Wenmin

Gluten Free Rice Krispies

Rate this topic

Did anyone find Gluten Free Rice Krispies? I saw a thread here that said they would be out this summer, but have not found any yet. Looked in several major cities around the area in which I live, yet did not find any. Anyone?

I just found them today at our local Walmart. I will be making rice krispies for my girls later on.

Price Chopper in Upstate NY. They do indeed snap, crackle and pop--just as I remembered. :lol:

I found them at Kroger in Indiana. Made rice krispie treats this past weekend and they were awesome!!! We add chocolate chips to ours and they are so good. Didn't tell my bf that I used the gluten-free version and he didn't notice a difference - YAY!!! Finally a dessert that I can make for both of us!

I found them at our local Wal-Mart today...$3.12 for a 12 oz. box (the regular Rice Krispies were $2.94 for the same size box). Of course, I had to get marshmallows to go with them. :D

I found them at our local Wal-Mart today...$3.12 for a 12 oz. box (the regular Rice Krispies were $2.94 for the same size box). Of course, I had to get marshmallows to go with them. :D

geesh, hubby paid $3.99 at Price Chopper...next stop, wallie world. :)

geesh, hubby paid $3.99 at Price Chopper...next stop, wallie world. :)

So much for the name "Price Chopper", huh? :blink: I wonder if prices vary depending on the Wal-Mart you go to...small town vs large or larger city???

So much for the name "Price Chopper", huh? :blink: I wonder if prices vary depending on the Wal-Mart you go to...small town vs large or larger city???

we'll see !!--all the Walmarts around here are in the larger surrounding cities. (we're in the countryside)...I'll let ya know ;)

Did anyone find Gluten Free Rice Krispies? I saw a thread here that said they would be out this summer, but have not found any yet. Looked in several major cities around the area in which I live, yet did not find any. Anyone?

I was wondering the SAME thing! I've been craving rice krispies treats and can't wait to make them! But I haven't seen them yet in my neck of the woods.

Found them at Walmart and Wegmans in upstate NY. Make PERFECT rice krispie treats but alone don;'t taste anything like the original.

Has anyone confirmed dedicated equipment status? I bought a box but am afraid to try them. I am picturing the other cereal grains flying around the factory.

Has anyone confirmed dedicated equipment status? I bought a box but am afraid to try them. I am picturing the other cereal grains flying around the factory.

It doesn't say anything about this on the box.

It doesn't say anything about this on the box.

They are made by Kellogs, they make frosted mini wheat cereal and several other wheat based cereals. What do you mean by saying it doesn't say on the box? It's a cereal company that makes several cereals that would make us very sick. Just wondering if they are really gluten free and free from cross contamination and if it was confirmed anywhere.

They are made by Kellogs, they make frosted mini wheat cereal and several other wheat based cereals. What do you mean by saying it doesn't say on the box? It's a cereal company that makes several cereals that would make us very sick. Just wondering if they are really gluten free and free from cross contamination and if it was confirmed anywhere.

The box doesn't indicate whether it was made in a shared facility or anything about their manufacturing (made on shared lines, made in a dedicated gluten-free facility, etc.) I would think if it was made in a gluten-free facility, they'd make sure that info was on the box. Hope we don't have a problem with CC.

There is a phone no. on the box you could call...and then please let the rest of us know, too. I pulled up their website but nothing is mentioned in the FAQs.

I sent an email to them last night. I will post the response when I get it. :)

I don't think that I'd be brave enought to try them until I know that a bunch of others who are very sensitive have tried them and been okay!

Here is the email that I got from them. They seem pretty safe for us to me!

Thank you for your recent email regarding the gluten status in Kellogg's

I would assume if something is labeled "Gluten-Free" on the outside of the package in large print from a major company, it would not be subject to CC.

While I don't believe companies truly care about what they do to people, they certainly care about money and potential lawsuits - it would shock me if a company as big as Kellogg's didn't cover all their bases.