Looking for answers

Blood Type And Food Intolerances

Rate this topic

I may be putting more stock in this now.

Since starting this (and I haven't been gluten-strict), I ate eggplant last night, and bad news. I think there might be something to this 'no nightshades for type A' thing. It just feels stuck (still) in my stomach. My gastroparesis does seem worse when I eat nightshades in large quantities. I can do a few tomatoes in a sauce, or a few slices of sweet potato, but not really more than that.

Bah. Another one bites the dust....

I know one very astute scientist and another extremely good physician who say the diet is utter bunk. The scientist personally met D'Adamo and says he's laughing all the way to the bank on this diet. The physician points out that he merely associated the favorite American foods with the most common type, type o. Half the people who buy the book get to eat their favorite foods and are happy.

Please don't feel like you have to limit an already restrictive diet based on D'Adamo's "research". If it helps, great, but the new food intolerance you found may have nothing to do with your blood type.

From everything I've read, the diet "works" because if enough people try it, a certain percentage will find something beneficial. In other words, there's no science involved, it's just sheer chance.

richard

you just have to find out what works for you REGARDLESS of what others say... as long as you're GLUTEN FREE, who cares which route u take to find out if you need additional changes to your diet. i dont FORCE the Bloodtype Diet down everyone's throat- i only share once in a blue moon if it might help. i cant tell you how many times i bite my tongue just so i dont have to see everyone's jokes & ridicule. i dont see why it has to be like that- i dont ridicule everyone else's diets & supplements or what might work for them.

i love all the bloodtype books & the "science" behind it... and i love that all of his supplements are gluten free, soy free, corn free, etc, etc, and great quality.... his "Connectivar" is the only thing that seems to have quieted my Hemmohroids..

but whatever... i dont think that we should ridicule eachother

I wonder now why regular potatoes are nightshades but sweet aren't? Hmm. Research for today.

Just one of those things like wheat and buckwheat - similar name for foods that are totally unrelated.

...life would be so much easier if we had more accurate names, eh? :D

shauna

you just have to find out what works for you REGARDLESS of what others say... as long as you're GLUTEN FREE, who cares which route u take to find out if you need additional changes to your diet. i dont FORCE the Bloodtype Diet down everyone's throat- i only share once in a blue moon if it might help. i cant tell you how many times i bite my tongue just so i dont have to see everyone's jokes & ridicule. i dont see why it has to be like that- i dont ridicule everyone else's diets & supplements or what might work for them.

i love all the bloodtype books & the "science" behind it... and i love that all of his supplements are gluten free, soy free, corn free, etc, etc, and great quality.... his "Connectivar" is the only thing that seems to have quieted my Hemmohroids..

but whatever... i dont think that we should ridicule eachother

I agree, it's one of those don't knock it until you try it thing. I've been adhering to the Type A diet and feel better than ever. It's made a huge difference. Perhaps, it's coincidental, but what do I care at the end of the day. I have no more cravings, I don't wake up feeling unrefreshed any longer, my skin is clearer than ever, and my mood is wonderful. I thought I would miss eating a lot of meat, but now all I want is vegetables. Meat a few times a week, like salmon or chicken is all I seem to need. I wouldn't have ever thought I would feel this way. Someone also mentioned that it's written so that half of Americans can eat what they want (Type O). Not true. It doesn't permit much gluten (only some sprouted bread for those who can handle gluten) or dairy or potatoes, sugar, processed foods and suggests avoiding corn and wheat...that doesn't sound like the typical American diet to me.