Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scott Adams

Someone Finally Found The Perfect Way To Make Fun Of The Gluten-Free Movement - Washington Post (Blog)

Washington Post (blog)

Someone finally found the perfect way to make fun of the gluten-free movement

Washington Post (blog)

The best way to put something in perspective might simply be to poke fun at it. An anonymous French blogger has decided to take on the gluten-free movement by stripping any and all traces of the protein, along with any foods that contain it, from famous ...

Wonkblog: A person finally found the great way to make entertaining of the ... Kentucky Post Pioneer

all 9 news articles »

View the full article

Scott Adams

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Founder Celiac.com

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Yeah...No.  Not perfect.  Why the heck do they need to poke fun in the first place?  Yes some people are stupid about strictness and expect the world to cater to their whims, but why not make fun of egocentric narcissists? Those people are the problem, and not the gluten-free food.

I dunno.  Go make fun of how school lunches need to be peanut free instead.  If they still feel good about making fun of dietary restrictions, then maybe I am wrong.

To be honest, I make fun of the peanut restrictions of the school my boys attend once a week (we homeschool).  There are no peanuts allowed but the only person in our small school with an allergy is my son, and it is to tree nuts.... which are allowed.  :rolleyes: We have 6 kids who are celiacs or NCGS and nothing is said.  Oh, and then there was the child with the anaphalactic milk allergy, but no peanuts.... Ooh, I'm off topic. LOL

Nicole 

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993

Celiac - June, 2012

Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Join eNewsletter

lolz, nicole - i agree with you (and no amount of coffee is going to make that stuff 'funny', sorry)  we should all make fun of the people with, say, heart conditions or diabetes..?   a-holes...  i would sure like to know what makes us such a target.  i mean, seriously, i don't give a flying f*ck what other people are eating.  mind your own damb business....   :angry:

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Join eNewsletter

show of hands:  how many of us are offended by pictures that include bread???  geez...  

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Join eNewsletter

show of hands:  how many of us are offended by pictures that include bread???  geez...  

LOL I know!  Right?

Nicole 

ITP - 1993

Celiac - June, 2012

CANADIAN

Join eNewsletter

To be honest, I make fun of the peanut restrictions of the school my boys attend once a week (we homeschool).  There are no peanuts allowed but the only person in our small school with an allergy is my son, and it is to tree nuts.... which are allowed.  :rolleyes: We have 6 kids who are celiacs or NCGS and nothing is said.  Oh, and then there was the child with the anaphalactic milk allergy, but no peanuts.... Ooh, I'm off topic. LOL

Do you know 100% there isn't a peanut allergy at the school?  That information isn't suppose to be shared so there is the potential that there is one unless you know the medical history of every child there.  It may also be something the school wants as a way to entice parents to the school (there are those who do feel more comfortable with a ban).  I am not for bans but I also understand that contact ingestion is a danger, esp. to small children in lower grades.  They can die within minutes. So if you are comfortable making fun of that, by all means, any condition is fair game.   

Join eNewsletter

Do you know 100% there isn't a peanut allergy at the school?  That information isn't suppose to be shared so there is the potential that there is one unless you know the medical history of every child there.  It may also be something the school wants as a way to entice parents to the school (there are those who do feel more comfortable with a ban).  I am not for bans but I also understand that contact ingestion is a danger, esp. to small children in lower grades.  They can die within minutes. So if you are comfortable making fun of that, by all means, any condition is fair game.   

Yes I know, 100%, that there are no peanut allergies at this school unless the parents did not tell the school about it.  I volunteered to run the lunch room and the administration disclosed that there were no peanut allergies this year.  It's a board policy to have no peanuts, and may well be a way to entice parents to join.

It's more that I make fun of the board's policy than the life threatening disease.  I know allergies are not a laughing matter. We have epi-pens for my son's tree nut allergies, but tree nuts are allowed into the school... this is where I see irony.

Nicole 

ITP - 1993

Celiac - June, 2012

CANADIAN

Join eNewsletter

Imagine the public outcry if this was an article making fun of a diabetic diet.

And there's LOTS of people who follow a low sugar diet who aren't diabetic....so maybe they're all following a fad diet?  :rolleyes:

~Ruth

Gluten free since 2/14/2010 after suffering a rare and serious complication from my gluten challenge

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter