Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

glutenwarrior

Do The Cross Reactive Foods Hurt Your Body Or They Just Simulate The Symptoms?

I don't see this answered anywhere. I've been avoiding all the gluten. But everytime I eat eggs, for example, that is supposed to be gluten-free, I get the same symptoms.
What I would like to know if any of you can answer me, Is if the cross reactive foods hurt the same way as the gluten, or they just make you feel the same but you are not really screwing your health because they don't contain gluten after all?

Please help me my anti-gluten brothers :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: .

Eggs do not contain gluten, nor are there any gluten "cross-reactive" foods as far as the celiac researchers know.

(yes, there are bloggers and chiropractors out there who say "they exist". ). There is no Pub Med info that confirms these" ideas".

It could just be your system does not like eggs right now.

I can't eat eggs because they bother me.  Baked in things is not a problem. Go figure.

Could be you just have an intolerance for them right now?

Wait a few weeks, then  try one again.

I have looked and I haven't found any peer reviewed research papers that prove the cross reactivity that is often referred to in celiac disease/gluten sensitivity circles.  I have found that I can eat eggs from pasture raised chickens.  I even notice the difference when they start to add the feed for the winter.  Last season I froze a bunch so that I could have eggs over the winter too.  You could try eggs from pasture raised chickens, but maybe you just can't eat eggs.

I'm another that can't have eggs -- not because of gluten, but because my damaged gut can't digest many items properly.  I agree with Irish - remove them for awhile and then try them again.

I can have free range eggs but not the commercial ones. I also have to watch where I get my chicken and turkey. Sometimes I react to it them and other times it is fine. Frustrating.