michayla

Cross Contamination?

Rate this topic

hey everyone,

so i was diagnosed with celiac but i do not have nearly as severe of a case as i could. yes, i had terrible symptoms and such, but i am not someone who has to use different hair products or can't walk into a bakery if you know what i mean.

anyway, my boyfriend does not have celiac, so he will eat regular food. this sounds crazy, but is there a possible chance of cross contamination if he kisses me after eating gluten foods? or is this just a little nuts to make him brush his teeth or something?

i wasn't sure because i am still relatively new to the celiac world...

thanks!

I would say it's definitely possible. I've gotten glutened after kissing my husband after he ate cereal. Better safe than sorry.

Yup---you need to have him brush. Don't swig from a bottle of his either. Gluten is a sneaky bugger!!

My hubby has a fluffy beard and crumbs settle there and he drank beer and we never gave it a thought about the smooching, we were extra careful about his food prep, separate toaster, etc,,,but I was getting glutened somehow, ...soooo, he went gluten-free with me, I did not even ask...he did it on his own ...no more feeling so lousy....case closed? guess so--- for us anyway. :) smooching without fear :D :D :D