Rate this topic

Hey guys!

I am fairly newly diagnosed with Celiacs (less than 2 months), but I have had TMJ problems for a long time (4+ years). My mom, who also has Celiacs has TMJ as well. I was just curious as to whether anyone else has TMJ problems along with Celiacs, and if you saw them clear up after a while eating gluten-free.

I have terrible TMJ. It's related to inflammation and gluten causes an increase in inflammation so the diet does help a lot! When I get glutened I will always get a TMJ flare.

I have both--diagnosed with TMJ about a year before Celiac. I don't know if they're connected though.

I hadn't thought of it before. I have both. Diagnosed with TMJ around 15 yrs. ago. Diagnosed in January with Celiac.

That's interesting. I never thought of them being related but I had TMJ long before my gluten intolerance diagnosis. The doctors thought that wearing the mouthpiece for TMJ would cause my headaches to go away. Well, that combined with eating gluten free finally did cause the headaches to get better.

TMJ dx aonth before gluten-free.

Mine was started with wisdom teeth removal at 18....one tooth didn't want to come out and they pulled really hard.

It has improved greatly off gluten.

thanks everyone! heres to hoping theyre related so my TMJ will go away!

I have read a lot, though with no references to give you, about the relationship between TMJ and gluten. Hope yours goes away. :)