tennisman

Disrespectfull People

Rate this topic

I hate them. I have recently come across disrespectfull people though facebook and google :( I just read on facebook how some chef cooked Gluten Free on a BBC tv program in the uk and said he is Celiac but every 3 months he has a 2 week break where he eats as much GLUTEN as possible it's messed up . Why do people do stupid things like this ? The public must think it's not a serious disease hearing things like this.

I hate them. I have recently come across disrespectfull people though facebook and google :( I just read on facebook how some chef cooked Gluten Free on a BBC tv program in the uk and said he is Celiac but every 3 months he has a 2 week break where he eats as much GLUTEN as possible it's messed up . Why do people do stupid things like this ? The public must think it's not a serious disease hearing things like this.

This isn't just disrespectful, it's total ignorance.. :blink:

OMG!!This guy is killing himself. And his understanding of gluten intolerance is all WRONG!

What doctor told him he could do that?

You should re-post this clip with the heading...celiac chef eats gluten anwyay and tells the world....these guys have to see this!!

Another chef with no clue. He needs to get some education before he makes himself really sick.

Another chef with no clue. He needs to get some education before he makes himself really sick.

Survival of the fittest?

Survival of the fittest?

:lol: :lol: :lol: (are we bad for laughing??)

Wow, did anyone read about the chef who deliberately glutens people requesting gluten free meals because it's "all in their heads"??? Craziness... And the message going out to the general public is that Celiac disease is nothing serious. So very very sad. As it was, I was afraid to eat in restaurants. Now, I'm terrified :(

He sounds like an idiot! And it is people like that who are not helping us any.

:lol: :lol: :lol: (are we bad for laughing??)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Made me laugh... ya either laugh or cry.. or both.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Made me laugh... ya either laugh or cry.. or both.

No, hon....let me clarify what I was laughing at....Karen's comment about HIM cracked me up ...that if he offs himself by foolishly eating gluten, so be it....survival of the fittest.... :lol: :lol:

As for him.... I was stunned by his ignorance of what being a celiac means. I wonder if anyone in the UK--like a doctor maybe?--has seen this clip and told him that he is grossly misinformed.

I think the "old school" thought was that you could "desensitize your system " by exposing yourself to wheat...but celiac disease is not an "allergy". I know that some people on here have said that they were DXed as children, but their parents were told to give them wheat again so they could get used it--which of course set them up for a lifetime of ill health and other autoimmune diseases. That's just criminal :o

This is a common misconception and I get a tad defensive whenever someone says "Oh you just have a wheat allergy" .

I try to explain, but I can see by the second sentence into my explanation that their eyes are glazing over with the "I don't really care, but I am feigning interest" Look....

:lol::angry::blink:

PS Nice chinny hat!! :lol:

No, hon....let me clarify what I was laughing at....Karen's comment about HIM cracked me up ...that if he offs himself by foolishly eating gluten, so be it....survival of the fittest.... :lol: :lol:

This is a common misconception and I get a tad defensive whenever someone says "Oh you just have a wheat allergy" .

I try to explain, but I can see by the second sentence into my explanation that their eyes are glazing over with the "I don't really care, but I am feigning interest" Look....

:lol::angry::blink:

PS Nice chinny hat!! :lol:

I tell them it destroys my intestines. That sounds scary to most people.

I'm taking up a collection to buy that poor abused creature a proper hat. Maybe a nice straw sunbonnet.

I tell them it destroys my intestines. That sounds scary to most people.

I'm taking up a collection to buy that poor abused creature a proper hat. Maybe a nice straw sunbonnet.

I guess from now on, I'll cut to the chase and say that too....I have said to people, no, it's not an ACHOO allergy, it's like slow poison to my gut... And they say....oh :blink: ...and that's the end of the conversation and their interest...

as for the hat...yeah, she really does need something a bit more jaunty :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow, did anyone read about the chef who deliberately glutens people requesting gluten free meals because it's "all in their heads"??? Craziness... And the message going out to the general public is that Celiac disease is nothing serious. So very very sad. As it was, I was afraid to eat in restaurants. Now, I'm terrified :(

I wouldn't brag that about deliberately glutening customers. He could be sued! Did anyone hear about the man that was sentenced to jail time for selling baked goods that were gluten free at a fair (that was not gluten free) I think it was North Carolina? I saw something on my news tonight about this court case. The word might get around that people will be held responsible criminally for on purpose glutening others.

Okay you fashion-eastas! :P Chilli will have his first runway showing very soon..

No, I knew you were laughing at Kareng's comment Irishheart.. I just meant.. his survival being in question isn't only funny.. it's sad because he really is doing himself (and anyone who listens to him and doesn't understand Celiac) damage. But I thought it was funny too.. :lol: :lol: you guys crack me up.. I'm such a nerd!!

Okay you fashion-eastas! :P Chilli will have his first runway showing very soon..

No, I knew you were laughing at Kareng's comment Irishheart.. I just meant.. his survival being in question isn't only funny.. it's sad because he really is doing himself (and anyone who listens to him and doesn't understand Celiac) damage. But I thought it was funny too.. :lol: :lol: you guys crack me up.. I'm such a nerd!!

okay, good...whew!! I didn't want you to think I was being rude about the chef....I am still stupified --no gobsmacked, as the Irish say...by his stupidity.... :blink:

I mean, really, what the heck?? Hope someone sets this dude straight.

So, is Chilli getting an upgrade?? :lol:

I wouldn't brag that about deliberately glutening customers. He could be sued! Did anyone hear about the man that was sentenced to jail time for selling baked goods that were gluten free at a fair (that was not gluten free) I think it was North Carolina? I saw something on my news tonight about this court case. The word might get around that people will be held responsible criminally for on purpose glutening others.

yes, I did see that story---he was sentenced--as he should be!! what a jerk!! :angry:

Oh yes!! And he is excited about it.. :D State tuned.. :)

okay, good...whew!! I didn't want you to think I was being rude about the chef....I am still stupified --no gobsmacked, as the Irish say...by his stupidity.... :blink:

I mean, really, what the heck?? Hope someone sets this dude straight.

When in Rome....? I think there will be a clothing line coming... :)

? I think there will be a clothing line coming... :)

That will strike fear in the hearts of chinchillas!

Here is a link to some information on the chef who deliberately glutened people and thought it was all in our pathetic little heads...

http://canweeatthat.typepad.com/blog/2011/03/chef-damian-cardone-deliberately-poisons-those-with-gluten-intolerance.html

Dee

We had a big discussion on here last week if you want to look back & read it.

hey Dee... this is the thread

he really is :o:(:angry: :angry: :angry:

Death by gluten...it makes me think of the Seinfeld episode in which George's fiancee dies from licking stamps.

Death by gluten...it makes me think of the Seinfeld episode in which George's fiancee dies from licking stamps.

OMG! :lol: I had the same thought!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh yes!! And he is excited about it.. :D State tuned.. :)

Hey, did that chincilla morph into a dog? That IS quite a trick !!!! IrishHeart and her cat, Bella applaud enthusiastically!!! :lol:

hey Dee... this is the thread

he really is :o:(:angry: :angry: :angry:

Thanks!