Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LauraTX

What Are You Eating For The Super Bowl?

What is everyone planning on eating for super bowl watching snacks?  I am not a big football person, but I do watch the game and the commercials.  My husband suggested we break out the deep fryer and make fried chicken tenders and fried pickles since it has been a while, and I agreed that is a great idea.  Yum Yum!  Hopefully we can leave some ideas here to inspire our people new to gluten-free and Celiac life.

I marinate my chicken tenders in buttermilk, sriracha, and spices.  Then coat in gluten-free bisquik, and fry.  Really nice to have something like that since I definitely can't go through a drive through and get it like the old days.

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)

I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I was just thinking about that...good timing! I'm thinking about asking the hubs and each of the kids to pick one thing that they really want to have and use that as a starting point.

Your chicken sounds great! I'll be watching this thread for more ideas.

January 2014-Celiac

August 2014- Hashimoto's

"You never know how strong you are, until being strong is your only choice."

Bob Marley

Join eNewsletter

I'm planning on skipping SB and going to the gym instead. That removes the problem of what to serve.

Yes, the opposite of what I am going to do... fatten myself up.  LOL

I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Join eNewsletter

Yes, the opposite of what I am going to do... fatten myself up.  LOL

Lol Laura! We are completely bummed by who's in the Super Bowl...especially my oldest who's a huge 49ers fan...but we're all gonna watch and eat something yummy!

January 2014-Celiac

August 2014- Hashimoto's

Bob Marley

Join eNewsletter

I like to watch the commercials and the half time show. I am thinking of something that doesn't require me to do much - like chili or cheese dip. I don't want to miss the good commercials while I am cooking!

Actually, I did suggest we go completely tongue and have wine and cheese and crackers! Lol

Join eNewsletter

http://www.hillshirefarm.com/products/lit-l-smokies.aspx

looks like no gluten :)  'natural flavoring' but if it was derived from wheat, it has to be disclosed.

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Join eNewsletter

The suggestions at our house so far...wings, nachos, chips and salsa, pizza, crackers, cheese and pepperoni. All from the teenager! It's amazing how much he can put away!

January 2014-Celiac

August 2014- Hashimoto's

Bob Marley

Join eNewsletter

Even though I've been a Raiders fan since 1968, being from New England I can't help but root for them. And I have a friend here who is from Washington state who is of course rooting for Seattle. I could go  (because I haven't owned a TV in decades) to his house to watch the game but I won't.

And this is why - he INSISTS that he can cook for me. His house is FULL of gluten. He thinks I go overboard with my diet. He doesn't really believe in CC. I have explained it to him several times and even pointed him toward articles about it, but to no avail. This guy has a heart of gold, truly he does. He's give me the shirt off his back and I know that. But while his heart is gold, he has a brain of mush. :lol:

I COULD go over there and bring my own food but I wouldn't enjoy sitting there while he tries to cajole me into eating some of his food. As I said, he is a great guy who has done a lot for me and I don't want to get into an argument with him over this.

So...I MAY go to one of the local sports bars to watch it on a big screen TV. But most likely I will stay home, read a good book, and find out who won the next day.

Oh yeah, I'll be eating a bacon egg and cheese sandwichfor lunch, probably some clam chowder for supper, and if I feel like a snack I have some potato chips. Those always go good with a good book. :lol:

gluten-free since June, 2011

It took 3 !/2 years but my intolerances to corn, soy, and everything else (except gluten) are gone!

Life is good!

Join eNewsletter

I've been hungry for bacon wrapped little smokies smothered in bbq sauce.  Believe me, that is NOTHING that I would've ever wanted before celiac diagnosis.  Is it even possible?   Do they make those little sausages that are gluten free?   

Yes those hillshire farms little smokies that arlene linked are gluten-free! :D  I will get those and make pigs in a blanket with them, using the King Arthur Flour gluten-free biscuit recipe.  I am sure wrapped in bacon is totally delicious as well!! Now I want sausages in bacon.  May have to pick some up, LOL

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Ferguston
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics