This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

How Old

flagbabyds

When were you diagnosed?  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

flagbabyds Collaborator

I was just wondering when everyone was diagnosed.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

flagbabyds Collaborator

i think it is interesting because everyone is diagnosed at different times and when i did my science fair most people were diagnosed inbetween 20-40 and i want to know when everyone else was dx

Guest jhmom

I answered for me but also wanted to let you know that my daughter was dx when she was 8 (it wouldn't let me vote twice).

byuiemily Newbie

Hi, I'm new to the forum. My name is Emily, and I'm almost a sophmore in college. I'm from Kansas, but am going to school in Rexburg, Idaho. I was diagnosed a week or two into my senior year of high school, so I was 17. I turn 19 in two days, so it's been almost 2 years since I found out I had Celiac.

plantime Contributor

Hi, Emily! I'm almost 40, just diagnosed, and living in Southeast Kansas. What part of Kansas are you from?

byuiemily Newbie

I'm from Topeka, born and raised there. Where in Kansas are you at?

plantime Contributor

Between Pittsburg and Columbus. I love this state!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guest DawterAod

I haven't actually been diagnosed with celiac..

But i was diagnosed with a gluten intolerance a year ago, so i would've been 16.

travelthomas Apprentice

I

• 1 month later...
Guest ecko_gurl18

Hi, my name is Sarah and i live in Toronto, Canada.I'm turning 18 next week and i was diagnosed with celiac disease when i was 18 months old. I don't even remember ever eating wheat, but sometimes i wish i could.

flagbabyds Collaborator

Same with me :) Except I was diagnosed @ 20 months, I don't remember wheat, barley, rye at all

• 1 year later...
petlover Newbie

i was elevan and i dont have celiac disease but i am very senitive to gluten, barly, and malt

Asia :lol:

• 1 year later...
dietsoda Newbie

i were diagnosed when i was 2 yrs..

babygirl1234 Rookie

ive been gluten-free since i was 16

Kassie Apprentice

i was diagnosed when i was 14 and a half. i have only had celiac for a little over a year.

Byuemily- i was just wondering, your from kansas why did u come all the way to idaho for college not like its a bad thing, but idaho is just kinda a small not very well known state (i'm from idaho)

Chicklet Rookie

I found out last year so I was 42 (still am) but I wasn't officialy diagnosed. (Sorry didn't notice this was a teen only one, oops. )

zansu Rookie
I found out last year so I was 42 (still am) but I wasn't officialy diagnosed. (Sorry didn't notice this was a teen only one, oops. )

Hey, she gave me older than teen options so I took it! :rolleyes: I'm 44, back in college full-time (masters) :huh: ; diagnosed at 42. hindsight shows it's been active most of my life (enameless teeth!) :D

Carriefaith Enthusiast

I was officially diagnosed around my 23rd birthday. I think it was several days before my birthday!

psawyer Proficient

This is a really old thread, recently revived. I wasn't a teen even when it was started. My official diagnosis was given to me two days after my 46th birthday. I'm 52 now. So, at the moment: I am 15 with 37 years of experience. :lol: My first post here, in 2004, was also in response to a poll by Molly.

Viola 1 Rookie

I was 42 when diagnosed, I'm 60 now ... that's 15 with 45 years of experience :lol: I love that Peter.

Kaycee Collaborator

Me diagnosed at 48, and am now nearly 50

Cathy

quantumsugar Apprentice

Ha, I'm a dork. Diagnosed at 20 (not 22)... I'm 22, which gives me two whole years experience (in a few more months).

jerseyangel Proficient

Wow--this is an old thread! :D

I was diagnosed in June of 2005 at age 49. I had symptoms from about the age of 30.

Shirley and Peter--I'm not sure, what does that make me? :unsure:

Viola 1 Rookie
Wow--this is an old thread! :D

I was diagnosed in June of 2005 at age 49. I had symptoms from about the age of 30.

Shirley and Peter--I'm not sure, what does that make me? :unsure:

:o No one ever gets passed 49 :lol:

Now lets see ... that would be 15 with 35 years experience :rolleyes:

Phyllis28 Apprentice

I was diagnosed in the spring of 1978 at 20.75 years. Yep, that's almost 29 years.

Archived