Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rae2756

Gluten Free Snack Discoveries!

Hi all,

On my quest for gluten free foods (especially junk food, for the occasion when I go stark raving mad for something junky) I have made a couple discoveries.

1) Wise snacks offers a variety of yummy gluten free snacks. I bought a bag of cheese puffies and plowed through it a couple weeks ago. (Hey, don't judge, the bag was mostly air anyway.) They have a great page on nutritional values and allergen content. Pretty sure Wise can be found in most stores. Wal-Mart and Kroger, at least. Link: http://www.wisesnacks.com/media/6576/wise_nutrition_information.pdf

2) Also, this may be a no-brainer, but Van's natural foods has some delicious cereals that are made from extremely nutritious, gluten free grains. "No empty calories here!" the box boasts. My favorite is Cinnamon Heaven. It's great without milk for a snack, maybe with yogurt or something like that. I bet I could make some yummy desserts with it too. I have found this at both Wal-Mart and Kroger. it's a tad expensive, but if you eat it by individual servings (I didn't with this box, I got a little scarfy again) I bet you can make it last a while. 

Have a great week!

Samara

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

glad you are  finding  some  goodies  you like! Try  Van's  cheese  crackers.....Glutino or  Snyder's gluten-free  pretzels....Glutino parmesan/garlic crisps...plus soooo many more.....

US list for Frito Lay

http://www.fritolay.com/your-health/us-products-not-containing-gluten-ingredients.html

Chex cereals are all gluten-free , except the yucky wheat flavor.

I think Fruity and Cocoa Pebbles say gluten-free on the box?

Most fruit snacks, Jelly Bellys, many candies....... So much junk food..... So tight jeans! :)

glad you are  finding  some  goodies  you like! Try  Van's  cheese  crackers.....Glutino or  Snyder's gluten-free  pretzels....Glutino parmesan/garlic crisps...plus soooo many more.....

Thank you! I'm also a huge fan of Blue Diamond Almond nut thins. So many flavors, nutritious, and low-cal!

Glutino white yogurt covered pretzels are beyond delicious.  I can't keep them in the house, though, or my (non-Celiac) daughter will finish them before I can even get to them!  Ditto Schar Vanilla Wafer cookies.  High calorie though, but sometimes...

Mission corn tortilla chips are gluten-free.  You can make some guacamole to go with them in just a couple minutes.  Corn thins are gluten-free and can be used to hold slurps of peanut butter.  Many Planters brand nuts are gluten-free, but no all so check the label.  You should always check labels anyway of course.  You can try searching on snack ideas to find more threads.

Super Easy Meal Ideas Anyone?
https://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/topic/97027-super-easy-meal-ideas-anyone/

Good Gluten Free Meals Prepared Using A Microwave?
https://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/topic/102685-good-gluten-free-meals-prepared-using-a-microwave/#entry885634

It never occurred to me, having grown up in the town that Wise is based in, that they are a local company. Twice in Utah I have walked into Wal-Mart in the middle of the night and seen a pallet of their chips, squealed in joy and took off running. Everyone probably thought I was crazy, especially when I just started grabbing as much as I could carry... but omg there is nothing like them. No other cheese puffs compare.

US list for Frito Lay

http://www.fritolay.com/your-health/us-products-not-containing-gluten-ingredients.html

I think Fruity and Cocoa Pebbles say gluten-free on the box?

Most fruit snacks, Jelly Bellys, many candies....... So much junk food..... So tight jeans! :)

OK, this cracked me up with the "yucky wheat flavor." I loved that part the best in the Chex Mix. Oh man I would pick it out and slurp it all up! The funniest thing is that for years and years I thought the reason I had "gastrointestinal problems" when I ate all of this was simply because of the extra fiber in all the cereals. 

Live and learn!!

OK, this cracked me up with the "yucky wheat flavor." I loved that part the best in the Chex Mix. Oh man I would pick it out and slurp it all up! The funniest thing is that for years and years I thought the reason I had "gastrointestinal problems" when I ate all of this was simply because of the extra fiber in all the cereals. 

Live and learn!!

Back in the 1970s my mom would make Chex mix. We all, my mom included, hated the wheat ones. But she made us eat them! When my sister & I grew up, we only used the Rice and corn in our mixes.

Glutino white yogurt covered pretzels are beyond delicious. I can't keep them in the house, though, or my (non-Celiac) daughter will finish them before I can even get to them! Ditto Schar Vanilla Wafer cookies. High calorie though, but sometimes...

I can easily down a whole bag of the chocolate covered ones in one sitting. So expensive though and the gluten eaters eat my chocolate covered pretzels!

• Celiac.com Sponsor:

• Forum Discussions

I have been through a year of severe joint pain, headaches and brainfog.  I have been through numerous tests and asked my primary care to check for celiac on a whim.  I have gotten the following labs back and was wondering if anyone can t...
    Dr. Should be reported to the appropriate board in your state.  AFTER, you have new doc in place.
    Thats interesting.What do you take for your gout ? I tried both uloric (febuxostat) and allopurinol and couldn't tolerate either . (In fact, I suspect allopurinol to one of the causes of my neuropathy alongwith gluten). I am trying to control...