This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

aprilh Apprentice
Okay, LLMD appt. GREAT NEWS across the board!!!! I can even say it all here ....

That's great Carla! How old are your kids and how long was their treatment? Sorry, I don't know a lot of the history!! :P

Great to hear another success story!!!

April

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tabasco32 Apprentice

Have you heard of health being like a bathtub?

An analogy can be made that the chronically ill human body is like a bathtub full of dirty water overflowing onth the bathroom floor. All of the drains at the bottom of the bathtub representing the detox mechanisms of bowel, liver, kidney,lymph, etc.

They are plugged up, preventing the dirty water form draining out of the bathtub. These dirth water faucets represent polluted inhaled air, nutrient depleted foods eaten, toxic relationships, toxic conscious and subconcious, electro magnetic pollution, other radiation,etc.

Also at the top of the bathtur are seceral other clean water faucets that are either completely turned off or are barely dripping into the tub.

These faucets represent fresh are, purified water, good foods and supplemental nutrients, sunshine, exercise, relaxation, good relationships, peace , joy,love, the will to live and a purpose in like.

ALll the dirth water overflowing onto the bathroom florr represents symptoms of chronic diseaxe. In order to stop the dirty water from flowing over onto the bathroom floorand to progressively lower the level of dirty water in the bathtub, one must open up the drains at the bottom of the bathtub by enhancing detox mechanisms of the body.

THey must turn down or off as many of the dirty water faucets as possible while, at the same time, opening widethe clean water faucets at the top of the bathtub. In doing these things, not only does the level of the dirty water go down,but the water becines cleaner and cleaner so that eventually, the bottom can be seen. THis is true wellness.

I don't know if this has been posted before. I got this from Dee.

hope this helps. I kind of helped me understand about toxins.

So JIn stay away from toxic Lays Stax. :)

Lisa

Clark Bent as Stupor-Man Contributor

I don't have time to post in this thread tonight but I should be back posting soon, at least to an extent... just replied to a couple other posts on this forum so figured I'd leave a quick reply here...

great news, carla regarding you and your daughter... hope everyone else is doing well and making progress...

Green12 Enthusiast

Hi Lisa,

This is a really good analogy, thanks for posting!

I had always heard the bucket analogy but I like this one better :)

Yes, Jin, stay away from the Lays Stax!!! And the Cool Whip!!! And those condiments!!! Just until you heal and get well on your way to recovery :D

Hi Charlie, good to see you popping in. Hope you are well. Come back and post when you are able :)

AndreaB Contributor
I don't have time to post in this thread tonight but I should be back posting soon, at least to an extent... just replied to a couple other posts on this forum so figured I'd leave a quick reply here...

Charlie! :D

Great to hear from you. I'll look forward to you posting some more again. :)

confusedks Enthusiast

I have an appt. with the Hematologist tomorrow (well actually today I guess) at 10.15. I am so nervous about talking about Lyme with him. Ahhh!

(Just needed to vent a little! ;))

Also, does anyone know if you have blood drawn on a Friday for Igenex, can it just be refrigerated over the weekend until they can ship it? Or does it actually have to be drawn on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday?

mftnchn Explorer
Okay, LLMD appt. GREAT NEWS across the board!!!!

Carla, this is so FANTASTIC!!!

I hope this will eventually be me!

Sherry

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mftnchn Explorer

Kassandra, I don't know. Does their website say?

CarlaB Enthusiast
I know you'd been looking forward to getting on the herbs....looks like you got your wish sooner than you'd thought! Thats really exciting news...both you and Chloe have some celebrating to do! WOO-HOO!! :D

Yes, it is sooner! He has not pronounced me healed (though Chloe probably is with two months symptom-free), but he is thinking the herbs will be enough, maybe with Tindamax later. I was really doubting the reasons for the Tindamax .... if I felt better, what did it matter if I had the cystic form? At least, was it worth feeling really bad for a whole week to get rid of it if it was impossible to get rid of all the bacteria anyway?

It's not that he doesn't think we need to go after this form, it's that he doesn't think I should be feeling this bad when I'm feeling so good.

He said that everyone does not respond like Chloe and I have, that we have really strong immune systems.

He mentioned detox pathways .... it was in passing though, he was more trying to tell me how to detox when I felt symptoms.

Part of the Cowden is no dairy, no soy, no corn (but not no wheat :huh: ). I've been thinking about cleaning up my diet more anyway, so now that I don't have to be eating for the meds to prevent nausea, I can eat healthier. I know that doesn't make sense .... but I was having to eat breads and sometimes things like chips or cheese curls to keep my stomach happy.

There's a juicing thread on LN .... I might dust off my juicer today. :) With no dairy, I can spend that $4 over at Wild Oats for a fresh veggie juice. :)

Yea, Carla that really is great! I am SO jealous! LOL!! :D;) We're not going to lose you, are we? :huh:
Lose me? Ha! I've felt in the 90% range for a while now and still post (more when I'm feeling bad though). ;) I think it's important .... both to give those behind me in treatment hope, and to be available to answer questions for those who are looking for answers ... besides, you guys are my friends. :)

That's great Carla! How old are your kids and how long was their treatment? Sorry, I don't know a lot of the history!! :P

My daughter Chloe, who was the one being treated, is 14. She had 8 months of treatment, and that included two months of being symptom-free. She's doing great! She was never really sick like most of us here, it was because I had Lyme that I even recognized the symptoms in her.

My 19 year old daughter Morgan has been taking Samento and Cumanda (the abx herbs in Cowden) for a few weeks and has had no reactions whatsoever. She has not felt better and has not herxed. So, it seems that she most likely does not have a problem with Lyme. I wanted her to try it just to test whether she had it and if she did have a small case, to be able to treat it while it's still small.

I know they were all exposed through me and through tick bites .... thankfully, we have good immune systems.

I heard the barrel analogy ... it is in The Yeast Connection. This is a good example of why we need to reduce toxins, and why even though we have several things wrong with chronic illness, it's that one last thing that pushes us over the edge to illness.

It also explains why some people can be exposed to amalgam fillings, etc. and not get sick.

great news, carla regarding you and your daughter... hope everyone else is doing well and making progress...

It's good to have you back. I look forward to an update.

Carla, this is so FANTASTIC!!!

I hope this will eventually be me!

Sherry

I don't get the feeling that you are that far away. In fact, I think if you were seeing my doc, you'd probably be on Cowden now since you've been on long-term abx.

happygirl Collaborator

x

mftnchn Explorer

Actually it is on my list to discuss with my doctor. It may be necessity anyway given what's happened with my liver enzymes. I looked up Levaquin (that's what you took for Bart, right?) and it looks like it may be too hard on my liver. I'll see what Dr. E. finds, and what my LLMD then says.

I wish I could know what your LLMD might say about my case. I appreciate my doctor very much, but I think a doc who treats mainly lyme and as much as your doctor does could have some insights.

My sense is my body is still making some shifts after going gluten-free. I keep wondering if I am really celiac, but I think the answer likely is yes. (There is that double DQ2 I have after all.) When I feel good now, I feel really very good. I am still eating starches and some sweets, but have lost quite a bit of weight which is unheard for me previously unless on a very low carb diet. The lyme treatment I have been on this year is almost the very same as the last several years, so the only significant hange is the GFCFSF diet and some additional gut healing supplements. I'm doing some more detox than I was.

So now with these changes, I need to see if I am or can move mercury better, see what else my body needs to get balanced, recheck the malabsorption to see if there is any improvement. Also I want to check all the foods, meds, parasites, detox pathways, etc. with Dr. E, and try LED to see if it helps. Also figure out what will support my liver enough. I want to see if I need to check for or try treating bart, and maybe check my CD57 levels.

Sherry

mftnchn Explorer

Hey, everyone.

Okay I am curious. I have lost quite a bit of weight since going GFCFSF, yet am eating quite a bit, even starches and some sweets. (Trying to make that change, Donna, not doing too well yet!)

I had a high malabsorption index last spring, and I know that I saw a piece of tapeworm awhile back. Now you would think....I would be thin, right?

The weight has come off slowly, and I am pleased. Just trying to understand what is going on.

Do you all think that my body could have gone into a starvation mode due to the high malabsorption, and was just saving and storing every morsel it could--leading to weight gain and constipation? What role might parasites play?

Maybe when I get rid of more parasites I'll gain weight again unless I restrict carbs a lot.

Sherry

dlp252 Apprentice

CARLA!!!

WOW!!! That is the best news...what a great way to start my day!!!

That, and CHARLIE is back! Yay! :P

Woohoo, a good day all around!

Egads April...I don't think I could have done that math test either!!!! :P

Paula,

Looking forward to hearing your results!

Lisa,

Great analogy...I don't remember hearing it (and I read Yeast Connection, lol).

Kassandra,

Will be thinking of you at your hema's appt! No, you should not have blood drawn on Friday...if he agrees, I'd insist on going in for the draw on Monday--it needs to be shipped on the same day so it arrives as soon as possible.

Sherry,

Well, I haven't been as strict on my diet as I should. I'm the opposite...I CANNOT lose weight. Normally, when I eat this low carb, I lose all kinds of weight, but it is NOT budging this time and I'm not sure why. I think the parasites can have something to do with it all, but not sure exactly how. In my mind it seems logical that they (the parasites, lol) could affect different body functions differently in differet people (did that make any sense at all, lol).

Everyone,

Okay, keep good thoughts for me today...today is my appointment to learn how to give myself B12 shots, and I'm being a big fraidy-cat, lol. :lol:

confused Community Regular

Donna,

Ill be thinking of u when u learn to give your shots. Im not sure if i could give myself shots. But you are stronger then me and u will do fine.

I will post as i soon as she calls me which should be any moment.

paula

aprilh Apprentice
Hey, everyone.

Okay I am curious. I have lost quite a bit of weight since going GFCFSF, yet am eating quite a bit, even starches and some sweets. (Trying to make that change, Donna, not doing too well yet!)

I had a high malabsorption index last spring, and I know that I saw a piece of tapeworm awhile back. Now you would think....I would be thin, right?

The weight has come off slowly, and I am pleased. Just trying to understand what is going on.

Do you all think that my body could have gone into a starvation mode due to the high malabsorption, and was just saving and storing every morsel it could--leading to weight gain and constipation? What role might parasites play?

Maybe when I get rid of more parasites I'll gain weight again unless I restrict carbs a lot.

Sherry

I lost a lot of weight after going gluten-free, SY, CF, and DF. I lost about 20 pounds in 2 months. I think for me i had a lot of inflammation and the food sensitivities were making it worse. This could be the case with the tapeworm - causing inflammation along with some of the other issues.

aprilh Apprentice

Hey all!

I talked a bit about my situation with my hubby which gets me all in a tizzy usually. Anyway, when we renovated that room with the rot and dead ants, he said there was some mold because he remembers spraying bleach on it.

Therefore, to top it all off, I was exposed to mold toxins as well. :o

Does anyone know, do you detox mold toxins like metals and pesticides? Or does it just create the fungus issue that corresponds with candida.

I know a few on here have mold issues in their home.

THANKS!

April

happygirl Collaborator

C-

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dlp252 Apprentice

April,

I'm not sure about the detox for mold toxins...cholestyramine is supposed to (according to some) help detox the mold toxins, but my doctor will not prescribe it for me. He REALLY wants me to fix the mold problem. He is delaying all other aggressive treatments until I take care of it. He may not even do a provoked challenge for metals, if I haven't begun progress on fixing the mold. Problem is, I can't see any mold. I don't know where it is exactly. I know my livingroom tested high, but don't know where it is because I can't see it. Anyway, I digress...the cholestyramine is actually even supposed to help with people who are still exposed to mold.

I never finished reading it, but while reading Mold Warriors, it sounds to me like the detox from mold exposure is not that easy.

I don't know, I'm actually thinking of asking him to retest me for molds. I was getting allergy shots that included MOLDS. I haven't been getting those shots for a couple of months now, and I'm wondering if that will make any difference. I don't feel particularly worse in bad weather like we're having now, so I'm not as convinced as he is that it's my environment, lol...maybe just grasping at straws (in fact, probably am). I've been tested for environmental allergies three times (skin scratch all three times) and molds always comes up a 10 on a scale of 1-10. My LLMD did a blood test and all three of the bad molds came up elevated.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Actually it is on my list to discuss with my doctor. It may be necessity anyway given what's happened with my liver enzymes. I looked up Levaquin (that's what you took for Bart, right?) and it looks like it may be too hard on my liver. I'll see what Dr. E. finds, and what my LLMD then says.

I wish I could know what your LLMD might say about my case. I appreciate my doctor very much, but I think a doc who treats mainly lyme and as much as your doctor does could have some insights.

Levaquin took away my remaining GI and cognitive symptoms. It was truly a miracle drug for me!

You've been on abx for 7 years and relapse when you get off them, right? I really think my LLMD would put you on Cowden .... that's what he's using to successfully get people off abx. It's a 6 month protocol, then, if needed, another few months of a limited version. It's about $2000 for the six months .... which he pointed out is significantly less expensive than most end up paying for Lyme treatment (he said about $70k for Lyme treatment for most).

Cowden is big on detox issues, including metals .... it seems that it would be beneficial for you. It even has you take enough magnesium to have three bowel movements per day. :) It also has adrenal support. I'm impressed.

I can't speak for my LLMD, of course, but I know he's been using this for people who are doing well and relapse after abx. I know you don't always feel well, but you seem to be doing great .... still working, etc.

Hey, everyone.

Sherry

I'm thinking it's inflammation issues ..... parasites might play a big role in causing inflammation. I think health is the goal to strive for, then when you reach it your weight will stabilize. I wouldn't keep the parasites because you're worried about gaining weight.

CARLA!!!

WOW!!! That is the best news...what a great way to start my day!!!

Everyone,

Okay, keep good thoughts for me today...today is my appointment to learn how to give myself B12 shots, and I'm being a big fraidy-cat, lol. :lol:

Thanks, and good luck today, you'll do fine. :)

C-

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks. :)

April,

I'm not sure about the detox for mold toxins...cholestyramine is supposed to (according to some) help detox the mold toxins, but my doctor will not prescribe it for me.

I still have 2 canisters leftover .... ;)

I agree with your doctor though, you need to get rid of your exposure first.

Green12 Enthusiast

Sherry,

Could the long term antibiotic use be the cause of your elevated liver enzymes??

I don't take meds, but have elevated liver enzymes. I was tested in June, then again in Nov. They increased over the 5 month period.

I have been reading a lot about yeast and Canada really congesting the liver. And I know that antibiotics, especially long term, can really throw off the balance of the flora. Just thinking aloud about possibilities.

I hope to find out tomorrow at my appt. the source of my liver congestion.

I can't weigh in on the weight loss :lol: , that just isn't a problem for me. No matter what I eat or don't eat, I just have so much overall edema and inflammation.

Donna, I'll be thinking of you today :wub:

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Carla,

This is exciting! :D It sounds like you and Chloe had a terrific appointment. Now you finally can get on the herbs! Chloe seems to have made amazing progress, too. Congratulations to both of you!

I wish you could have seen Bev while you were in NYC. That would have been neat to meet up with her. I can see why you would want to get an early flight, though. There is no place like home! Did you get to do anything else while in The Big Apple?

More detox is probably always more desirable than drugs to the body. My body does not care for anything. I barely tolerate food. How could my system like meds? Speaking of, I am just toughing out any pain from the tooth extraction. I was given a prescription for Darvocet, but do not want to risk not tolerating it.

Maybe that is why I have felt so rough. Could I be relapsing after the abx? That would make sense. I felt better as far as the nausea went while on them. My colon went crazy, like my body was trying to flush something out.

Dear Andrea,

My parents take two or three hours when they go to the grocery a lot of the time. Although Super Wal-Mart is only about 3 miles from here, getting around the store takes a while. Finding everything can be exhausting. Mom really avoids going there when possible. Dad likes it, but hates the walking.

Sorry to hear about the abdominal pain. It could be metals. They can do a lot of things to you, including your intestinal tract. Appendicitis is normally more severe, to the point it goes all the way across the lower abdomen. Still, you may want to check this out to be safe.

Dear Donna,

Thank you for the charcoal information! I am not sure if I should take it or not. Metals could be an issue with me. My body probably does not detox well. I certainly do not want to redistribute anything. Some testing should be done before I attempt anything.

Driving a long distance is lousy. I think I would fly everywhere instead if possible. Road trips drive me crazy. Flights are much shorter. I am scared because of the fact I have never flown, and the risk of crashing.

I know the frustration about weight. Nothing drops off from the right spot. All of the weight I have lost is in my boobs, where I really did not have much to begin with. My hips and thighs are the trouble spots! Oh, and my ghetto booty.

Good luck at your appointment! I am sure you will do fine. Just take a deep breath. Shots are not that bad. They hurt more when you look, though.

Mold in the environment is a huge issue. Being constantly exposed to it is causing major problems. You never recover from Candida without getting out of a mold-infested environment. I think this house is making me sick. Mold is definitely around.

Dear April,

I am so glad your doctor's appointment went so well! :) This sounded very productive. I probably need a lot of testing, too. That amount of money is a lot. I can see why you worry about it.

Environmental toxins certainly seem like a major component to why you are so ill now. Yeast tends to make us more sensitive. Candida (or, Canada) is aggravated by chemicals and mold. Anyone suffering from an overgrowth of yeast will likely have reactions to chemicals of all sorts. From what you said, the home you live in is very toxic.

Your grandparents both dying of Cancer is a sign of that. Is there any possibility asbestos was in the building, or still is? You also mentioned that they smoked, which did not help. The dead ants point toward toxins that are poisonous. Another thing is the cockroaches. Their excrement is terrible for asthma.

For some reason, I thought that Canada was a different microorganism that can aggravate the system. Candida does look a lot like it, but I thought I read somewhere about Canada being a separate issue. Maybe I just did not realize that was the same thing as yeast? Calling it Canada will take some getting used to. I have been saying it the other way all of this time.

Inflammation makes false fat. Fluid is common to surround the organs for protections. Gluten causes this in a lot of people. Parasites can, too. A lot of children in Africa who have worms have distended stomachs.

Dear Kassandra,

I am glad to hear your teacher is so nice! My instructors in college were way better than my former high school teachers. The class generally got along better, too. People fighting was pretty uncommon. Online school was great!

I saw the article in Woman's World, too. It did not give a full list of foods, though. There was nothing about exercises, either. I want to know more. They have an online community, but you have to buy the program or become a member first.

Big Macs are like anything else. You either love something, or you don't. I love chocolate chip cookies, but my mother does not like them. Dad eats apple pie with cheese on it, which I think is gross. To me, it is a clear violation of good taste. :lol:

The hematologist is just going to have to take it like a man! Since you have been diagnosed, I am sure you will have no trouble. Good luck at your appointment! We all hope it goes well. Doctors are more willing to accept information from other doctors.

Dear Paula,

Can you help me get into the Yahoo group for the 6WBMO? Do they tell you about the workouts and such, too? Working out twice per week sounds doable. Some of the other things I used to do were just plain crazy. I used to live off of rice cakes and Nutri-Grain bars.

I am a person who gets Big Mac attacks! My mother used to when she was pregnant with my brother. I never could eat more than half at a time. I am more of a snacker. Eating meals is rarely something I can do. I am more of a snacker.

I hope you had fun at the basketball game with the kids! I never go to sporting events. I would rather play a sport than watch one. Spectatorship is not my thing. Sitting still is not my thing, either!

I cannot wait ot hear your test results! Tell us what they find. Everyone will be glued to the forum. You know how we are! This is exciting for us, you know!

Dear Lisa,

Dee's analogy is a great one! It all makes sense. Toxins overloading my system are a major issue. Cigarette smoke is only one troublesome thing to deal with. So much more is involved.

Do not worry. I am not eating the Stax anymore. I cannot chew them! My tooth was extracted yesterday. Soft food is all I am allowed right now. I wish I was not lactose intolerant so I could eat ice cream. :(

Dear Charlie,

We are so glad to hear from you! Everyone has been wondering how you are. It has been so long since we heard anything. I cannot wait to see an update on your sister. Write when you can!

Dear Julie,

I am afraid to try any of the detoxing yet. Apple pectin and charcoal may do me more harm than good.

You are right when you said some of the instructions can be confusing. They tell you to take probiotics with foods, but mine do not seem to work well that way. I take them two hours after or an hour before eating, and they work better that way.

Do not worry, Julie! I have been good. I have not eaten the Stax for a couple days since I got my tooth extracted yesterday. Soft foods only are allowed right now. I have not been using condiments because most have vinegar. I have allowed myself a condiment once or twice per week, but now that my body odor has decreased because of killing off some yeast, I do not want to start that up again!

If you find out more on the accupuncture, let me know. I would like to know about the needle insertion sites and what they correlate with. Do you have a Web site or something where you got the information? Accupuncture is interesting. You really cannot find a lot of practitioners.

Dear Rachel,

I thought Canada was different than Candida. Maybe it is the same thing. Some Web sites do not always mention alternate names for something. That is why it is so easy to get confused. You would think more people would post those things on their site.

Redistributing is trouble. That is what I am afraid of. It would make sense why I do badly with raw garlic and onion. It makes my colon cramp something terrible. I am not sure if that is the reason, but it would make sense. Cooked onion and garlic are fine, though. Does cooking them kill their sulfur compounds?

Mercury is known for the cognative impairment. It has been implicated in Alzheimer's. People with the disease after they die are often cut open. Their brains were studied. In every person so far, there was an abnormally high amount of mercury present in the brain.

Dear elisabet,

I hope you hang around a while. It would be nice. I would like to learn more about PTH. Can you give me more information about it? I would appreciate it.

Dear Sherry,

Candida and Canada might be two different things. I am not sure, but I thought so. I could be wrong. I need to research this. I am going to go crazy until I figure it out.

You seem to have a good plan in place! Having Bart is a possibility. Checking for it could not hurt.

Your celiac disease-57 levels are a smart thing to look at as well. It is a good indicator about for Lyme treatment progress. Let us know when you find anything out!

Dear Kristina,

Magnesium Citrate must be awful for people! I would not want that stuff after your experience! I had a difficult time with Barium Sulfate. I hardly could swallow the stuff. What little I did swallow nauseated me. They ended up injecting me with iodine for the abdominal CT I was supposed to be drinking it for.

I am glad your father had a better experience with the Go-Lightly than some people have. I could not drink enough of it, so they had to do an alternative method of cleaning me out. None of it was pleasant. I absolutely hated every minute of it, and do not know if I ever will emotionally recover from it. The nurses actually threatened to poor the solution down my throat without numbing it! :o

Dear Laura,

Nice to see you! Yes, Carla has improved so much. Isn't it great? Who knows what she will do next? She may run for president! We will have to wait and see.

Sincerely,

Jin

AndreaB Contributor
I know they were all exposed through me and through tick bites .... thankfully, we have good immune systems.

That is definately a good thing. :)

My sense is my body is still making some shifts after going gluten-free. I keep wondering if I am really celiac, but I think the answer likely is yes. (There is that double DQ2 I have after all.)

So now with these changes, I need to see if I am or can move mercury better, see what else my body needs to get balanced, recheck the malabsorption to see if there is any improvement. Also I want to check all the foods, meds, parasites, detox pathways, etc. with Dr. E, and try LED to see if it helps. Also figure out what will support my liver enough. I want to see if I need to check for or try treating bart, and maybe check my CD57 levels.

With the DQ2 I'd recommend staying gluten free. You'll know more as you detox and complete healing whether you'll be able to handle cc issues or not.

Your appointment will be thorough. Ours wasn't as much with the children because we aren't dealing with a lot of things. I don't know about me as I haven't really gone through it yet since I still have my amalgams and can't do anything but supplement/support.

You'll do fine Donna! :D

Does anyone know, do you detox mold toxins like metals and pesticides? Or does it just create the fungus issue that corresponds with candida.

I don't know April. I know LED can handle detoxing that stuff. I'd imagine supplements and toxin binders.....but I wouldn't know what.

I hope to find out tomorrow at my appt. the source of my liver congestion.

And once you find out you can start helping it. :)

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Andrea,

I would not recommend Sherry eat gluten, either. I will not go back to eating it unless I know I am fine with it. I have a terrible feeling Celiac will get in the way. The gene testing might be helpful as an indicator. I just hate being hungry all the time!

Sincerely,

Jin

Green12 Enthusiast
I am afraid to try any of the detoxing yet. Apple pectin and charcoal may do me more harm than good.

If you find out more on the accupuncture, let me know. I would like to know about the needle insertion sites and what they correlate with. Do you have a Web site or something where you got the information? Accupuncture is interesting. You really cannot find a lot of practitioners.

Hi Jin,

I'm not doing any detox presently. I am just using the charcoal during my angioedema outbreaks with the idea it is binding to the toxins that are being released.

The information I have about acupuncture is just what I have learned over the last 14 yrs of getting treatments. I have seen all the body charts in the office, but I tried to look one up on the internet and couldn't find one that could be viewed.

I forget where you are, Ohio? I can ask my acupuncturist the accredations she recommends, they have a website where you can find an accredited licensed acupuncturist in your local area.

Glad to hear you have cleared those things out of your diet. I think keeping your diet clean helps with the overall toxic load.

Carla, probably a good idea to clean your diet up as you approach the home stretch!!!

elisabet Contributor

Dear Jin

PTH stands for parathyroid hormone regulates the amount of calcium in blood.some of the brain fog's reason is due to high PTH.

It is important not to cause the parathyroid glands (which normally are 4) to work too hard .

It can also make some skin problem.

Dear Rachel

In one of your posts you mentioned a skin problem that you had,is it gone now?

you both should excuse my English.

I am in Norway.

Elisabet

Archived