Robert M.

"brain Fog"

Rate this topic

I apologize if this thread already exists but, has anyone besides me had neurological disorders due to gluten?

Before I started to go gluten free I was having horrible "fuzziness" of the head. Felt detached, confused, forgetful etc... After two days off gluten, fog was gone. just curious because this doesn't seem to be a common symptom for celiac or gluten intolerance from the initial research I've done. Thanks in advance for your response.

Yes, brain fog. I didn't have it myself, but it is one of the most common neurological symptoms of gluten. Do not feel alone :rolleyes: you will find it mentioned a lot on here.

That and fatigue were my two worst symptons. A lot of people on this forum have written about their brain fog. You'll find this forum a great source of information - I know I did (and still do!)

I apologize if this thread already exists but, has anyone besides me had neurological disorders due to gluten?

Before I started to go gluten free I was having horrible "fuzziness" of the head. Felt detached, confused, forgetful etc... After two days off gluten, fog was gone. just curious because this doesn't seem to be a common symptom for celiac or gluten intolerance from the initial research I've done. Thanks in advance for your response.

I didn't realise it was "brain fog" until I started to get out of it. Same with the tiredness/serious fatigue. I always wondered why I had so many symptoms of depression (sleeping, hiding, yuck feeling etc) but didn't think I was "depressed".

It took me about 3-4 months to get where I am now ( the past couple of weeks) where I can have lively and animated conversations, remember lots of things and want to be social. Now I want to get out of bed in the morning and I feel good.

Awesome! thanks so much for your prompt response guys. This will really help put my mind at ease. A million thanks. :D

YES, the severe brain fog & neurological disorders along with depression and memory loss are common with me also along with several other problems.

You will find it will more than likely come back each time you are cross contaminated so I recommend reading all you can here and arm yourself with knowledge to help yourself get better.

Good Luck.

Yeah brain fog and fatigue are my worst symptoms by far.

By the way I correlate brain fog with the day I've been glutened, this normally lasts 24 hours so if you are constantly being hit by the fog then if you are like me you are constantly being glutened.

It is then 2-2.5 weeks before the fatigue goes away for me but brain fog only 24 hours max.