Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IrishHeart

Rustic Pizza Crust ....napoli Herb

Horrid..... just Horrid.

Tastes terrible, broke apart on my oven rack (&# *^$&^%!) and spilled cheese everywhere, so thanks a lot,  you  wankers!

Total waste of money.  I only used these shelf-stable crusts because someone gave them to me to review. (and sorry you spent the $$, sweet friend)

Okay, so I am reviewing: Honestly....do not bother.

Really, I mean it...blech!!! and If you need a good gluten-free pizza crust anyone reading this,.... call me

What the heck was I thinking??? I knew when I saw it,  it was a crumbly mistake..  :lol: But, the friend said "I already thought this too....glad you agree...and sorry about your oven"

.... LOL (er...soooo, can you come clean it then??  :D

this was also a test of "soy flour" which has given me grief in the past....we'll see what happens! 

I got those when our grocery first stocked them. They held together ok but I thought the taste was a bit off. I tried them again a few weeks later, they were dry and crumbly. They weren't past the expiration date but I think that they don't hold up well on the shelf.

I got a Gluten Free Bistro frozen crust. It held up well. Browned nicely with no pre- cooking. Not a lot of flavor but that's OK as I eat pizza for the toppings. A lot of the frozen ones do better if you brush them with olive oil and pre- cook 5-10 minutes.

Agree. I just prefer a soft chewy crust and I can get that if I make my own.

I was disappointed with this crust because all my toppings were superb....but they fell through the crust.

Oh well.... I will try anything once! :)

I am all for the make it yourself route. Homemade is generally better and tastier.

That said, sign me up x1000 for Venice crusts. Yeah, so it is just a crust and not a whole pizza... but this means that you aren't buying a very few low quality ingredients on top of a crust. You have complete control about what goes on your pizza. Plus, they are soy, dairy and egg free. (I think they may be corn free, they have actual sugar in them not corn syrup! I'm not up on all the sneaky corn stuff though.)

As far as just having crusts laying around the house to throw together a quick pizza, these can't be beat. No mystery ingredients, no weirdness. I've only bought maybe 2 frozen pizzas and both sucked. I was so disappointed that I just can't justify spending the money on another to be let down again.

Horrid..... just Horrid.

Tasterrible, broke apart on my oven rack (&# *^$&^%!) and spilled cheese everywhere, so thanks a lot,  you  wankers!

Total waste of money.  I only used these shelf-stable crusts because someone gave them to me to review. (and sorry you spent the $$, sweet friend)

Okay, so I am reviewing: Honestly....do not bother.

Really, I mean it...blech!!! and If you need a good gluten-free pizza crust anyone reading this,.... call me

What the heck was I thinking??? I knew when I saw it,  it was a crumbly mistake..  :lol: But, the friend said "I already thought this too....glad you agree...and sorry about your oven"

.... LOL (er...soooo, can you come clean it then??  :D

this was also a test of "soy flour" which has given me grief in the past....we'll see what happens!

Blech! I know your homemade are as good as it gets but occasionally you just want to try a commercial product just in case it MAY be ok. Sounds downright nasty and disappointing. Sorry about your traumatic experience!!!

Yuck...perfectly good waste of wonderful pizza toppings....and now you have to scour the oven -- double yuck :wacko:

but.....thanks for sharing so others don't waste there time and money on this crust.