This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Need Celiac Doc For Pregnancy Check Ups!

Celiac Ninja

Celiac Ninja Enthusiast

Title pretty much sums it up. I got celiac pretty bad, am pregnant, and need someone who knows what they are doing to check for the right things for this baby. I could go to the AHCCCS which is reduced health care, but those people probably will have no clue what celiac is.

I may need a naturopath, I'm on a very strict diet and certain vitamins I can't swollow or come right back up.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

pricklypear1971 Community Regular

Are you in AZ?

Call the Phoenix or Tucson Celiac groups and ask for a referral.

StephanieL Enthusiast

If it's between no care and care where you may need to educate them a bit, I would go with the later.

What "things" are you expecting them to check the baby for specific to Celiac?

ravenwoodglass Mentor

If you have no insurance go to your local Social Services office, the criteria for Medicaid is different for women that are pregnant and you may qualify. If nothing else check with your local Planned Parenthood office as they can help you find a doctor or a doctor there can at least check on things. You need to at least have vitamin and mineral panels checked so you can supplement what needs to be supplemented but other than that I don't think you need any special treatment.

When you say you have celiac real bad does this mean you are still suffering symptoms? If that is the case and you are a diagnosed celiac you need to find out why. If you are self-diagnosed and strictly following the diet you need to make sure you don't have something else going on.

Wishing you and the little one the best. Don't put off going to the doctor as your health and the babies health are too important to ignore.

kareng Grand Master

Are you saying you are pregnant and having Chemo for cancer?

"The Quick New Plan

So in Spokane at the doc's office, mom and I were informed that surgery would be the only option for something that was cutting my time short. The tumor was non-hodgkins lyphoma, 4.5x5 inches."

"We can mix up a stronger batch of chemo and use Rituxin before hand...blah blah blah.” Mom and I both exhaled and laughed crazily, commenting that we'd both been praying madly just then."

ravenwoodglass Mentor

"The Quick New Plan

So in Spokane at the doc's office, mom and I were informed that surgery would be the only option for something that was cutting my time short. The tumor was non-hodgkins lyphoma, 4.5x5 inches."

"We can mix up a stronger batch of chemo and use Rituxin before hand...blah blah blah.

Celiac Ninja Enthusiast

"The Quick New Plan

"We can mix up a stronger batch of chemo and use Rituxin before hand...blah blah blah.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Celiac Ninja Enthusiast

If you are preggers and having chemo talk to your oncologist about what to do as far as keeping the baby safe.

My personal blog is not current, it is of the past, I am not on chemo right now.

Celiac Ninja Enthusiast

Are you in AZ?

Call the Phoenix or Tucson Celiac groups and ask for a referral.

Thank you this is a good idea, I appreciate the help. :)

kareng Grand Master

I think you are reading my personal blog that is not a current time frame. This topic here is seperate.

It was posted here a few days ago so I thought it was current. Glad that is in the past!

tarnalberry Community Regular

You may find that your best bet is to find a midwife who is also a natropath. (There are some - one of mine was.) Celiac in and of itself shouldn't require any special treatment in pregnancy - stay gluten free, address any nutritional concerns (which would have to be investigated via blood test anyway.

domesticactivist Collaborator

Whether this can work depends partly on where you are, but I used midwives for both my pregnancies and deliveries at home. My midwife's husband was a naturopath which worked out great. It was about a tenth of the cost of seeing a regular doctor, and my babies and I got much better care!

Archived