This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

Nyxie63 Apprentice

Oh yeah, the CT scan was of my head. Hubby wants me to do something artsy with all the CT and u/s I've collected. Maybe a collage? I know a little about print making... could be another career. :D

Wormwood is the active ingredient in absinthe. Granted, taking wormwood capsules probably won't give the same reaction, as the capsules aren't distilled and concentrated. It used to be commonly used to treat worms, as was tobacco believe it or not. Farmers used to give their livestock cigarettes to eat on a regular basis as a cheap de-wormer. Wondering now if my misspent youth and occasional chasing of the green fairy has helped to keep my parasite load down? :P

Paula,

Have fun today!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elisabet Contributor
Dear Kristina,

I am sorry you still have that stupid flu. :( It is no fun! You sure are amazing to be able to go to work in that state! I admire you for sure! Being chronically ill is bad enough, but to catch that nasty bug on top of it is extra terrible.

You may not react to the veggie burger right away. Some people have delayed reactions. It can take up to a few days after eating a food to react to it. Keep your eyes open for symptoms. It would be great if Celiac is not the trouble. Gluten intolerance can be temporary. A lot of people with yeast develop it.

Dear Mia,

Sorry about the Levaquin still giving you a hard time. Improvement cannot come soon enough when you are miserable. Carla took quite a while before showing a decrease in symptoms. Hopefully, you will begin noticing some good things soon. Just take it as easy as possible in the meantime.

Sonograms are not bad. The difficult part for me was not being able to eat. They did one on me for my gallbladder. Nothing showed, though. An abdominal ultrasound also is used to detect liver problems.

Colonoscopies are not fun. I had one on top of intercolisis, a gastric emptying study, and an endoscopy while up at IU Med. They nearly killed me! However, these doctors you have are obviously more intelligent and capable. I had a whole team of morons working on me up there, and I do not even know if they took a biopsy. If they did, it is doubtful they were looking for Celiac.

Basically, it is like everyone else said. They gave me eight laxative pills and two oral enemas. It shot out of me like lightening. I was later told that I was very clean inside. :lol: You have to only have clear liquids for the day prior to the test on top of drinking the Golightly preparation. I was unable to drink that much at once, so that is why they had me do the other stuff.

Once you are cleaned out, they have you taken to the procedure. You can do this the same day, or be put in the hospital to do it. They have you put on a gown, lay on a gurney, turn on your side, and then attach an IV to you. Some people choose to be awake, while others prefer to be put out. I was put out. When I woke up in recovery, I got a soft drink. :) I also got my pictures, which was kind of neat. The colon looks like a pink cave.

I hope you start feeling better soon. It is difficult to deal with all of that stuff. Things should work out somehow. Just keep thinking as positive as possible. I am pulling for you!

Dear Sherry,

I had heard similar things about wormwood. Narcotic effects is what it was often used for. I have never tried it. I figured by its name it must have anti-parasitic properties. That was the only thing that made sense!

I am glad the gua sha was less painful this time. It sounds like you are removing your toxins! Every little bit helps. Maybe you will get the chance to do it before leaving to the U.S. I hope you do!

I could not imagine having to go everywhere by motorcycle in this cold weather! That must be uncomfortable! Maybe things will warm up a bit over there! We can hope. Bundle up!

That is great news about your enzymes! I am glad. We were worried. Liver enzymes are weird sometimes. Those anti-fungals and abx can really do odd things to your system.

Dear Julie,

I have heard a lot about wormwood as a narcotic, but not as medicinal. The name reveals a lot. Killing worms must be what it specialized in. Many people named plants by their uses. Some have been used for centuries.

Thank you for the enema information! :) Acidophillus enemas would probably be helpful for me. Since yeast hides in the colon the most, that would be a good way to flush it out. Enemas can help prevent severe die-off when trying to eliminate Candida. I will be sure to keep the lemon water and coffee enemas in mind. I am not sure if I am brave enough to attempt those just yet.

Coffee enemas may not do anything but add more stress to my system right now. I am concerned about my liver being stressed. Not having a gallbladder adds to this, I am sure. I get pain there all this time after surgery. I worry about having stones in my bile ducts. :unsure:

I did not know menstruation relieved our body of toxins. That is cool! This might explain why my menstrual blood smells so toxic. It also is very dark. Should I be worried?

Parasites do hide in many places. It is kind of scary. Treatment can cause major problems if done improperly. Seeking a professional is important with those things. Doing stuff on your own can ruin your body.

Candida and I! :lol: This is the story of our lives. My show would be The Yeast Years. Stupid yeast drives you crazy! No matter what, it manages to survive.

Dear Andrea,

I do not know why the board does that. My post notifications come most of the time. Every now and then they do not. Once per thread is the average. I have gotten numerous notices at times, though.

Have you tried going without the probiotics? You mentioned doing that. Mercury can methylate when L. Acidophillus comes into contact with it. I am still taking mine faithfully every single day. I get ill if I miss a dose.

Insurance companies suck. They screw everyone. These people will do anything to get out of paying a bill. Who cares if it is Cancer? It is all about money, and they do not want to pay. :angry:

Finding practitioners in ASYRA and ART will be unlikely in my area. I should contact Scott. Do I just go to the site, and e-mail him? Is that how it works? I have never done this before.

Dear Kassandra,

Getting school work done is difficult while trying to keep up with this thread! Back when I was finishing my Associate's degree, I had that predicament. Even people not in school have a hard time keeping up with us! Try to pace yourself. That is the best thing to do.

I would love to do live chat with everyone, too! I will send a PM to anyone interested. I can also e-mail people privately with my AIM ID. That might work better. Let me know which you prefer.

My reactions to gluten are almost immediate as well. Sometimes I react before I can finish eating something. Other times, it can take between 30 minutes to 2 hours after I eat. It does not matter if it is cc or not. I am extremely sensitive, so it can be the most microscopic amount and I will react as quickly as a person would who ate a slice of bread.

Thank you for the information on ferritin! Maybe I should have that checked. My fatigue is pretty bad. I do have times where I have a burst of energy, but it rarely lasts more than a couple of hours. Do you get sicker if you do too much in a day? B Vitamins do help, but I need to find a sublingual version, since I do not think I am absorbing any through my gut.

The 6WMBO is a smart plan. It is about health. That is why it is so great. Most focus on you being skinny, not thin and healthy. I really am anxious to do this. I will let everyone know when I order it.

I am laughing about your friend doing the Special K diet. I used to do stuff like that. I tried every new plan as a teenager. I have always been a fitness person. It is amazing what you realize later on that what you did before was so unhealthy and really did not work.

I used to have periods like that, too. The Depo is the only thing that stopped them. I used to be anemic from the heavy bleeding. Cramps were so bad the first few days, I could not even stand straight. It would shoot from my uterus down to my rectum.

Yes, I am awake. I am a nervous wreck about my appointment. I hope things go smoothly. I really have to get this tooth out. Sorry you are not sleeping. I have a lot of days like that, too.

I recall the Spanish settled in Florida. The Dutch have territory in PA. English colonies were settled specifically in Plymouth and Boston, MA, along with VA. Remember where Pocahontas lived in Jamestown?

Swedish settlements I am not sure about, though. Thank goodness Nyxie found that info!

Dear Donna,

Your weather sounded pretty scary! We have had that here a lot. The other day, it rained like crazy. Just what this house needs, more mold! Our siding came off because the wind was so bad. We are not sure if we can get it back on ourselves.

That Pectasol sounds like it was helping you. Maybe you should get more? It is a shame so many of these supplements are expensive. I hope you can buy more soon. This seems to be a part of the C puzzle.

I am a quick typist. I average about 60 wpm with 99 percent accuracy. There are slow days, though. Thanks to this space heater, I do not have such an issue with that lately. Cold hands make typing difficult.

The link between copper and adrenal exhausting is interesting. I have no clue about my levels. I do not think I was ever tested for those. Maybe I should be. The trouble is affording it.

I react similarly to sedatives and anesthesia. At the time they did my tests, I was underweight. That probably made it harder for me to recover. It was quite unpleasant. I think they overdid the drugs.

I remember high school. It sucked! I wish I was not afraid to be myself. I am proud of who I am now. I wish I knew then what I know now. That is one way this illness has been a blessing.

I did not eat anything after my colonoscopy. I was incredibly drugged. They did my tests one after the other. Over a 4 day period, I did all of them. I will never do any of that again!

Dear Lisa,

I had no idea they did accupuncture in the gums and labia! :o That is news to me! I am not sure I could have someone doing that to me in that personal spot. What do they treat by placing the needles there?

I know there are specific places to put the needles for various parts of the body.

Congratulations on going so long without ice cream! That probably has been a challenge. You get addicted to stuff. I am not a big ice cream person, but now that I cannot eat it, I miss having it. Is that odd, or what?

I am glad your laser therapy went well. Progress does not come fast enough for anyone. You know how that goes. I am anxious to get the ball rolling. The trouble is figuring out how to do it.

Perfume really bothers me. I actually get queasy and even ache all over from it at times. My mother wears it. Dad wears cologne. The spray for the dog also bothers me a lot.

It is not surprising your toxins taste metallic. That makes sense. You have a lot of metal in you. My blood smells and tastes very metallic. I have a bad feeling about that. Was Dee alright? She must really have been affected by your toxins!

I probably have parasites, too. Candida tends to have them with them. I get so frustrated with that.

The idea of a worm being in there is scary. It is also gross. What can you do, though? They really are better to remove than keep.

If you woke up in the midst of the colonoscopy, then you had to not have had enough anesthesia. My brother had something similar happen. They must have bruised his colon. His doctor was rough. He was very ill after the procedure.

Dear Paula,

Chat can easily be done on AIM. All you have to do is log on. Then, go up to My AIM. You just send an invite to the person you want to chat with. After that, you do more and invite them in that way. If you want, I can do this for us. It may not be easy to set up a time, since we all are on different time zones, but we can try! I can PM you my name on there when I type out the list for eliminating on the Candida Diet.

That is awful your computer crashed! Thank goodness you got it up and running again after a couple of hours! These things just do not want to cooperate, do they? Mine has moods. Somedays, it just plain will not work.

You probably got sick from being hungry due to the blood sugar. Mine gets low and does that to me. I get nauseated if I do not eat on time. Getting shaky, dizzy, sweaty, and having heart palpitations is common with hypoglycemia as well. Be sure to eat 15 grams of carbohydrates with some protein to help keep blood sugar steady. I even have to wake up in middle of sleep to go eat something.

What the heck made your microwave explode? Was it due to cleaning up after the mold? Or, was it something else? Our circuit blows all the time in our kitchen. The guys who installed our microwave messed something up. This never happened before we got it in!

I am glad you got a confirmation! That helps a lot. Now you know you are on the right track! Treating it can be frustrating. There are problems to deal with. At least your way of eating is pretty close to what the diet is already.

I hope you had fun at the hockey game! Who won? It would be nice to go to a game. I never get to do anything like that. I barely get out for doctor's appointments.

You can have parasites and be overweight. Sherry said she had them, but was not skinny. You would think you would be stick-thin. Keep in mind that our body sometimes swells with fluid to pad the organs and protect them. This is referred to as false fat. People with food allergies often lose a lot of water weight after removing the allergenic food from their diet.

Was it you who asked about doing that olive oil/lemon juice cleanse? I have not tried it. Intolerance to fat left me afraid of trying it. I heard of a gallbladder cleanse with olive oil and psyllium husk, too. Since I do not have one of those, and cannot tolerate psyllium, that probably would not help me much!

Dear April,

Lyme symptoms do flare with your hormones. My situation tends to be similar. I have been having a period off and on for the past three years. I have no idea why. Breakthrough bleeding is not uncommon with the Depo. Still, why would it begin after I had already been on the shot for so long?

Yes, there are parasites you can get in your brain. One of them is called a fluke. They have been mentioned in Alzheimer's patient information. I read a book called "Beating Alzheimer's" by Tom Warren.

He had them. You never would suspect those things to end up there. Worms can travel to the brain, too.

Good luck with the new doctor, today! He sounds very good! Plus, you are all organized. That helps a lot. I am sure he will appreciate that.

I was a nerd in high school. I still am a nerd. Being a dork is just natural for me. Intellect is something I cannot live without. Mental stimuli is important for me. My father is that way, too.

Dear Carla,

I always feel worse during the time my usual cycle was. That would make sense if this is Lyme. I know something is bad wrong. No one feels this bad all of the time unless something is seriously messed up in their system. There is just too much wrong!

Thank you for the Lyme chat links! I may pop in there this week. This would be interesting. I might learn something from people on there. Information is important.

It is good that you gained 6 pounds back. I can see why you do not want to gain any more. Losing weight is my goal. However, I want to have some muscle. Tone is good to have along with looking lean.

Your last herx seems to have put you through the ringer. That does not sound fun at all! I hope you begin recovering more. Herxes are kind of weird. You might have one that is not bad at all, and another that is terrible. I am glad you are doing better now. Maybe the trend will continue!

The laser seems to be nice to have! I would love one. My parents were intrigued. I would need to stick that thing on my stomach. That is where my biggest issues are.

Dear Birdy,

That copper toxicity info was interesting! Thank you for posting it! I never knew some of this. Someone my best friend knows had it, and she was horribly sick. I think she recovered from it, though. She had all kinds of food allergies.

I ordered my IgeniX test the other morning. It probably will take a couple week to get here. I think it comes from California. I need to call the doctor's office and let them know I ordered it. The woman on the phone also was wonderful and told me which test codes for the WBs. There is no way she can back out of helping me now!

Let us know when you go to BioSet. Everyone will be anxious to hear what showed up. I am so glad you are going to see the LLMD next month! That will be a great help, I am sure. Just hang in there!

What a relief the liver pain going away must be! Ionic magnesium sounds like wonderful stuff! I would not mind trying some of that. My liver is probably very stressed. There is no telling what all is going on in there.

What a bummer about the h. pylori. That is one awful bacteria. Killing it is very difficult. If it gets buried too far down into the lining of the stomach, very potent antibiotics are the only hope. At least, according to my research, that was the case.

Dear Rachel,

Thank you for the parasite info! Who knew? These things are very interesting. Gross is another good and accurate thing to use to describe them. Still, all the more fascinating they become. Talk about mixed feelings!

ART would be great to get the chance to do. So would BioSet. Do I just e-mail Scott? Is that how this works? You go to his site, and just e-mail him?

Not many people were good students in high school. I was great at history, art, foreign languages, English, and some others. I did have more trouble in science and math. Part of it was our teachers. They were mostly coaches, and did not hold a degree in the subject they taught.

Self-treatment is a bad idea. You always end up hurting yourself. That is why I am afraid to do anything. Harming yourself can occur. People need guidance on these matters.

Dear elisabet,

Welcome to the thread! I think Rachel just had her mineral levels checked. She has been undergoing chelation treatments recently to remove metals. Minerals are often low when doing this. As a result, Rachel gets IVs with minerals every other week.

Dear Nyxie63,

Osmo Prep sounds much better than what I had! Golightly does cause explosions. I could not drink that stuff. So, they gave me eight laxative pills and two oral enemas. Talk about explosive! I was very cleaned out. The pictures were kind of neat, despite the fact it was the inside of my butt.

That information you found for Kassandra is great! I marked those sites. I like history! It would be interesting to read some more. It has been since like eight grade for reading some of that stuff!

Dear Laurie,

I know how you feel! Doctors here are the same way. They have no idea. I am tired of this wait and see crap. It is not their life that has been put on hold all of this time.

Dear Everyone,

Well, I am busy being a nervous wreck about my appointment. It is at 11:15 am. I hope I make it through. This stuff stresses me out so much! I wish I could stop worrying about this stuff.

Sincerely,

Jin

Dear Jin,

PTH and calcium metabolism is my field,theoriticaly she should have an elevated PTH and elevated ionized calcium,which is much different from total calcium,I was just wondering how it is,I am looking forwaed to hear from Rachel.

Thank you for the reply.

take care elisabet

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

hi all

Rachel, just tried to send a PM in answer to yours

one went but now says that the mail box is full.

just wanted to let you know.

hugs

judy

AndreaB Contributor

I've caught up but need to get out of here and get some food before I run out of energy......it's usually a 3 hour trip overall.....sometimes less.

Jin,

Hope your appontment went/is going well.

Nyxie,

:lol: :lol:

Mia,

Keep us posted. I hope you can get in with the muscle tester.

melmak5 Contributor

Jin - thanks, no odd body reactions thus far... perhaps I am in the "gluten clear"

Mia - I had a very bad reaction to the colonoscopy prep... but i think i am in the minority

drink more fluids than you think is humanly possible

the dehydration headache is pretty bad

have a variety of prepared foods ready for when you get home... even though you probably won't be hungry

the procedure itself is almost nothing

if they take biopsies, you might experience some bleeding for the next day, and thats normal (they tell you this, but its hard to remember when you are all loopy)

confusedks Enthusiast

Jin,

You can email or PM me...I don't care. I didn't know you "order" the 6wbmo....what's to order? I think it's a great plan. Also, it can help you get into the idea of a no sugar/yeast diet. ;)

Yes, I get sicker if I do too much in a day. Except I am a little more willing when I know the next day is a b-12 shot day. :P They are great!

I hope your dentist's appt. goes well!

Andrea,

3 hours! :o What takes so long?

Carla and April,

I hope your appt's are going/went well! Can't wait to hear about them!

Everyone,

OMG...I didn't fall asleep until 4.15 and I kept waking up throughout the night...it was AWFUL! I wonder if I was too excited about the movie I saw earlier (27 Dresses at a private screening :D). That was pretty annoying though.

I want to talk to Dr. H about getting something for sleep, but I don't want to get addicted to anything.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Dear Jin,

PTH and calcium metabolism is my field,theoriticaly she should have an elevated PTH and elevated ionized calcium,which is much different from total calcium,I was just wondering how it is,I am looking forwaed to hear from Rachel.

Thank you for the reply.

take care elisabet

Elisabet...

I dont know anything about PTH or ionized calcium. :huh:

OK...obviously thats not my field. :P

All that I know about my calcium is that its all out of whack...I'm very deficient. Taking large amounts of calcium doesnt help....it doesnt get to where it needs it go.

In my case the problem with metabolizing calcium is more than likely caused by mecury. It should resolve when the mercury is no longer an issue for me.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Rachel--24 Collaborator
hi all

Rachel, just tried to send a PM in answer to yours

one went but now says that the mail box is full.

just wanted to let you know.

hugs

judy

Thanks Judy...

I got your first PM. :D

You can always send me an email if my box is full. :)

Mia - I had a very bad reaction to the colonoscopy prep... but i think i am in the minority

You're probably not in the minority in this thread...my colonoscopy prep was a nightmare! The actual procedure was a breeze.....but the prep was a major heinosity. Very bad reaction to the prep. I think the day I went in for it my mom had to hold onto me because I couldnt walk very well on my own....that was because the prep messed me up pretty good.:(

I wonder if I was too excited about the movie I saw earlier (27 Dresses at a private screening :D). That was pretty annoying though.

Kassandra...I've been looking forward to seeing this...was it good??

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Donna,

Lisa definately has a wicked sense of humor! :lol: She is so much fun! Even at her sickest, she cheers us up! Laughter is good medicine. It is also free!

They took great pictures when I had my procedures. I had my endo/colonoscopy done all at once, too. God, I was just thinking about that. I really hope they put the scope down my throat first. It would be so wrong to put it in your butt first.

Dear Nyxie63,

Your holiday cards sound like a great idea! I wish I had thought of that. :lol: I will keep this in mind for next time. Those would mostly go to relatives. So many pain in the booties! It is surprising that they did not take pics, though.

The CT could be cool. Collages are something that are fun to make. Go for it! Art can be anything. As you said, a whole new career!

That is interesting about wormwood. I never would have guesses that. What great information! I love facts like those. I do nerdily devour such information!

Dear Paula,

Your secret is safe with me! I will not tell the boys. Have fun ice skating! I always wanted to figure skate. Playing hooky must be a blast!

I can see why you would be concerned about trying anything like that with your computer. They can be so tempermental. One minute, they are fine, they next they crash. I believe they enjoy being contrary. These things have a mind of their own. AIM is something that can screw up your computer. My Dad said some of the updates can make your entire system go nuts.

I signed up for Yahoo chat a while back. I have not really used it, though. AIM is the one I am most familiar with. I have not used MSN, but could sign up if it is free. If I do, I will let you know.

My appointment went well. The tooth hung on for dear life. They had to crack him! He would not budge. I am kind of sad. Mr. Molar and I have been through a lot together. We chewed popcorn, fruit, nuts, tortilla chips, and so much more. I am going to miss him.

I used to be rail thin when I was young. After hips developed, that was over. I went up from a size 0/2 to a size 8 within a year of starting my menstrual cycle. How depressing is that? It does seem that no matter what, we are too thin or too fat! No matter what I have done since, my hips were not shrinking.

Dear elisabet,

Your profession sounds interesting. I am not sure, but I do not think Rachel's calcium was high. I do not know about her PTH. I do not think she mentioned that at all. Hopefully, Rachel will be able to provide a better answer to your inquiry than me! All I know is, many of her mineral levels were low.

Dear Judy,

It is nice to see you! How are you? I hope you are doing a bit better. I know how frustrating it is feeling bad. Everytime you start feeling better, you worry it will not last.

Dear Andrea,

He got me so good with that needle, my ear is even numb! :lol: I am still bleeding. I am worried.

When is this supposed to stop? How long does it take? Speaking of, I am going to have to change my gauze again soon.

Dear Kristina,

I am glad you are not having a reaction so far! That is a good sign. We are pulling for you! It would be nice to eat gluten again. Big Macs and fries are so good!

I did not tolerate the prep that well, either. My best friend's brother threw it up the first time. Most people do alright with it, though. Not everyone reacts badly. It varies from person to person.

Dear Kassandra,

I will do that! I love AIM chat. We used to do that all the time with classmates. The conversations went on for a while sometimes. Studying was easier that way. Sometimes, we called each other. Our professors were good to meet us on chat during their office hours.

Yes, you buy the 6WBMO from television as far as I know. Michael Thurmond's program is online, but you have to have access. That is the main thing. Purchasing the program gives you everything. The yeast is one thing I thought about when I first began thinking of doing it. It really could help me get off of sugar completely.

I hope you get some help with the insomnia. I know what that is like. It began when I was about your age. Things just got worse, not better. I have no idea why.

I got through the dentist appointment fine! Thank you everyone for your good energy! I hope I can stop using gauze soon! I feel like I am never going to stop bleeding. Well, back I go to get more gauze!

Dear Rachel,

Those words were foreign to me as well. I do not know anything about that type of thing. Minerals can indicate a lot. I know they look for that in victims with arsenic poisoning. Forensics shows have talked about this.

I got in a similar state to you with the prep solution. I would not do that again. The whole experience was heinous! Never again! I am done with abusing my body that way!

Sincerely,

Jin

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Big Macs and fries are so good!

:D:D:D

Its only a matter of time.... :lol:

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Rachel,

Oh, what a wonderful dream it is! I want them so much! God, please do not let me have Celiac genes. Maybe this is not permanent. I really should not give my hopes up, but I cannot help myself!

Sincerely,

Jin

P.S. I see you Rachel, Donna, and Patti!

melmak5 Contributor

I should explain that my reaction to the prep was a bit more specific...

I did the mag citrate and I must have had some sores/cuts because it was as if I was passing shards of glass and lemon juice. The pain was so bad I blacked out for a few seconds.

I then started dry heaving and couldn't finish it.

My father did the go-lity and had no problem... besides the need the bathroom to be all his own for the night.

If you can, I would advise scheduling your appointment for the first available in the morning. Get it over and done with.

I also was one of those charming patients that decided I was DONE, in the middle of the procedure and tried to remove the scope, myself.

The shot me full of something that knocked me on my ass for the next day and a half. I was a zombie.

confused Community Regular

Jin,

Glad the dentist went great. About the 6wbm, u dont really have to buy the kit. Yahoo has a group you can join and find tons of recipes for your body type, if i can find my stuff i can even tell you what u need to eat. i spent more time putting my kit together then using it, once i got into the mode i never needed to look at it, then if i needed recipes i just went and looked at the yahoo group. Its funny that group was kinda slow and now im getting about 30 emails an day with new people starting the diet lol. Im kinda following it now, just not eating every 3 hours like u are supposed to. Maybe by the end of the month i will follow it more. The main thig is the water and every meal have an protein and carb with fruit or veggies.

We had an blast this morning and the best part about today was i cleaned my bedroom, i havent done that for weeks, so i was all excited lol, my hubby will be so happy when he comes home lol. I am so glad i have had such an awesome day, and tonight we are taking the kids to see an cool basketball game, if we can find tickets, cause its double if u wait til u show up, and kids are not free, so im going on a search for tickets soon lol

Kassandra,

I had an scary dream to, it was about i had an extra part of the house that i never knew about and the lady before us would bring then into the house and hurt them, so in this extra part of this house there were bikes and dolls and tons of toys. Plus there is more to this dream, but no way im repeating it.

paula

I never liked big macs so im fine with not eating them, now give me some lasagna then i would be happy.

confusedks Enthusiast

Jin,

I got it for free from a Woman's World Magazine like 2 years ago! LOL! It's the only diet I follow when I really want to lose weight. I only usually do it for about 6 days and then I start to think "I don't really NEEEEEED to lose weight...blah blah blah!" :rolleyes::lol::D

That's so funny....Big Mac's gross me out to the enth degree! B):lol: Yuck! It's so funny the things we miss. I miss chocolate chip rugullah....ahhhhhh so GOOD!

Paula,

I hope you had/have fun with the girls! I used to take lessons...I was actually really good!

Rachel,

I LOVED it! I thought it was amazing! :) I'm a sucker for romantic comedies though... :P

confusedks Enthusiast

Paula,

Yea, I keep having awful dreams. It's very strange! I had another one last night that a girl I used to go to school with became a Dr. was telling my that I don't have Lyme! LOL! I was really angry at her in the dream (well, I actually don't like her anyway!) and I got up and left the room and she was shocked! LOL!

elisabet Contributor

Dear Rachel

I tried also to send you a pm,your box was full.can you please tell me which brand biotin do you use?

I do recommend to check your PTH.

thanks for all the wonderful informations elisabet

Green12 Enthusiast

Lisa, yikes! That must have been a rude awakening for you.

In all the years I have had acupuncture I have never had any needles going in the nether regions :lol:

And I hope I never do any time soon!

If you look at an acupuncture chart, there are points all over the body, hundreds of them, each in the categories of the lung, large intestine, stomach, spleen, heart, small intestine, bladder, kidney, pericardium, tripple burner, gall bladder, liver....

I can't find a chart to pull up that illustrates what the labia point correlates with, I'm thinking it might be kidney.

Can you take charcoal and apple pectin together? At the same time? Or do they bind to each other and cancel one or the other out?

AndreaB Contributor
Andrea,

3 hours! :o What takes so long?

The store is 30-40 minutes away.....one way. I had to go to two stores today. It took about 2.5 hours.

I've not been sleeping too well the last few nights either. I've been having pains in my abdominal area, starting about 1-2 inches from my belly button. I'm hoping it won't last long. It's not constant but has woken me up quite a few times. If's it's not a PMS thing for me (which would be unusual for me) then I'll contact both Dr M and Dr E and see if it's possibly metal build up. I do know that abdominal pains can be metals.

dlp252 Apprentice

Andrea, that is such a LONNNNGGGG drive!

I hate driving, lol.

Julie,

Yeah, I think I'd take charcoal away from everything. I wouldn't even take it too close to a meal. Here's a website I came across once that has some info (although it's geared towards kids it still has some useful info):

Open Original Shared Link

dlp252 Apprentice

And this snippet:

Side Effects and Safety

Pregnant or nursing women and the elderly should avoid activated charcoal.

Activated charcoal should not used concomitantly with medication or nutritional supplements.

Activated charcoal can cause stools to appear black. Other side effects of activated charcoal include nausea, vomiting, abdominal discomfort, diarrhea, or constipation.

Although there haven't been adverse effects in amounts used in nutritional supplements, there are no studies on the long-term safety of activated charcoal in humans.

confusedks Enthusiast
The store is 30-40 minutes away.....one way. I had to go to two stores today. It took about 2.5 hours.

I've not been sleeping too well the last few nights either. I've been having pains in my abdominal area, starting about 1-2 inches from my belly button. I'm hoping it won't last long. It's not constant but has woken me up quite a few times. If's it's not a PMS thing for me (which would be unusual for me) then I'll contact both Dr M and Dr E and see if it's possibly metal build up. I do know that abdominal pains can be metals.

That's far away!!! My mom complains that it takes us 10 minutes to get to Whole Foods....lol! Although in LA traffic it can take longer. ;)B)

I hope that pain subsides quickly for you! I have been having lower left abdomen pain too...hmm. Must be Lyme (everything is Lyme now! :lol: :lol:) for me.

Green12 Enthusiast
Activated charcoal should not used concomitantly with medication or nutritional supplements.

Thanks Donna for the info :)

What the heck kind of word is concomitantly?? Why don't they just say "along with" or better yet alone by itself.

Interestingly, my apple pectin tablet bottle has a warning on it to take 2 hours away from medications/supplements while the apple pectin powder bottle did not. AND it says to take it with meals.

My charcoal bottle mentions nothing of the sort, no warning, nothing, and again says to take with meals :blink:

I can't say enough about the charcoal, it is a wonder supplement in my book. Amazing.

Haven't gotten the apple pectin in yet because I keep forgetting about the 2 hour thing and I hesitated to take it with the charcoal, so now I know.

Sorry about the pain in your abdomen Andrea, could be any number of things.

confusedks Enthusiast

Everyone,

I just got an email from a teacher at online school and she was so sweet, she said:

Kassandra,

Academics are important, but health is more so. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

I am SO shocked! You guys probably remember what my teachers at regular school said to me...they weren't very nice. This is so refreshing! :) (Just had to share that with you guys.)

I complain the store is less then a mile away that we shop at lol. I cant imagine driving 40 minutes to shop. But if we had a whole foods that was 40 miles away i might be tempted to enjoy going that far to shop lol Even tho my diet is so basic now i can shop anywhere lol

paula

Everyone,

I just got an email from a teacher at online school and she was so sweet, she said:

I am SO shocked! You guys probably remember what my teachers at regular school said to me...they weren't very nice. This is so refreshing! :) (Just had to share that with you guys.)

on line teachers are nice, i think cause there is less stress. I taught an jr high class for an semester in college and an open high school for an semester and it was hard work.

paula

Archived