This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Need Good Gi In North Jersey

sarahnaser

sarahnaser Rookie

After 2 month of waiting i finally got to the GI's office. but this guy was doubtful that my daughter had celiac disease. man i would be the happiest to know she didn't have celiac disease. but i know she has something. i wish some one would tell me. Her blood test came out neg for IgA and transglu.... but positive for IgG.she has the head and body aches the 2 times loose floating stool, stomache aches, lactose intolerace, weak tooth enamal no weight gain in 1 year!!! she is below the 5th percentile while she eats 4 meals and 2 snacks a day!!!!. are these all coincidently?or is there something wrong? if some one can tell me of a good GI in north Jersey.

Thanks

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Laura Apprentice

If you're willing to go to central New Jersey, I really love Dr. Anne Swedlund at Princeton Gastroenterology. I've said it more than once around here, but I consider myself so lucky to have a doctor who tested me for celiac disease the second time she saw me come in sick. I had no chronic GI symptoms, but she was seeing me for the second time with a sudden acute sickness and she said "there's no way you get this sick twice by coincidence, you must have an underlying condition" and she tested me. So she's smart, knowledgeable, and also really nice.

• 2 weeks later...
lesleyag Rookie

Hi,

I'm sorry I missed your post. I wish I had seen it earlier. I swear by Doctor Rahmin, he is in Ridgewood, NJ and diagnosed me after years of problems.

Lesley

• 3 weeks later...
andyc Newbie

If you are still looking try dr. green in manhattan - at columbia pres. hospital

MaryanneQ Apprentice

Try Dr. Richard Mones out of Overlook Hospital or The Goryeb Children's Center in Morristown Hospital. He was the only Pediatric GI listed in New Jersey Magazine's list of the top 100 Dr's in NJ! He's wonderful!

DawnI Rookie

Dr. Joel rosh in Morristown

and

Dr. Peter Green at Columbia

where are you in NJ

I live in Sussex County but work in Morristown

Dawn

• 1 year later...
Funkalicious Newbie

Bumping up this thread for 2005.

I'm have a call to Dr Green but I have a feeling he doesn't take United Health insurance. So I'm looking for other good GI doctors in New Jersey. I'm northern Jersey but I'm willing to travel south.

Any more GI doctors (for adults) to add to the list?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

lauriel234 Explorer

My daughter sees Dr. Elena Treskova, St. Joseph's Hospital, Paterson, NJ. (also has a couple other offices around this same area). She also might be able hook you up with an adult gi.

janicelm Newbie
You can also order direct the complete blood panel from promethius labs in san diego and have any doctor run it. Your insurance may or may not cover it, and for that matter you may or may not want it on your insurance if it comes back positive.

Dh did this for himself - cost $250 or 299 and my midwife did the blood draw (you need lab equipment and the NAME of a licensed doctor).

hth,

Merika

PS. Easier though to just insist on it or find another doctor....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

janicelm Newbie

It depends on where you are in Jersey and your insurance, but I use Hackensack University Medical Center...Dr Wendy Jeshion (she is my friend and child's dr). her associates are also outstanding. I think they take all my patients, including my own kids, very seriously and will find out what is wrong with your daughter. Their number is 201-336-8840.

Has your daughter been tested for Cystic Fibrosis? Has she had an endoscopy or colonoscopy? Her tests are questionable, but has she had a serum IgA done as well? I commend you for demanding good medicine and answers. I am a pediatrician who goes to great lengths for my patients and I tell parents that they are their own children's advocates....you keep asking until you get answers!

Good luck.

Tzipk Newbie

Do you think it's important for a child to be tested if possible celiac or do you think just putting him on the diet is sufficient? My son was tested by allergist but when I went to GI he said keep him on the diet but he probably is only gluten sensitive not celiac

Debra

mstrain Rookie

I was wondering if anyone has gone to Dr. Stein in Florham Park. I found his name in the recommended doctor section at Celiac.com. I'm looking to switch doctors and wonder if he is up to date and celiac-aware.

Michele

• 4 months later...
BetseyCo Newbie

don't know if you are still haviong trouble but dr. schalett in morristown is great- he found my intolerance when everyone else told me i was having nervous problems!

DougC Newbie

Let me second the recommendation of Dr. Jeshion at Hackensack University Medical Center. She is excellent. Their phone is 201-336-8840.

After 2 month of waiting i finally got to the GI's office. but this guy was doubtful that my daughter had celiac disease. man i would be the happiest to know she didn't have celiac disease. but i know she has something. i wish some one would tell me. Her blood test came out neg for IgA and transglu.... but positive for IgG.she has the head and body aches the 2 times loose floating stool, stomache aches, lactose intolerace, weak tooth enamal no weight gain in 1 year!!! she is below the 5th percentile while she eats 4 meals and 2 snacks a day!!!!. are these all coincidently?or is there something wrong? if some one can tell me of a good GI in north Jersey.

Thanks

puppasita Newbie
I was wondering if anyone has gone to Dr. Stein in Florham Park. I found his name in the recommended doctor section at Celiac.com. I'm looking to switch doctors and wonder if he is up to date and celiac-aware.

Michele

I was referred to Dr. Stein by my GP in May 2004 and I will not go back to him. I was having severe stomach problems so he did a biopsy of my small intestine to rule out celiac. Well yes, he ruled out celiac but then pretty much told me to "watch what I eat." Hmph.

I went ahead and had Enterolab test me and yes, they found I have the gene for celiac and am gluten intolerant, etc. A relief to me since I had the answer. During a follow-up with Dr. Stein I brought the results with me and his answer was the same -- he pretty much told me to "watch what I eat." Not very supportive.

• 1 month later...
Thankagirl Rookie

5 years ago I went to someone affiliated with St. Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston NJ, His partner is now a recommended Dr on this site - Dr. Zalman Schrader. I am going to make an appointment with him. The original Dr I saw was very open to everything I said and admitted he had not had too much experience with celiac but after much testing agreed that it was a gluten problem not IBS.

If anyone has had experience with Dr. Schrader please let me know...

ALSO - I need a GP & Rheumatologist that know what they are doing who are associated with St. Barnabas - any suggestions?

I wish there was such thing as a gluten free GP who covers ALL our problems!!!

Sarah

• 5 months later...
Sharon1422 Newbie

Don't know if your still looking....but...Dr. Celebre in Bloomfield is excellent.

I was going another Dr. for a year and he swore it was IBS and then I found Dr. Celebre second visit he knew what to do....

debmidge Rising Star

GI - Dr. P. Sachan on Chestnut St. in Union, NJ

TinkerbellSwt Collaborator

Does anyone know of a dr in the more central shore area of NJ? I need someone serious, who would take this seriously. The last GI I had kept releasing me out of the hospital when I couldnt keep any food in at all. The doc in the ER diagnosed me, but he isnt a GI.

Thankagirl Rookie

debmidge -

I am in Union. Thank you for the recommendation - I think I will give him a call.

Who is your General practitioner? I need one of those too.

Sarah

• 2 weeks later...
Clark Bent as Stupor-Man Contributor
Does anyone know of a dr in the more central shore area of NJ?

I am also looking for a good GI doctor in this area... you find one? if I get a good recommendation, I'll post it here..

I also want to find a new primary doctor (though I don't need referrals for my insurance), preferrably in Monmouth County, who is familiar with food allergies, celiac, candida, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm seeing a GI this week in central jersey and I'll post the name afterwards if I'm pleased with the visit... I know a couple people aside from myself were looking for doctors near the shore and monmouth county part of nj

debmidge Rising Star

Sarah:

I didn't see your post until today 8/28/06

My husband has celiac and his GP disagreed with the GI who made the diagnosis, so that GP is obviously out of the running for you.

I go to Dr. Michele Morandi on Galloping Hill Road, in Union and she has seen my husband for medical consult on occasions. Right now she's on maternity leave until end of Sept. 06.

Debbie

Nic Collaborator

Hi, if your looking for a ped gi in Jersey we use Dr. Misha Tyshkov who works out of Overlook and Staten Island University. As a second opinion we saw Dr. Youseff you works with Dr. Roch up at Morristown Hospital.

Nicole

I'm seeing a GI this week in central jersey and I'll post the name afterwards if I'm pleased with the visit... I know a couple people aside from myself were looking for doctors near the shore and monmouth county part of nj

well, it looks like I'm still looking for a GI... the doctor I went to today told me I might have celiac disease and recommended I get the blood test done and possibly the biopsy.. after I told him I had been gluten-free the whole year and wouldn't test positive, he said it didn't matter as it's a blood test and me having been gluten-free is irrelevant :rolleyes:

Archived