This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Cat Advice

kareng

IrishHeart Veteran

An update: First time I have seen them both on Cooper's bed. Its a prime sunshine spot. Sorry its a little small.

Aw, K....that's so sweet. Gracie (our Lab) and Maeve the cat used to do that on her dog bed, too....and Gracie did not seem to mind.

Labs are so tolerant and cool.

I am so happy she has made herself right at home.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GottaSki Mentor

So sweet...

If Niki (dog) is on her bed Shelby (cat) joins her BUT if little ity-bitty Shel is the first to plop down in the middle of Niki's bed - Nik will sniff Shel and then lay down next to the bed - usually because of a bop on the snout from Shelly -- dogs are so sweet - when I see it I remove Shel from the bed accompanied with the prerequisite stink eye from her.

My favorite was when the boys were little we had fancy rats - we taught Niki not to eat them and she ended up cuddling them to her tummy like she was their mother - this backfired on us when some "ugly cousins" of the fancy rats visited our property and Niki would protect them rather than chase them away. Adding Princess Shelby corrected this particular problem :)

Darn210 Enthusiast

An update: First time I have seen them both on Cooper's bed. Its a prime sunshine spot. Sorry its a little small.

Ouch!!! . . . it yelled at me when I clicked on your link (much bigger than what is being shown here, I might add):

Sorry, you don't have permission for that!

[#10171]

You do not have permission to view this attachment.

Need Help?

Did it work for anybody else . . . or is it just me who DOESN'T HAVE PERMISSION FOR THAT! . . .??

GottaSki Mentor

Did it work for anybody else . . . or is it just me who DOESN'T HAVE PERMISSION FOR THAT! . . .??

It worked for me...both firefox and chrome...i have had more gliches with FF to date. I'd add it to Scott's "bug" thread - might help remind folks to post their gliches :)

Darn210 Enthusiast

It worked for me...both firefox and chrome...i have had more gliches with FF to date. I'd add it to Scott's "bug" thread - might help remind folks to post their gliches :)

Will do . . . I'm using FF for what it's worth. Wonder if it's a mod thing versus member?

jerseyangel Proficient

They look so adorable together! :)

kareng Grand Master

Sorry guys. I tried to see it as a guest and couldn't. Maybe only Mods can do this? Right after "The Big Change-over" a member had posted a scan from his computer of his blood work. Maybe that was tweaked out. I put the picture on FB, too.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

squirmingitch Veteran

I tried it as both a member & a guest & it gave me the lockout too.

sora Community Regular

Aww, I wanted to see. It tells me I don't have permission. I am using FF.

squirmingitch Veteran

Forgot to say I'm using Google Chrome.

kareng Grand Master

Open Original Shared Link

I made it my picture. Gracie is the white & black thing by Coop's back end.

Darn210 Enthusiast

I was able to get into that link . . . and I had noticed your av change. Very cute. It's nice that you have color-coordinated pets. :P

squirmingitch Veteran

Open Original Shared Link

I made it my picture. Gracie is the white & black thing by Coop's back end.

Awwwwwwwww, how cute! :wub:

jerseyangel Proficient

It's nice that you have color-coordinated pets. :P

When you see hair on the carpet, they can look at you and say in unison "he/she <over each other> did it!!!" :P

IrishHeart Veteran

She still has the most "clean pets" I have ever seen..... really? a WHITE dog bed for a black lab?

Look at how clean it is! ;) they are adorable together.

Kudos, K.

• 2 weeks later...
kareng Grand Master

Gracie Kitty update:

Not sure how it happened, but, she broke off one of her fangs. It was getting infected. She got a shot of pain killer and a shot of antibiotics yesterday and is still feeling no pain. Gobbled her food and is running around like a crazy kitty. Has to go on Monday to get the tooth root removed.

For a recycled kitty, she is getting expensive. Have to get a pet carrier.....the taped up beer box cannot hold her.

GFinDC Veteran

Ouch, no biting the caps of beer bottles for her then! Karen, you'll just have to spring for real beer bottle opener. :)

IrishHeart Veteran

ah, poor Gracie....who knows how they do these things (trying to bite the vacuum maybe?)

yeah, pet ownership can be costly, My friend's dog gets all kinds of treatments to the tune of $300 a week.

I am sure she appreciates it from the bottom of her kitty cat heart that you're watching out for her..

Wish you lived next door, I have an extra carrier right here. Going to donate it to the vet's office.

Give her some probiotics after the antibiotics (you know I had to say it......)

kareng Grand Master

ah, poor Gracie....who knows how they do these things (trying to bite the vacuum maybe?)

yeah, pet ownership can be costly, My friend's dog gets all kinds of treatments to the tune of $300 a week.

I am sure she appreciates it from the bottom of her kitty cat heart that you're watching out for her..

Wish you lived next door, I have an extra carrier right here. Going to donate it to the vet's office.

Give her some probiotics after the anitbiotics (you know I had to say it......)

The antibiotics were in shot form. Not as big a hit on the gut that way and I don't have to give her pills for 2 weeks! :(

IrishHeart Veteran

Wise vet. :) cats hate pills....mine can spit one across a room.......

kareng Grand Master

Everyone who subscribed to this thread- I am sorry. It didn't occur to me that you would get these testing emails. We mods were testing what happens if someone is warned and how to quickly ban a blatant spammer.

IrishHeart Veteran

I just thought Gracie learned how to work the iPad. :lol:

kareng Grand Master

I just thought Gracie learned how to work the iPad. :lol:

She's strictly a PC girl!

IrishHeart Veteran

She's strictly a PC girl!

....meaning she's able to " control a mouse?." :lol: good kitty

Razzle Dazzle Brazell Enthusiast

My mom has my egyptian mau addicted to cat treats (beef). Both my mau and siamese will only eat fresh tuna or fancy feast with extra gravy..What?! Not my doing but I did train my cats not to get onto tables and counter tops.They also leave all our ornaments on the Christmas tree alone. My mau is the most socially attentive. I have taught him to sit, lie down and come at command. My siamese isnt like that at all. To get his respect, I have to scratch his back, brush him, and play with him. Both of mine are trouble makers to some degree if i dont play with them regularly because they will play with each other and boys will be boys. It usually results in te younger irritating the older when he is done ten they get in fights.

Thats the most important thing with cats, play enrichment. This is how I keep my cats loving me and not wanting me upset with them. Lot os yarn dangling and laser chase and bird stalking

Archived