This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Lowest gluten mass produced beer?

BarryC

BarryC Collaborator

I am sure this has been asked before, sorry but I thought I would try again. I am on vacay next week and will have a few beers at the lake. There are no gluten free beers available where I live. I would think that some of the mass produced ones-Bud, Miller, Coors, would have more or less gluten than others.  I cant find that info online. I am gluten intolerant not full blown celiac (yet), so a few pops a couple times a year won't kill me.   But my brother in law's BBQ might!

Any advice appreciated! 

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Victoria1234 Experienced

Try this blog: Open Original Shared Link

it has beers tested with strips, and a non celiac , gluten intolerant I believe he said, like you, talking about his experiences. I have no idea how accurate it is, but there are some replies, including celiacs, you can read.

but I would surely rely on a celiac from this site to tell you what's up for real!

by the way, how accurate are testing strips?

kareng Grand Master

If done correctly, they can be very accurate.  But using them on beer is not " doing them correctly".  I believe they say something about that on the package.

I have heard that Corona seems to be very low gluten.  But there is no real reliable way to tell, currently

Victoria1234 Experienced
11 minutes ago, kareng said:

If done correctly, they can be very accurate.  But using them on beer is not " doing them correctly".  I believe they say something about that on the package.

I have heard that Corona seems to be very low gluten.  But there is no real reliable way to tell, currently

Thanks!

the watermelon this year is especially good, isn't it?

and I was just reading that Barry suspects he is celiac, not just gluten intolerant. So I shouldn't really have recommended that website in the first place....:wacko: and now knowing the test strips don't really work with, is it liquid? I'm sorry.

barry here's the last time you asked about beer. Good advice here: https://www.celiac.com/forums/topic/112686-beer-belly-is-it-also-gluten-belly/#comment-951781

kareng Grand Master

I think the tests this guy used are for wheat gluten.  The gluten in most beer is from barley.  That's a simple explanation.  

Ennis-TX Grand Master

I would say stick to ciders, rum and vodkas in mixers. There are some hard ciders (we posted about this earlier in the year) that are gluten-free and taste like beer. You might be better off hitting those up. Or back when I could drink I loved a nice rum and rootbeer, or rum and orange soda at the end of the day. Nothing used to beat a nice whipped vodka and orange soda or root beer.....I miss drinking. lol I s$#& blood now days if I have a single shot.

Archived