful about his food prep, separate toaster, etc,,,but I was getting glutened somehow, ...soooo, he went gluten-free with me, I did not even ask...he did it on his own ...no more feeling so lousy....case closed? guess so--- for us anyway. :) smooching without fear :D :D :D

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif