This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

Rachel--24 Collaborator
NEAR RACHELVILLE MEET-UP ALERT, lol. I saw Rachel again at Dr. S's office. Unfortunately, she was asleep! Looked pretty out of it, lol. Asleep when I came in for my shot, and asleep when I came out, lol. :lol: Rachel, I was afraid to wake you...you looked so peaceful...not comfortable, but peaceful. :P

Donna...you should have woke me up!!!

What was your shot for?? I was aware of a few people coming in and out for bloodwork...but I guess I was really sleeping when you came in!! :unsure:

I've never slept in the IV room before....I didnt think I ever would! I'm always reading, listening to music, chatting, texting, etc. I keep myself busy.

So today I had PIZZA!!! :D

I've been doing SO good with food lately...I even had a slice of regular birthday cake...from the bakery at my work. :o In the past 2 years I havent had ANY of the many cakes we've had for birthdays (including my own!) and other special occassions. This time I had a piece and ate it...frosting and all...without any symptoms.

I've had 2 mishaps. One was 2 days ago when there were fresh baked donuts in the breakroom. I *knew* this wouldnt go over as well as the other things I've tried but eventually....after seeing them everytime I walked by...I grabbed a cinnamon twist. :ph34r:

I only ate a few bites....and within 5 minutes I had a massive headache. Donuts are definately NOT on the list of safe foods!!

I have no idea what it was...maybe yeast?? :huh:

Yeast is probably the one thing that hasnt been in any of the stuff I've been eating....although it *may* have been used in the birthday cake...not sure about that one. I'm thinking if not yeast...than food chemicals for sure would have been the cause for that reaction. Definately not dairy or gluten cuz I've had plenty the past 2 weeks....but in "clean" and unprocessed foods.

So today I felt like the pizza might not go over too well....but OMG...it was PIZZA...I couldnt say no!!! :P

I had one slice without symptoms...I picked off the pepperoni and sausage. ;) Then I went for a second slice. :rolleyes:

Right after I ate the pizza I had to leave work for my IV appt. The pizza gave me some brainfog...a slight burning on my face and I got REALLY tired.

Yeah...not a good thing driving in this weather with brainfog and barely able to keep my eyes open! It came on so fast after I ate the pizza. There was a definate release of histamine...so I reacted to something...possibly yeast.

So far the 2 foods I reacted to definately had yeast in them. Other gluten-filled foods didnt bother me!

I've been very bad with the sweets. :ph34r:

BUT...I'm not suffering from it!

So Donna....thats why I was sleeping...the freakin pizza knocked me out!! It was like when I first started the ketotifen...it just totally made me crash.

I came straight from work...I was totally energetic before and after lunch. For lunch I ate beef, peas, cornbread and sour cream apple crumbcake w/whipped topping. I havent had any problems with those. After I ate the pizza I was KNOCKED OUT. :blink:

I was totally fighting the sleep...I was reading my gossip magazine but couldnt keep my eyes open. Tried texting but everyone was too busy working. :rolleyes:

I had my music on but I just kept dozing off. I dont think I ever really slept for more than a few minutes...at least it didnt seem like it. :unsure: I was REALLY fighting it.

Then once I must have tried to bend my arm and the needle definately woke me up! I didnt have an arm board strapped on to prevent that from happening. I've never needed one cause I've never slept during an IV!

Chi (my favorite nurse) said "Wow...you're really sleeping alot today!" I didnt tell her it was because I got knocked out by 2 slices of pizza right before I got there. :P

I was awake the last 30 minutes of my IV...and I noticed that my arm was getting itchy near where the needle was. I started itching it and I noticed it looked slightly red and puffy. I noticed it more and more as I was sitting there but I didnt worry about it.

Then when the nurse came over to take the needle out she saw it right away. She asked me if I'd moved or bent my arm.

"Ummmm yeah...I think I might have while I was sleeping." :ph34r:

So the needle had come out of my vein and the red puffiness was actually swelling caused by the IV minerals getting into my tissues. GREAT. See...ALL of this was caused by 2 slices of pizza!! :rolleyes:

It was worth it though! :P

The nurse said next time I'm feeling tired I should make sure I have an arm board on. Hopefully it wont happen again.

Donna....no way was I peaceful. I was fighting off sleep...I had music blaring in my ears...a needle in my arm and I kept "jolting" awake every few minutes because I was afraid to sleep during my IV!

Next time you see me like that dont hesitate to wake me. :lol:

How long were you there?? Maybe I was sleeping for longer periods of time than I'm aware of?? :huh:

Andrea called me to check if I was home ok.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
confusedks Enthusiast

Wow Rachel....you had PIZZA!!! OMG! That's realllly crazy, but great for you! What were your reactions to gluten before you went gluten-free? Since I don't know if I have Celiac or not, I am too afraid to eat gluten...but I think the reaction wouldn't be worth it! LOL!

AndreaB Contributor
Wednesday I had an EAV, and some interesting things came up. Lyme didn't show (didn't really expect it to), copper toxicity in my nervous system was big, and the mercury toxicity is methyl- and free-floating at this moment, so we're focusing on chelating it right now. Candidia mix also showed up, along with some bacteria (aspergillus, and another one that starts with a "b" :P), and my neurotransmitters are messed up. I still feel like we're not getting to the bottom of things, though, there has to be something causing all of this... more than one thing, most likely, but we're making some progress at least. :)

Progress is progress, even if it isn't as fast as we'd like.

I came straight from work...I was totally energetic before and after lunch. For lunch I ate beef, peas, cornbread and sour cream apple crumbcake w/whipped topping. I havent had any problems with those. After I ate the pizza I was KNOCKED OUT. :blink:

Boy! You've really been living it up in the food world haven't you?! :o

Do you rotate weeks with the IV Minerals and the Chelation?

aprilh Apprentice

Julie,

I bought the plain old apple pectin fiber today. I just can't get a hold on the "c" problem! Even if I take fiber at night. So I am trying this without the psyllium to see if it helps. It does say to take 1/4 tsp 1 to 3 times per day. Do you find it working for you?

Anyone,

I bought some ionic Magnesium Liquid Drops. Does anyone have any experience with this? It supposed to be easily absorbed.

How much Vit C does everyone take? I am thinking I need to increase mine.

Also, bought some Natto-K for fibrin. Is this okay to take without some sort of plan? For instance, is this going to break down fibrin and "release" lyme like bacterias (lets say if I had lyme - which I don't know as of yet). I don't have any plan on how to deal with that if it happens. Don't want to do anything stupid!!! :(

I don't know whats going on with me.......I just can't get over this slump of tiredness....I am not sure what to take or do. I know I need to work out and I want to start my Hatha Yoga class but when I am so tired its hard to get the energy to do it! I think my liver is really burdened. I am wondering if I am iron deficient.

I bought ginseng drops. Maybe it will give me some energy.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I got the results of my latest provoked urine test. :)

I've been studying it since yesterday...trying to figure out exactly what it means.

Basically the results are very similar to the results of my first challenge.

In the first callenge 9 toxic metals were excreted...in this challenge all of those same metals were excreted with the exception of one (thallium) which was not detected this time. I excreted 8 metals on this test.....nothing new showed up.

The first challenge was from 1cc of DMPS....this recent one was my 5th chelation and was from 3cc's of DMPS.

I would have liked to see bigger increases for all of these metals...especially the mercury. I thought it might be higher since my dose was higher but I also know that alot of times people arent seeing big increases until the 6th, 7th or even 10th dose of DMPS.

The most noticeable difference on this recent test was that my essential minerals are SEVERELY out of balance. I thought my last one (which I posted a few days ago) looked bad...but this one is FAR worse.

I think it may be beacuse I did not get ANY minerals (either IV or oral) in beween my first few chelations. Anna had told me I could not continue chelation without getting the IV's...because my minerals already looked bad based on the the results of the first challenge. I knew I had to get the minerals in but the orals I had were not an option for me. I dont think I started with the IV's until after my 3rd DMPS treatment.

I know from all the research that if the minerals are low....you will have a tough time getting the mercury out. The body is not going to let go of mercury if the good minerals are not there to take its place. The body does better with toxic metals than with nothing at all.

The minerals cannot be neglected during chelation....if they are deficient (and they usually are in a mercury toxic patient)...the body will hold onto the metals.

So thats basically what I thought about when I looked at my new test results. I need more minerals in order to excrete higher levels of mercury.

DMPS has a high affinity for pulling mercury....but it looks to me like it pulled greater amounts of everything else....and LESS mercury was excreted this time.

Nearly ALL of my essential minerals were low this time...and not just slightly low...they were extremely low.

Sodium - very low

Calcium - very low

Magnesium - very low

Manganese - low

Boron - low

Chromium - very low

Lithium - very low

Selenium - very low (this one is essential for detoxing metals!)

Strontium - very low

Vanadium - less than detection limit

Iron - less than detection limit

Zirconium - less than detection limit

So yeah....it doesnt look good! <_<

These ones were elevated:

Zinc - high

Copper - off the charts (not surprising...mercury displaces copper and chelators pull copper out preferentially)

Sulfur - high (not surprising either)

Molybdenum - off the charts

These ones were normal:

Potasium - ok

Phosphorus - ok

These results are NOT PRETTY! :(

Now for the toxic metals. I'll post the results of both tests...side by side.

Antimony

0.5 and 0.5 - identical results

Arsenic

11 and 17 - increase

Cadmium

0.6 and 1.3 - increase

Lead

0.6 and 1.1 - increase

Mercury

2.2 and 1.9 - decrease :o

Nickel

4.7 and 2.5 - decrease

Thallium

0.1 and no longer detected - decrease

Tin

0.9 and 1.7 - increase

Tungsten

1 and 0.3 - decrease

The most toxic metals all had an increase with more treatment...EXCEPT the mercury. <_<

They are obviously coming out but I suspect that I *should* and *could* be dumping much higher amounts. These are all coming out consistently (the same metals showing up) but the increase in levels excreted is not huge. Mercury levels went down (despite higher dose of DMPS) as my mineral situation got worse.

My own interpretation is that my body is holding onto mercury because I'm extremely deficient in minerals. I was much more deficient this time than I was at the time of my first dose of DMPS....and I excreted less now...even though my dose was 3x higher!

My copper was off the chart the first time around at .15....reference range is (.01 - .09). This time its WAY off the chart at .33!

Seems like the DMPS was pulling alot of other things...and not much mercury....even though it did pull out some...which is better than nothing!

So I really need to build up the minerals. I was suppossed to increase this a few weeks ago (after I saw Amy) but I kind of neglected it. Starting today I'm taking daily trace minerals + calcium + magnesium.

I think if I can build up the mineral storage...the metals will get excreted in higher amounts. Hopefully the next time I test there is some improvement with the minerals. I'm actually suprised I excreted all that I did considering how low the minerals were on both of these tests!

It will be interesting to see if the toxic metals go way up once I've been on the IV's awhile as well as taking minerals daily.

I'll probably retest in 4 weeks.

I'm happy with the fact that the metals are coming out...but I think I'd be ALOT happier if the minerals were not so deficient. I think the metals would be coming out much more readily.

AndreaB Contributor

Rachel,

You've definately got to be careful with your mineral levels. I believe that could cause a lot of problems. Anyway you could defer one chelation to give yourself time to build back up?

My doctor won't even do chelation if mineral levels aren't up higher.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Wow Rachel....you had PIZZA!!! OMG! That's realllly crazy, but great for you! What were your reactions to gluten before you went gluten-free? Since I don't know if I have Celiac or not, I am too afraid to eat gluten...but I think the reaction wouldn't be worth it! LOL!

Kassandra,

Its impossible to say what my reaction was to gluten since I reacted to so many things. I react much worse to chemicals in processed foods...and most foods that contain gluten are also containing alot of other things that might be even worse for me.

So I have no clue.

I'm not having any obvious symptoms from some things I'm eating which are not gluten free but I'm very certain that if I tried to eat processed foods (that happen to contain gluten) I would be very symptomatic.

I'm actually doing better eating foods with wheat than I ever did with rice based foods! :huh:

I know for sure that I'm not Celiac....thats not a possibility for me. I was scared to eat gluten because my Enterolab results were positive, because its difficult to digest, its not recommended for anti-candida diet, wheat is a common allergen, it can worsen leaky gut, etc.

I got less scared as I started testing things and noticed no reactions. Now I'm not focusing on buying foods that are gluten-free....but I'm still scrutinizing the labels...and only buying the stuff that does not contain ingredients that I *do* get obvious reactions do...or ingredients that are not natural.

Common ingredients like "annatto", any food colorings, any chemical preservatives, anything high in mold...those are the types of things that really seem to mess me up. A normal gluten filled diet is loaded with all of those things...thats why its impossible for me to say how my body reacted to gluten before I decided to go gluten-free. If there is a reaction...it is very subtle and not noticeable in comparison to the types of reactions I get from the other things I mentioned.

Those reactions are heinous! :blink:

Boy! You've really been living it up in the food world haven't you?! :o

Yeah...I'm racheling GOOD stuff for a change! :lol:

Its ALOT more fun to rachel some cookies and cream cake...rather than beef and peas!! :P

If I'm noticing less reaction now...while I've only had 5 treatments....imagine how it will be after 10...and especially after I get my minerals built up! Hopefully this trend continues. :)

Do you rotate weeks with the IV Minerals and the Chelation?

Yup...next Friday is chelation...then the following Friday is minerals. On Monday I'm going to schedule my next appt. with Dr. S. so I can hopefully get started on Transdermal DMPS and speed up the process. :)

I faxed my challenge results to Dr. Amy and I think I'll email her to see if her own interpretation of my results is along the same lines of what I'm thinking.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Rachel--24 Collaborator
You've definately got to be careful with your mineral levels. I believe that could cause a lot of problems. Anyway you could defer one chelation to give yourself time to build back up?

I could skip treatments and just do minerals....but I dont really want to :P ...especially since I'm feeling ok.

I'm seriously going to work on this and address those deficiencies. If my next challenge results dont show improvement I'll skip a treament or two and just focus on building back up.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Heres another factor that most likely contributed to my problems eating "normal" foods containing gluten.

There are several different chemicals that are used to bleach and mature flour. Benzoyl peroxide, chloride gas, and chlorine dioxide are all used to whiten the flour. Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) and potassium bromate are also commonly added to strengthen and oxidize the flour. Potassium bromate is a suspected carcinogen and has been banned from food in Europe, Japan, and Canada, but not in the United States. Only flours sold in California are required by law to label the addition of potassium bromate. Such flours are often referred to as "brominated".

The chemicals above are potentially toxic, but the safety of treated flour is heavily debated. Some people think that the chemicals only leave minor, if any, residues behind in the bleached flour. Others think that the remaining chemicals pose a more serious threat. Some people are even able to taste a bitter aftertaste from these chemicals

My body does NOT do well with chemicals. I'm pretty sure it wouldnt appreciate the added toxicity from consuming bleached wheat flour.

That could actually be part of the reason I reacted to the donut and the pizza...too many toxic chemicals. All of the baked goods I've been eating have come from whole foods....they use unbleached wheat flour for everything. Its healthier, less toxic, and more environment friendly.

I react to *everything* I try to eat from the bakeries in other stores...and they use bleached flour plus a long list of other chemicals. Not good for those of us who are already toxic!

For some reason I got away with eating that one piece of birthday cake...but I really doubt I could have racheled it the way I've been racheling all this other stuff from whole foods. :P Too many chemicals...a second piece would have probably set me off.

I recall reading that its much more common for people to react to the chemicals in our foods than to the foods themselves. The article had said that most people who thought they were allergic to dairy products were actually reacting to the chemicals that dairy products are loaded with.

I think that has always been the case with me.

I do think foods like dairy and gluten...which are harder to digest....can cause plenty of problems...but I think the chemicals in these foods are often overlooked.

On top of the chemicals listed above...wheat can also contain mercury. The wheat crops are treated with fungicides containing mercury.

miamia Rookie

hope everyone is ok with the weather issues!!!

Just to ring in about probiotics I take metagenics- ultrafloraIB . Its expensive but has more organisms than most(except VSL) and it seems to be the only one i can handle.

I am still having a tough time I had gone up to a full levaquin but now am going back down to half. Last night the flu like symptoms started to return and this morning I really feel it.

Rachel-

I cannot believe all the food you have been eating. Yes i am similar to you chemicals, additives, etc I think may be my main source of reaction. The less ingredients the better for me. Unfortunatly thats why i end up cooking all my own food!!

I don't do coffee enemas but warm water i have the d%$#@#$/ hot water bottle one- but it is designated as the enema bag. I have a seperate hot water bottle i use. I consider it to be my best friend I sleep with it on my belly everynight and in fact have it on my belly as we speak. It is so comforting

dlp252 Apprentice

Hello RobynG, thanks for the into!

Is the lovely storm that is heading my way. The news said parts of colorado will get 10 feet of snow. Luckily it wont hit hard were i am at, or so they say now, we are very close to the area that is getting 4 feet of snow.julie
AndreaB Contributor
I am still having a tough time I had gone up to a full levaquin but now am going back down to half. Last night the flu like symptoms started to return and this morning I really feel it.

Sorry the levaquin has been so rough on you. :(

Are you still on the humaworm or it that done now?

ShadowSwallow Newbie

Andrea,

Thank you, as always, for the encouragement. :):wub:

Rachel,

That's incredible how much you've been eating. :o:D

Mia,

Sorry your treatment's being so rough on you. :(

April,

I just started taking ionic magnesium as well to help with my mineral levels. It taste disgusting, but it tested well for me on the EAV (trace minerals were generally low) .

Donna,

The mercury is actually a recent problem (my body hasn't become too friendly with it yet, yay!) from some contaminated fish oil from Carlson's. :o The new bottle we have tested fine, but the last one was definitely contaminated. :( :( I'm doing a lot of parsley from NutraMedix to clear it up, along with a homeopathic remedy to support my detox pathways.

For neurotransmitters, I tested for a formula called neurolink (don't remember the company), but we had to order it. Should be in by Monday, though. Everything was generally low, except for adrenaline. :P We also ordered some olive leaf extract (in capsules, though :P) from the same company for candidia stuff. Surprisingly my body didn't like oregano oil.

Everyone,

I don't think I mentioned this last time, but on the EAV it showed that I'm having some problems with high blood sugar/low insulin. :( Hopefully getting the neurotransmitters in balance will take care of that, but the practitioner wants the doctor (seeing him 28th) to order a fasting glucose test, etc. :( I've been suspecting some problem with this for a while, and fortunately the levels weren't too far off, but it's still a bit scary.

dlp252 Apprentice

Well, it kind of looks like war zone around here...okay, I exaggerate, but it's pretty messy out there. There is another huge tree down across the street...one fell last year in nearly the same location...just on the other side of the street. As I drove down the street to go grocery shopping I saw another good sized tree down...fortunately THAT one was in a parking lot.

My mom said her power didn't come on until 8:30 last night...so it was out for over 9 hours. Fortunately for them, they have a gas stove, so they can still cook and heat water and stuff like that.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Well, it kind of looks like war zone around here...okay, I exaggerate, but it's pretty messy out there. There is another huge tree down across the street...one fell last year in nearly the same location...just on the other side of the street.

Donna...I remember when you posted about that tree falling down! Wow...its been a whole year! :blink:

Apparantly, I was spared alot of the storm drama...I barely noticed anything...except that it was raining hard at times. :huh: I was cursing the wind a little because I HATE wind....especially when its flipping my umbrella over! :angry:

I was inside my store all day except when I left for lunch. The wind didnt seem too bad....well I definately didnt like it...but it didnt seem as bad as what I've been reading and hearing about. :huh:

We never lost power at my store...or at my moms house. I guess we lucked out. :)

I used to LOVE it when the power went out at work...but its not much fun now that I run the dairy dept.! I start stressing out about my cases getting too warm.

My best friend is store manager at another store in Mt. View...she was NOT happy yesterday! She had to deal with lots of storm drama...they lost power and she had all kinds of issues to deal with. When I talked to her she was dealing with the roads and the traffic on her way home to a house with no power. :(

When I got to Dr. S.'s I parked in a spot away from the building. I noticed a small tree branch in my spot. I look up and theres a big tree....I decided to park close to the building. :P

The last thing I need is some big tree or big branches falling on my car!

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I'm driving home today...I'm kind of worried about what I might find. :unsure:

I have no idea how strong winds were in Manteca yesterday. A few years ago I was in the bay area for the weekend and when I got home the whole backyard looked vandalized. My patio furniture was scattered all over the yard. My BBQ (which is big and heavy) was lying on its side on the lawn! I have one of those patio fire pit things that is VERY heavy....I had put wheels on it so that I can move it around. That thing was also on my lawn!

Small trees in my yard were uprooted and worst of all the table of my patio set had blown over and the glass had shattered into a billion little pieces. :(

Everything in my yard was brand new at the time...and there was alot of damage. It seemed like a mini tornado had landed right in my yard! There wasnt any sign of damage in the houses around me...or in my front yard. :huh:

The only reason I didnt report it as vandalism was because I had found out it had gotten VERY windy the night that it happened.

I hope I dont find anything like that this time!

tom Contributor
I just got back from watching my 2 little boys play hockey, it was so much fun to be out there watching them and feeling good enough to yell and cheer them on.

Yay paula!! That's so great! :)

confusedks Enthusiast
Sheesh, the instructions look really complicated, lol...I used to give my dog insulin shots and it wasn't that involved. :P

That's interesting. They didn't give me any instructions other than "insert into the buttocks at a 45 degree angle." Lol! I think it would have freaked me out if there was more info...lol.

Everyone,

I don't think I mentioned this last time, but on the EAV it showed that I'm having some problems with high blood sugar/low insulin. :( Hopefully getting the neurotransmitters in balance will take care of that, but the practitioner wants the doctor (seeing him 28th) to order a fasting glucose test, etc. :( I've been suspecting some problem with this for a while, and fortunately the levels weren't too far off, but it's still a bit scary.

I hope that that's not a problem for you. That's scary. I once went on a new BCP and I just got realllly thirsty and started peeing a lot, so I called my PCP, not thinking it had anything to do with the pill. He panicked and wanted to do a glucose test, etc. and we totally freaked out, but then I called my ob and she said it was a side effect of the pill! :lol:

It was scary. I hope everything works out for you! :)

Everyone,

I have been having the most vivid nightmares!!! Ugh, they are terrible, and terribly real for some reason! Ahh, they are so scary!

AndreaB Contributor

Rachel,

I hope you don't find anything too amiss when you get home. That last storm sounds awful.....that's alot of stuff to be thrown around.

Tom,

How've you been? I was wondering how you weathered the gluten at your sis's house.

AndreaB Contributor

Kassandra,

Sorry about the nightmares. :( Doesn't make for very restful sleep. I suppose they have something to do with the meds/lyme?

Birdy,

Carlson's was contaminated! :o I thought they had pretty stringent testing proceedures. We are on Nordic Naturals.

confused Community Regular
Yay paula!! That's so great! :)

thanks tom, it was so great and today in a bit im going to go watch my ss play basketball, he was supposed to have a game 4 hours away and i was freakin out, its a blizzard were he was going, but luckily they cancelled and now have a scrimmage here, so im going go watch him play, cause im feeling pretty good again today, even tho i couldnt sleep at all last night.

paula

confused Community Regular

Kassandra,

I have been having them to, the other night i had one about an huge snake, i think its all the talk about the humaworm and carlas 7 foot thing lol. It was so scary. Last night i had bad ones again so i stayed up most the night then before i knew it my hubby was up to go to work, so i didnt get back to sleep til 5 and my phone rang at 7, but those 2 hours of sleep were awesome lol

paula

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I finally get to catch up on reading this weekend. :)

My mom's hubby (who teaches at night) was on vacation all week. He likes to spend alot of time on the computer so I wasnt able to get on much at all.

I think I'm pretty far behind. :(

About the nightmares....I used to have them almost every night for 2 years straight! It totally stopped once I changed my diet. :)

I think for me it has alot to do with the toxicity in my body. Whenever I have bad reactions to food...I'll have vivid dreams that same night. The rest of the time I wake up and dont remember having any dreams at all.

Yesterday I had the reaction to the pizza and last night I had a bad dream!!

I dont have CRAZY nightmares but about 8 months after I got sick my relationship ended and it was REALLY hard to deal with since I couldnt handle even the tiniest bit of stress or emotional upheavals (is that a word? :unsure: ).

I had nightmares about it EVERY night...I think because my body just couldnt deal with it. It was just *there* and I couldnt heal from it and move on.

So once I started reducing my exposure to toxins those dreams no longer occured. Now whenever I do have a dream (and its really rare) its ALWAYS the same thing coming back up!

Even though I'm not thinking about that anymore and even though I'm happy...I know that because of the constant stress on my body I have still not been able to deal with this like I would have had I NOT been sick.

I think all that stress I went through was totally toxic to me and its still there as long as my body is burdened by so many other factors. I bet it will really come up when my body is finally able to deal with it after the metals and infections are cleared out.

In the meantime I think I'll always have these bad dreams whenever my toxicity goes up.

tom Contributor
Tom,

How've you been? I was wondering how you weathered the gluten at your sis's house.

Well, I don't think I got glutened, as I'd expect that to be vomitous. I think my last glutening was March 15 2004, so I can't really say I know what the reaction would be.

Unfortunately, most of the trip I felt just crappy enough to not have any fun. Could barely force myself to eat on too many days, but at least it reduced the chance of CC!!

I'd started having night sweats and when I looked it up here, many said they get that from a glutening, tho I might still lean more towards it having been a mold issue.

Low back was incredibly stiff and somewhat painful while there and that actually seemed to go away just during the wait in the airport to leave!!!

Andrea, I sure am glad I saw you on my 1st full day there!!! :) :)

If we'd planned for after Christmas I might not have made it. :(

confusedks Enthusiast

Rachel,

That's interesting about your dreams. I seemingly react to everything I eat, so I don't think it has anything to do with that, or I'd have dreams every night...lol!

Paula,

That sucks you didn't sleep well...that's no fun at all! I didn't fall asleep until about 12.45, but I think that's because of my 3 hour nap. But it doesn't really matter because today is a b-12 shot day, so I have energy from that! :) I keep having dreams about office buildings right by my Hematologists' office, I think I'm worried about that appt. next week...lol.

Andrea,

Yea, I must be herxing because I have had a lot of air hunger, etc. the past couple days, along with the dreams/nightmares. It must be the meds and/or lyme being stirred up.

Archived