Rate this topic

Anyone else have joint pain? I think it is joints..not sure...its my neck bone, my shoulders, my wrists, elbows, and tail bone. They make this crunching sound when I move and they hurt. Any suggestions for natural ways to ease the pain? It's only on the right side. I am trying to move on with my life and act like none of my symptoms happened. I guess that is hard when they keep happening though. It's funny to me that I am actually eager to see the doc on Thursday and get tests so I can move on with life...whatever that may mean. Since I have symtpoms IF my test results come back neg...should I still see what happens to me and go off glueten? Grandpa had celiac, Mom had classic childhood symptoms and some adult symptoms as well. She passed away due to a cancer that started in her lymphnodes (she didn't know until it had spread to many other organs) back in 2005. I am noticing that my problems are food related I just have not been able to pinpoint what yet. What stage of the waiting game are you all in?

me 

Yes food intolerance in general can cause joint pain. I usually have joint pain on my left side (but both knees). I was six months recovering from a sprained wrist, or untill I took some food out and just days later the wrist was fine.

Sometimes elimination is all you can do, if all tests are fine.

Take some Advil or similar.  Suffering with joint pain just makes everything else worse.  Your quality of life is deminished and walking or moving differently can cause other problems down the road.

Sometimes it is just "getting old" or "high humidity" or just because they hurt today.  If you test negative for Celiac, there is no reason whatsoever not to go Gluten Free if you feel it will help you.  We all have the right to eat any way we want.  

Colleen

Nightshade veggies (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers and eggplant) can cause or worsen joint pain in some people. I right now am suffering from joint pains because when they had a ten pound bag of potatoes on sale for $3.49,  I bought them. I have to eat them before they go bad so I have had them for every meal. I KNOW better, but they taste so good. When they're gone I'll go back to eating mostly rice with only two or three potatoes a week for variety, and the joint pains will go away.

Give it a minute. It seems about three weeks ago I was in my 30's. Then I woke up one morning and I was 60! :o

I thought all my symptoms were due to "getting old" . . . after being diagnosed (got tested only because my son was diagnosed) and going gluten free, no more aches and pains, daily headaches, brain fog, fatigue, etc.  It was like I turned back time 10-15 years.

Joint pain was not one of my major symptoms then, but now, if I accidentally  ingest gluten, that is the first thing and it lasts a couple of days.  

Once testing is complete, try the diet, regardless of your test results.  

I wouldn't like to scare you, but as you described the problem with the pain in your joints, those symptoms might also indicate rheumatoid arthritis which is a predisposition for people that have the Celiac gene( i'm not quite sure if you have it or not ). Celiac disease and rheumatoid arthritis have similar symptoms, so if you are gluten sensitive and have been diagnosed with Celiac disease u may also manifest rheumatoid arthritis,so I suggest you should do the blood test and endoscopy, if the blood test is negative and everything is fine and the pain in the joints still continues, i suggest you should get tested for Rheumatoid arthritis. 

I wouldn't like to scare you, but as you described the problem with the pain in your joints, those symptoms might also indicate rheumatoid arthritis which is a predisposition for people that have the Celiac gene( i'm not quite sure if you have it or not ). Celiac disease and rheumatoid arthritis have similar symptoms, so if you are gluten sensitive and have been diagnosed with Celiac disease u may also manifest rheumatoid arthritis,so I suggest you should do the blood test and endoscopy, if the blood test is negative and everything is fine and the pain in the joints still continues, i suggest you should get tested for Rheumatoid arthritis.

Yes, people with celiac disease can develop RA, diabetes type 1, lupus, thyroiditis, etc. since there is strong evidence that when you get one autoimmune disorder, you can get more! But joint pain can resolve on a gluten-free diet for many. For others they may be tested for RA if symptoms do not resolve with a gluten free diet (celiac disease healing).

My blood test last February came back negative for Celiac, but I switched to a gluten-free diet anyway because I'd been having some bad joint pain in my hands and wrists. Lo and behold, the pain went away within three days of being gluten-free. Twice since then I've unknowingly eaten gluten, and both times I ended up with joint pain again that lasted up to ten days. I keep seeing all these articles and videos lately basically saying a gluten sensitivity doesn't exist, but since gluten sure seems to give me pain, I will continue to avoid it for now.