TTNOGluten

Product Suggestions For The Home

Rate this topic

Still learning alot in this new process and looking for some general recommendations, I live in a rural area in Michigan without alot of access to specialty shops etc, therefore most of our shopping is done locally at Wal-mart or Meijer. I am not real particular about soaps, shampoos, toothpaste etc. as long as I don't leave the house smelling like a pig pen, I would be willing to use just about any cosmetic product per se

what I unfortunately do not have is too much time to research every darn thing out there, so was hoping you all can help

#1 type of safe shampoo

#2 have crest toothpaste, appears OK, hoping it is gluten free

#3 hand soap for the house and bathrooms

#4 shaving cream for my face( checked with gillette, it appears OK) but can't guarantee no gluten as they do not test for it

#5 recommendations for a line of makeup/lipstick for my wife, she is not too particular(thank god)

#6 hairspray for my wife, she sprays it, I am sure I inhale some it, thankfully I'm bald so not an issue for me

#7 general type of body soap

#8 deoderant, not that I am eating it, but with CC, just want to be safe

keep in mind I would have to get most at Walmart or Meijer, I am not picky, so whatever is safe I will use

thanks as always, would love any more input if there is something I am forgetting

#1 type of safe shampoo

Suave, Dove and Garneir will all clearly label gluten ingredients. I use Garneir for all skin and hair care most of the time.

#2 have crest toothpaste, appears OK, hoping it is gluten free

As far as I know Crest is safe, I use Tom's of Maine though so I can't be positive.

#3 hand soap for the house and bathrooms

I use Softsoap most of the time.

For dish detergent I use Palmolive

Can't answer with the rest of the stuff but hopefully someone else will chime in with ideas.

Burt's Bees lipstick, gloss. Available lots of places. I use MyChelle skin care - order it online or buy it at Whole Foods.

I use (and so does hubby) Dove unscented deodorant. I think it's a "chic stick" but he doesn't care since it's unscented.

Dove body soap is also safe.

We use Suave hairspray and so far so good.

#1 type of safe shampoo - I use Suave shampoo and conditioner

#2 have crest toothpaste, appears OK, hoping it is gluten free - I use Colgate Total but Crest should be fine

#3 hand soap for the house and bathrooms - I like Soft Soap at my sinks and in the shower

#5 recommendations for a line of makeup/lipstick for my wife, she is not too particular(thank god) - I found some Neutrogena lipstick that appears OK but I don't wear much lipstick. I like Blistex Lip Balm (in the blue-green tube) or Neosporin Lip Health. I actually prefer the Blistex. I also use Garnier moisturizer, a Revlon foundation and eye shadow, Cover Girl powder and blush, Mabelline mascara. These are the most difficult products to check. I should add that I don't have the skin problems some people have with celiac.

#7 general type of body soap - again Soft Soap in my shower

#8 deoderant, not that I am eating it, but with CC, just want to be safe - I use Mitchum roll-on

Hand cream/lotion - I have CeraVe (also from Wal-Mart)

I like Dawn dish detergent.

I hear you on easy-to-find products from Wally World...I hate to shop, am not a product snob and I hate to pay a fortune for personal care products

#1 type of safe shampoo I use ShiKai, which I get at my local drugstore (Bartell's), but I have long hair and it may well require more maintenance than yours :) (though my husband likes it too... of course, he also has long hair)

#2 have crest toothpaste, appears OK, hoping it is gluten free Crest is fine, I use that or Tom's of Maine, back when they had a liquid toothpaste

#3 hand soap for the house and bathrooms most of the time, I just use dish soap, and you can just refill soap dispensers with diluted dishsoap if you like (palmolive really is gentle on the hands :) ), but I also have SoftSoap in one bathroom, and Ballard Organics in another (it's a local brand, so unless you're in the greater Seattle area, you probably won't find it as easily :) )

#4 shaving cream for my face( checked with gillette, it appears OK) but can't guarantee no gluten as they do not test for it no help on this one - though I do shave my legs, I use an electric razor

#5 recommendations for a line of makeup/lipstick for my wife, she is not too particular(thank god) ironically, I'm even less help here than with the shaving cream; I haven't ever worn makeup

#6 hairspray for my wife, she sprays it, I am sure I inhale some it, thankfully I'm bald so not an issue for me ditto to the lack of help above; I've never used it

#7 general type of body soap I use either a generic castille soap or Dove (sensitive skin)

#8 deoderant, not that I am eating it, but with CC, just want to be safe I use the crystal; you can get it in a lot of places these days, it lasts forever, has no smells, and no absorbed chemicals - fair warning, however, it is NOT an antipersperant, it works by creating a physical layer that blocks the growth of bacteria that feed off sweat and skin and produce the foul smell of BO, so you'll sweat, but (really) you won't smell

#1 type of safe shampoo: Pert Plus, Head and Shoulders, Suave, T-gel

#2 have crest toothpaste, appears OK, hoping it is gluten free: Crest, Colgate Kids, and Toms of Maine

#3 hand soap for the house and bathrooms: Soft Soap

#4 shaving cream for my face( checked with gillette, it appears OK) but can't guarantee no gluten as they do not test for it:

#5 recommendations for a line of makeup/lipstick for my wife, she is not too particular(thank god): Burts Bees, Chicken Poop(lip balm), Signature Minerals makeup

#6 hairspray for my wife, she sprays it, I am sure I inhale some it, thankfully I'm bald so not an issue for me: Suave

#7 general type of body soap: Dove for sensitive skin(its unscented and no dyes) and Gold Bond lotions

#8 deoderant, not that I am eating it, but with CC, just want to be safe: Mitchum unscented solid(yes I sweat alot) or Arm and Hammer unscented. I have not actually confirmed thise products.

#1 I use Giovanni organics and some Shikai shampoos/conditioners are also safe. You can get these at Meijer.

#2 Crest is safe. I also use Colgate sometimes.

#3 Softsoap, Method

#4 Gillette is probably ok if they say there's no gluten in it but don't test. Most companies don't test for gluten, so they're just saying that for legal reasons.

#5 I use L'oreal Coloriche and Lancome L'absolu rouge lipsticks, Burts Bees lip shimmers

#6 Giovanni should be ok here too...see #1 :)

#7 Lever2000 is safe

#8 I use Herbal Clear and it looks ok to me.

What I'm using.....

#1 type of safe shampoo--Garnier

#2 have crest toothpaste, appears OK, hoping it is gluten free--Colgate Sensitive, although Crest is fine

#3 hand soap for the house and bathrooms--Softsoap

#4 shaving cream for my face( checked with gillette, it appears OK) but can't guarantee no gluten as they do not test for it--don't use

#5 recommendations for a line of makeup/lipstick for my wife, she is not too particular(thank god)--Burt's Bees Lip Shimers, Everyday Minerals, Smashbox eye makeup, Loreal Million Lashes Mascara.

http://www.everydayminerals.com/

#6 hairspray for my wife, she sprays it, I am sure I inhale some it, thankfully I'm bald so not an issue for me--don't use

#7 general type of body soap--Dove, also love the Castile Soap from The Soap Shed

http://www.soapshed.com/Castile-Soap-c-288/

#8 deoderant--Dove Sensitive