This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Gluten Free Rice Krispies

Wenmin

Wenmin Enthusiast

Did anyone find Gluten Free Rice Krispies? I saw a thread here that said they would be out this summer, but have not found any yet. Looked in several major cities around the area in which I live, yet did not find any. Anyone?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

alex11602 Collaborator

I just found them today at our local Walmart. I will be making rice krispies for my girls later on.

killernj13 Enthusiast

Found them in Pathmark and A&P.

IrishHeart Veteran

Price Chopper in Upstate NY. They do indeed snap, crackle and pop--just as I remembered. :lol:

ndw3363 Contributor

I found them at Kroger in Indiana. Made rice krispie treats this past weekend and they were awesome!!! We add chocolate chips to ours and they are so good. Didn't tell my bf that I used the gluten-free version and he didn't notice a difference - YAY!!! Finally a dessert that I can make for both of us!

sa1937 Community Regular

I found them at our local Wal-Mart today...$3.12 for a 12 oz. box (the regular Rice Krispies were $2.94 for the same size box). Of course, I had to get marshmallows to go with them. :D

IrishHeart Veteran

I found them at our local Wal-Mart today...$3.12 for a 12 oz. box (the regular Rice Krispies were $2.94 for the same size box). Of course, I had to get marshmallows to go with them. :D

geesh, hubby paid $3.99 at Price Chopper...next stop, wallie world. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

sa1937 Community Regular

geesh, hubby paid $3.99 at Price Chopper...next stop, wallie world. :)

So much for the name "Price Chopper", huh? :blink: I wonder if prices vary depending on the Wal-Mart you go to...small town vs large or larger city???

IrishHeart Veteran

So much for the name "Price Chopper", huh? :blink: I wonder if prices vary depending on the Wal-Mart you go to...small town vs large or larger city???

we'll see !!--all the Walmarts around here are in the larger surrounding cities. (we're in the countryside)...I'll let ya know ;)

Chopper Apprentice

Did anyone find Gluten Free Rice Krispies? I saw a thread here that said they would be out this summer, but have not found any yet. Looked in several major cities around the area in which I live, yet did not find any. Anyone?

I was wondering the SAME thing! I've been craving rice krispies treats and can't wait to make them! But I haven't seen them yet in my neck of the woods.

HS7474 Apprentice

Found them at Walmart and Wegmans in upstate NY. Make PERFECT rice krispie treats but alone don;'t taste anything like the original.

GFreeMO Proficient

Has anyone confirmed dedicated equipment status? I bought a box but am afraid to try them. I am picturing the other cereal grains flying around the factory.

sa1937 Community Regular

Has anyone confirmed dedicated equipment status? I bought a box but am afraid to try them. I am picturing the other cereal grains flying around the factory.

It doesn't say anything about this on the box.

GFreeMO Proficient

It doesn't say anything about this on the box.

They are made by Kellogs, they make frosted mini wheat cereal and several other wheat based cereals. What do you mean by saying it doesn't say on the box? It's a cereal company that makes several cereals that would make us very sick. Just wondering if they are really gluten free and free from cross contamination and if it was confirmed anywhere.

sa1937 Community Regular

They are made by Kellogs, they make frosted mini wheat cereal and several other wheat based cereals. What do you mean by saying it doesn't say on the box? It's a cereal company that makes several cereals that would make us very sick. Just wondering if they are really gluten free and free from cross contamination and if it was confirmed anywhere.

The box doesn't indicate whether it was made in a shared facility or anything about their manufacturing (made on shared lines, made in a dedicated gluten-free facility, etc.) I would think if it was made in a gluten-free facility, they'd make sure that info was on the box. Hope we don't have a problem with CC.

There is a phone no. on the box you could call...and then please let the rest of us know, too. I pulled up their website but nothing is mentioned in the FAQs.

GFreeMO Proficient

I sent an email to them last night. I will post the response when I get it. :)

shayre Enthusiast

I don't think that I'd be brave enought to try them until I know that a bunch of others who are very sensitive have tried them and been okay!

GFreeMO Proficient

Here is the email that I got from them. They seem pretty safe for us to me!

Thank you for your recent email regarding the gluten status in Kellogg's

Katrala Contributor

I would assume if something is labeled "Gluten-Free" on the outside of the package in large print from a major company, it would not be subject to CC.

While I don't believe companies truly care about what they do to people, they certainly care about money and potential lawsuits - it would shock me if a company as big as Kellogg's didn't cover all their bases.

Archived