Rate this topic

I know that this is probably not celiac related but does anyone else have problems drinking caffeine? I get very nervous and very uncomfortable and anxious when I drink any caffeine. If I have a cup of coffee in the morning, I am anxious all day from the caffeine. I avoid caffeine now but I met a friend this morning for coffee and I ordered what I thought was decaf tea and after drinking it, I noticed that it was regular tea and I have been anxious ever since from the caffeine.

I know that this is probably not celiac related but does anyone else have problems drinking caffeine? I get very nervous and very uncomfortable and anxious when I drink any caffeine. If I have a cup of coffee in the morning, I am anxious all day from the caffeine. I avoid caffeine now but I met a friend this morning for coffee and I ordered what I thought was decaf tea and after drinking it, I noticed that it was regular tea and I have been anxious ever since from the caffeine.

I honestly can't remember if caffeine made me anxious since it's been over a year and a half since I had it last, but I do know that it hurts my stomach really bad. I can get away with maybe one sip of my husband's soda, but any more then that and I'm done.

I had to cut the caffine out myself because I finally realized that it caused shakeing on my insides, heart palpataions, insomnia and fatigue. Found that out in doing an elimination diet.

Oh em gee. I canNOT do caffeine any more. One can of soda and I'm up for days. It's comical at this point. Caffeine is just not happening any more.

The funny part is that I used to be a coffee junkie. I loved caffeine and worked better with it, drank pot after pot in a day with no sleep problems. Oh, to be young again. ;)

Well, i'm glad that Maxwell House makes a decaf! :D

Next time I go to that coffee shop, i'm getting hot water and bringing my own tea bag.

Both my parents and one grandparent had to cut it out due to heart issues being caused by it.

I realized on my own, way back in high school it wasn't right for me - heightened my anxiety and didn't keep me awake, actually made me all foggy.

I drank it in extreme moderation (so yummy) for some time as an adult, but realized even one cup a week would get me addicted and withdrawal is no good. So I had cut out coffee.

Then I had a week where I had a chai latte every day for a week (not realizing that duh, it was black tea!) and it triggered the worst hypomanic episode I've had in years (I used to struggle regularly with mania and depression, in my late teens/early 20s). That was a wake up call for me that caffeine in itself is not a good thing for me AT ALL. I could have a half cup of decaf a couple times a week with cream without negative effects.

This past year I had two horrible experiences where I had a little bit of coffee that someone else had put non-dairy creamer in. It made me super sick - vomiting, terrible abdominal pain, migraine auras, headaches, and brain fog, so that made staying away from coffee that much easier.

Now I'm well and truly off the stuff!

Yep, caffeine is a no go for me now. Coffee will make my joints hurt like there is no tomorrow (yeah, I'm only 28) and I get a massive dose of insomnia. Just plain caffeine in tea (can't have any pop because of corn) makes my hands hurt and I get jumpy. I've transitioned everything to decaf, except for coffee which is just out.

I have a theory on this actually. I don't really think anyone should drink caffeine. I think it does affect all of us in different ways etc. It's just that we are more conditioned to pay attention and listen to what our body is telling us after ingesting something. We also have already begun working on the self control to not eat or drink something that makes us sick. So we're more apt to cut something out that causes discomfort.