Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

love2travel

Outdoor Temperature Today?

I know the food would be good. Ummm...yes the wind and cold will hurt me!!! I don't want to feel like a popsicle!

So...Thanks, but no thanks!!! :P

Aw, shoot. I thought you might want to inhale the crisp clean air!

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

and flash freeze our lungs so they shatter into a bazillion pieces like glass? :blink:

ah...I'm thinking we're all gonna say....no? maybe in the Spring?

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

and flash freeze our lungs so they shatter into a bazillion pieces like glass? :blink:

ah...I'm thinking we're all gonna say....no? maybe in the Spring?

I think your lungs would go numb first before the shattering begins so it would not hurt as much. :lol: At that point your heart would stop beating first so you really wouldn't feel it and there would be no reason to be concerned. ;)

And our Spring lasts about 4 days so we will have to do some careful planning!

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

I think your lungs would go numb first before the shattering begins so it would not hurt as much. :lol: At that point your heart would stop beating first so you really wouldn't feel it and there would be no reason to be concerned. ;)

And our Spring lasts about 4 days so we will have to do some careful planning!

ooooo....gee,....not really selling us on this, sweetie...

.....would you consider a mail order business for your delicious goodies?? I mean, you've goy the flash- frozen step covered...

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

ooooo....gee,....not really selling us on this, sweetie...

.....would you consider a mail order business for your delicious goodies?? I mean, you've goy the flash- frozen step covered...

Oops - what I MEANT to say is that it is lovely, lush green and mild here. Year round!

:lol: Funny about that flash-freezing thing. You are so witty! I just cannot keep up with you. :P

:lol: Funny about that flash-freezing thing. You are so witty! I just cannot keep up with you. :P

That's only because your brain is frozen, kiddo.

Time for warmer climes? B)

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Noooo...I don't want my lungs to shatter and my brain to freeze! :lol:

Sylvia

Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009

Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010

Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

35 degrees and sunny right now in southwest South Dakota. NORTHEAST South Dakota is supposed to go down to 25 below tonight with a 50 below wind chill. I think I'll stay here in the southern Black Hills where it hardly ever snows and the daytime temps often (not JUST in this unusually warm winter) get up to the 50's and 60's.

gluten-free since June, 2011

It took 3 !/2 years but my intolerances to corn, soy, and everything else (except gluten) are gone!

Life is good!

It has officially started snowing. It isn't cold enough for me to justify carrying my coat to school, but the wind is awful and it makes your eyes water. Supposed to snow 6 days straight.

About 36 and snowing/raining

J,

The news makes it look pretty bad out there....

"LTES"  Gem 2014

It warmed up to -26F - it is practically bathing suit weather! Oh. I forgot. There is some windchill. ;)

72 F.

I'll shut up now.

Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today. ~ Mark Twain

Probable Endometriosis, in remission from childbirth since 2002.

Hashimoto's DX 2005.

Gluten-Free since 6/2011.

DH (and therefore Celiac) dx from ND.

Responsive to iodine withdrawal for DH (see quote, above).

Genetic tests reveal half DQ2, half DQ8 - I'm a weird bird!

72 F.

I'll shut up now.

Oh, how lovely! I am SO happy for you! <_< (Dripping sarcasm - wish I could find a smiley for that!)That is a difference of over 100 degrees. Wow.

Oh, how lovely! I am SO happy for you! <_< (Dripping sarcasm - wish I could find a smiley for that!)That is a difference of over 100 degrees. Wow.

Well, feel free to visit....and not to take advantage, but could you cook while you're here??

Hashimoto's DX 2005.

Well, feel free to visit....and not to take advantage, but could you cook while you're here??

I'll be on the next plane! And yes, I will cook without feeling as though I'd be taken advantage of! :P

I'll be on the next plane! And yes, I will cook without feeling as though I'd be taken advantage of! :P

Excellent!

Hashimoto's DX 2005.

72 F.

I'll shut up now.

aw c'mon!!Now you're just being a brat!! :lol: ..... it's 4 here.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

J,

The news makes it look pretty bad out there....

'tis a lovely layer of ice over the snow. It just now stopped snowing at my house. Waded out to check on the chickens and had to bring them new water, as theirs is frozen.

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"

- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

aw c'mon!!Now you're just being a brat!! :lol: ..... it's 4 here.

If someone asks this question in June I doubt any of you will be jealous. You know, when its 102+???

Hashimoto's DX 2005.

If someone asks this question in June I doubt any of you will be jealous. You know, when its 102+???

THAT is when you go visit LOVE2TRAVEL!!!! :)

By then, it should have warmed up to about 12 or so.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

'tis a lovely layer of ice over the snow. It just now stopped snowing at my house. Waded out to check on the chickens and had to bring them new water, as theirs is frozen.

"waded"??? yikes, how much did you get? (sounds like the deep stuff we usually get)

holy reverse universes, batman---

poor chicks--water bowls turned into skating rinks. :unsure:

Hang in there, J! ;)

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Loves..I wouldn't want your weather..no way..no how! We've had temps way above normal most of the winter so far. It's just turning colder with wind chills below 0. We are expecting 3-6" of snow. I'm watching with a nervous eye as I wait for my call to go to the Mayo Clinic. It looks like they'll be getting snow too?

Sylvia..you can still go..just tell Loves you need to eat BEFORE you shovel..then stall... :D

Prickly..how dare you post those temps! LOL

34F today! All the ice and snow is starting to melt.

Now the flooding....

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"

- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

Now the flooding....

J--Stay safe.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Now the flooding....

You & the kitties can get in the chickies coop and float out to sea on an adventure.

Are the schools & jobs closed still?

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    SDBella
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):